It seems like every blog I read has a list of goals posted for the year. This seems like a pretty good idea and I thought I'd follow suit. The following are my professional goals for 2010. I've noted my current values of some of the things as a public reference to keep myself honest =).
- 600 new posts on SSC Forums. (Currently at: 1185)
- Write 1 article for SSC.
- 2 live presentations done on SQL Server. (15 minute mini-sessions will count for this)
- Write 52 blog posts.
- Add 25 connections on Linked-In. (Currently at 32)
- Attend 10 User Group Meetings and 2 SQL Saturdays.
- Read 3 sql related books in full.
- Attain my MCITP: DBD 2008. I've got my MCDBA, but it's time to update.
- Learn at least the basics of .NET to the point that I could create a website.
Some of my goals are are a little conservative, but still challenging enough that I think I'm going to have to work towards most of them. The presentations are something that I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy or not, but I really want to at least try it and see how it goes.