I wrote a guide about using Git and GitHub for "Windows people".
This is the guide I wish was available when I got started with Git last year.
The guide takes you through everything you need to know to get started with Git and GitHub, and only requires a Windows PC where you have admin rights to complete. You can probably get through the whole thing in an evening or two.
This guide is unique because:
- It is specifically for developers who use Windows
- It only describes how to contribute to an existing project
- It prioritizes the GitHub for Windows UI when the command-line is not required
- It is not embarrassed to give step-by-step directions or definitions of basic terms
- It prioritizes "the simple way for the common circumstance" over "every possible way for every possible circumstance"
Check out the guide here:
If you like it, please hit me up on Twitter and let me know: @nycdotnet