LiteSpeed for SQL Server version 6.0 was released in June 2010 and includes these key features:
- Fast Compression Backups – Fast Compression is Quest’s patent-pending backup technology which significantly reduces backup times, improves database recoverable, and automatically reduces a database’s backup footprint by up to 85 percent over and above the backup compression algorithms already in the product.
- Network Resiliency – Backups will still succeed after network interruptions. User can also customize the number of retries and wait period for a finer level of control.
- Easier Restores with Point in Time selection – Restore wizard’s time slider lets user choose exact point in time to recover data.
- Improved Double-Click Restore – 4GB limitation eliminated.
- OLR (object-level recovery) and Log Reader support more funky SQL Server 2008 data types – DATETIMEOFFSET, DATETIME2, DATE, TIME, HIERARCHYID, GEOMETRY, and GEOGRAPHY are now supported.
- SmartCleanup – Intelligently remove backups according to a user-supplied retention policy without affecting backup set integrity.
- Maintenance Plans reinforced – Import/Export Plans, Copy/Paste Tasks and Sub-Plans, Wildcards and Regular Expressions supported for easier database selections.
- New Maintenance Plan Cleanup History Task – Options to delete backup history, log shipping history, job and maintenance plan history, and more…
- Updated documentation – New Install and Log Shipping Guides and references to online video content.
Fightin’ For Fast Compression Feedback!
LiteSpeed for SQL Server’s patent-pending Fast Compression (formerly SmartDiff) technology reduces backup size substantially for huge storage savings. It also decreases backup times significantly—from hours to minutes. Are you familiar with this technology? Are you taking full advantage of it?
We’d like your feedback. Tell how much disk space you’re saving and how much faster your backups are when using Fast Compression. Please share your comments with us in the LiteSpeed Forum at our SQL Server community.
We’d like to offer you the latest information to help you get the most out of your investment in LiteSpeed® for SQL Server. Most of these resources are also available through SupportLink, our customer support portal.
LiteSpeed Video Tutorials
Learn LiteSpeed for SQL Server tips and tricks by viewing our free recorded videos online. You’ll see the solution in action and discover how to:
- Determine the most appropriate backup options for you
- Query backup files without a full restore
- Recover just one table or repair a dropped procedure
- And much more!
Go to LiteSpeed tutorials.
LiteSpeed for SQL Server – Key Documentation
LiteSpeed’s latest product resources can be found via the links below:
- Installation Guide 6.0 – New
- Configure Log Shipping 6.0 – New
- New SupportLink Product Information page
- Product Lifecycle
- Installation Guide 5.2
- SmartDiff Quick Start Guide 5.2
And just an FYI, but you’ll need to register on the Support website to reach most of those resources.
SQL Server Community Sites
Please join our SQL Server communities today to get the latest product information and find helpful resources. You can also participate in discussions with other community members as well as the Quest product team.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this information, contact us.
Please do not respond directly to this e-mail notification. You can elect to stop receiving product notifications by changing the ”Product Notification” setting under Edit User Profile on SupportLink.