It’s Friday, time to look back at the most popular RealSQLGuy posts of the week. Because it’s Friday and you’re not doing any real work anyway.
Posts That Were Popular This Week
- Do You Need A Log Recovery Tool?
- Don’t Get Slimed By Bad Parameter Sniffing
- What Are Your Servers Doing While You’re Sleeping?
- Building (for FREE) a Virtual Server for SQL Demos
- Using A Non-correlated Subquery To Avoid DISTINCT
- Automated Permissions Auditing With Powershell and T-SQL: Part 1
- Cheating DBCC To Fix Index Corruption
- No, Simple Mode Doesn’t Disable The Transaction Log
- Which One’s Better?
- SYS.PARTITIONS: Better Than X-Ray Vision
Comments That Were Posted This Week
- David on No, Simple Mode Doesn’t Disable The Transaction Log:
I wrote a Perl program that ran insert statements. Each statement inserted perhaps 20 rows all together as one transaction. Grouping statements together to form bigger transactions made a tremendous difference in overall throughput. For a different project, I had studied throughput as a function of batch size, but I am off on a tangent now and have already answered your question. (I was on vacation last week or I would have responded sooner.)
This Week In History
None, the past holds no lessons this week
That’s it for this week. Get back to work!