Few months back I have wrote post about moving MASTER and MSDB database to new location in stand alone machine.
In recent past we had a situation where customer asked us to move MASTER database to new location, below are the steps I have taken:
6. Add new start-up parameters with new values (per your configuration)
7. Check and confirm which node is active
8. PAUSE current PASSIVE Node to avoid fail-over
9. Take SQL Server resources offline, i.e. SQL Server, SQL Agent, MSDTC, SQLCLUSTER Name (do not take SQL Cluster IP Offline)
10. Copy MASTER.MDF and MASTLOG.LDF to NEW Location ( S:\SQLDATA, yours could be different)
11. Log into Cluster Administrator and bring SQL Server Resources online
12. Resume current PASSIVE Node
That's all, you should be able to see your master database on new location now!!!
Hemantgiri S. Goswami (http://www.sql-server-citation.com )
Cross posting: http://www.pythian.com/news/35829/moving-master-database-to-new-location-in-sql-cluster/