SQL Man of Mystery

Wes Brown is a PASS chapter leader and SQL Server MVP. He writes for SQL Server Central and maintains his blog at http://www.sqlserverio.com. Wes is Currently serving as a Senior Lead Consultant at Catapult Systems. Previous experiences include Product Manager for SQL Litespeed by Quest software and consultant to fortune 500 companies. He specializes in high availability, disaster recovery and very large database performance tuning. He is a frequent speaker at local user groups and SQLSaturdays.

Fusion IO’s on Their Way!

My company has taken the plunge and we have two of the Duo 640’s coming. As soon as they get here we will start a full test pass and I’ll post up the numbers here.

Wes

Comments

Posted by Steve Jones on 1 June 2009

Looking forward to it. We'd love a long article about the performance testing compared to HDD.

Posted by Wesley Brown on 2 June 2009

That's the end goal I've got a machine right now that is pretty beefy that I'm going to be doing the testing on. Its a dual quad core 32GB of ram and already has 24 direct attached 15k drives on it.

Posted by Kim Berlin on 13 July 2009

any progress?

Posted by Wesley Brown on 13 July 2009

I've had them in house now for a while. We have hit a couple of snags and I'm working with Fusion-IO to get past them. As soon as I have something I'll put it up!

Posted by Mark Ginnebaugh on 22 July 2009

I'm really looking forward to seeing your numbers, along with configuration info.  We'd like to help Fusion-io develop some best practices for leveraging SSDs to drive SQL Server performance.

I wrote about my meeting with Sumeet Bansal, Pricipal Solutions Architect of Fusion-io, at markginnebaugh.com/blog.

Posted by Wesley Brown on 22 July 2009

I'm working with them now to get some issues resolved. I've got some base numbers worked up and I'm making pretty charts right now.

I have to say they are focused on the customer and are easy to work with.