Archives: September 2011
A couple weeks ago a user complained that on one of our development databases, one of the views he was linking to via Access was missing some of the columns. There were no permissions issues and the columns all showed up properly if they looked at the view via SSMS;… Read more
Because this was a problem that Google was zero help on and I did find a couple other people afflicted with it, I figured I’d write a post about it.
The issue was this. I add a table to replication (SQL Server 2005). The option to replicate DDL changes is… Read more
This is a technique I’m sure many people are already using in their environments. Instead of using the actual name of your SQL Server as the name of the linked server that you call, use a generic name. For instance. If you have a couple of servers named SQLSales02 and… Read more