http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/scarydba/2011/09/16/st.-louis-sql-server-users-group-feedback/ Printed 2013/12/11 07:49PM
St. Louis SQL Server Users Group Feedback
You know I share what feedback I get from conferences. I don’t usually get feedback from users groups (well, I do, but it’s seldom written down and the bruises heal eventually). The St. Louis SQL Server Users Group did collect information. Since I share the other stuff, I may as well share this too.
They didn’t have a metric. It was just written down comments. Here are a few, my comments, as usual, will be in parenthesis:
- Enjoyed the demos; Everything worked (ditto, the enjoying demos working part)
- Good speaker; just dislike presentations w/ remote speakers.(Me too. I prefer interaction. I like seeing heads nodding or shaking or eyes rolling up so I know if I’m covering things well enough. Remote presentations are hard & can be very boring to watch)
- Would have liked to have seen more how to fix the query with the messages provided by SQL. (I’m a bit at a loss for this one. The whole session was on how to fix the issue, parameter sniffing, and how to spot it, so I’m unsure what I missed)
- Good presentation –very clear, good demos
- Enjoyed the lively pace and examples
There were some more, but you get the idea. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback. It’s always appreciated. It’s the one gift you can give people who present for you, so when given the opportunity to give that gift, please, do so.
Thanks again to the St. Louis SQL Server Users Group for allowing me to present. It’s really appreciated and I hope, next time, I can get out there in person.