Friday night (as per usual) we filmed a new episode of our 2 1/2 year old webshow, DBAs@Midnight in front of a live internet audience. This was episode 2.30 (meaning season 2, episode 30). Par for the course, I say the wrong episode number in the episode AND in the preview.
The episode will be up in the neighborhood of March 29th. Here is the preview (rated somewhat NSFW for language and adult themes):
Show notes – we talked about:
- NTSSUG user group
- 78 groupies
- Dog injury
- Getting rid of problems in your environment
- SQL Saturday Dallas – Sean’s session
- Don Gill’s email (our BOL prank)
- The Bloggess, and the blog in question
- Impossible databases, dirty practices
- Database hacks
- 24hop wit, sql lunch wit
- No comments, “Singing code”
- Sessions sean attended – SSIS. Kendra’s session was a really good session, says Sean.
- Brief review of Denny Cherry’s brand new book. We WILL be reviewing this on ITBookworm.com
- What happens if you get locked out of your DB? Sean gives you step-by-step…and it’s also in Denny’s book!
- Keeping control over traces.