So, what should I talk about next? There's so much going on in the world of SQL Server (ie: 2008, BI, the DBA job market, new technologies, Remote DBA services - and the list goes on and on.....I'm thinking of some topics to discuss, based on my recent own experiences, and bring the info that might help you in your everyday environment.
Some topics, I'm thinking of bringing you here and in my articles are:
- Coverage of the recent NYC SQL User Group, recently presented by MVP SQL Superstar Brian Knight - an Introductions to SSAS.
- A directory of SQL Server LinkedIN groups, their purpose and their owners
- Searching for a new DBA job - the state of the new economy
- Data Migration from Oracle to SQL Server
- SQL Server Mirroring over the Internet
- Discussion on the soon to be released SQL Server SQLOS Live Performance Dashboard
- SQL Server Monitoring...
- SQL Server Consolidation
- Forensic dissecting of the SQL Server transaction log (reading the t-log)
- Managed Remote DBA Services - how it can benefit your company and save thousands of dollars in reduced IT budgeting
I'm sure I'll think of more, but if any of the above are interesting to you, feel free to leave comments, or contact me directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back soon for more ideas and information and see what Pearl Knows!