It's done, it's out, and check it out!!!
I guess if you got here, you've probably noticed :)
This was a fairly painless upgrade. The boys in the UK got up early, came into the office and converted over the database, moving the website DNS and then letting me know it was done. By the time I got up around 8 this morning, things were complete and we were testing. Other than a minor permissions issues, things are looking pretty good. I did have to run some T-SQL code to match up new editorials (added as articles) to the existing forum threads, but that's not a big deal. We hope to automate the backfill next week sometime and all new ones work fine.
Now if we can just get the Google indexing caught up :)
Steve Jones is the editor of SQLServerCentral.com and visits a wide variety of data related topics in his daily editorial. Steve has spent years working as a DBA and general purpose Windows administrator, primarily working with SQL Server since it was ported from Sybase in 1990. You can follow Steve on Twitter at twitter.com/way0utwest