http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/steve_jones/2008/02/22/the-advantages-of-telecommutting/ Printed 2015/03/30 12:08AM
The Advantages of Telecommutting
It isn't often that I see what the real advantages are, and I've been doing it so long that I almost take it for granted, but here's a look at my last 12 hours.
- Tosing and turning in bed, sore back, alternating between chills and sweating as a fever came and went.
- Up around 4 for a hot shower and aspirin to ease my aching back.
- Up late to help get the kids ready, so they missed the bus. So my wife drove them.
- Checking on email before feelng dizzy and going back to bed (7:30ish)
- Waking up to hear the phone ringing and realizing I had a Performance review set for this morning.
- Running to get the phone and then back to bed to wait for a call back.
- Doing the review on the phone, getting chills near the ned.
- Sleeping for about 4 more hours, and back in the sweating, fever broken phase.
With a traditional job, this would have been possibly a hassle, with me being late after taking the kids (or my wife) and probably a sick day. Since I'm the guy that does the main work here on the site, that could be an issue. And with daily work done, I'm glad that I'm actually ahead of the game with podcasts edited and uploaded through Tuesday.
So I'm between fevers, hopefully done, and able to check a little email, handle a few things, and hopefully better quicker by remaining close to bed and away from other people.