http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/salvoz-sql/2012/09/11/t-sql-tuesday-help-i-need-somebody/ Printed 2014/08/30 06:50AM
T-SQL Tuesday – Help! I Need Somebody
By Jennifer Salvo
Today is T-SQL Tuesday #34 hosted by Rob Volk (B, T). This month’s topic is ‘Help! I Need Somebody’ inspired by The Beatles. The challenge is to write about a person, community or resource that helped you when you were stuck on a SQL Server problem.
I was excited when I read this month’s topic because it gives me an opportunity to blog about someone I hold near and dear to my heart. That person is my husband, Adam Salvo. I have known Adam for 10+ years. We met as Computer Science students at the University of Wisconsin – Madison during his final semester of school. Throughout the past 10 years Adam has always supported me in my pursuits to expand my technical knowledge and enhance my career.
It is impossible to cover all the examples of Adam’s support in a single blog post, so I thought I’d cover some of the highlights from the past decade
- When Adam received an email announcing the first MADPASS meeting, he passed the email along to me because he knew I was interested in learning more about SQL Server. We attended the first meeting together and we’ve been attending meetings together for almost two years.
- Adam spent many hours listening to me practice presentations for MADPASS meetings. He provided lots of constructive feedback and pointed me to some helpful resources to enhance my presentation skills.
- He also spent a three day weekend helping me learn C# .NET and sharing valuable real-world knowledge he’s acquired during 10+ years in .NET development.
- A few years back, Adam helped me troubleshoot an issue involving SSRS and IIS when I was on-call during Thanksgiving.
- Adam was also instrumental in jump-starting my blogging. He updated his blog so we could both post content and I’ve been blogging for a little over a year now.
It’s always nice to have someone you can depend on, especially someone who encourages you to achieve your personal best!
T-SQL Tuesday #34 – Help! I Need Somebody!