The inaugural SQLRally in Orlando is less than a week away (May 11-13)! Maybe you're coming to Orlando for the first time, or maybe you've been here before but just aren't familiar with the area. I live a few miles away from the Marriott so I thought I'd share some "insider" tips. In this post I'll talk about places to eat.in my last post that the Lake Buena Vista\Westgate area of town is very touristy, and that also means there are a lot of chain restaurants and cheap buffets. If you're looking for something off the beaten path and less chain-restaurant check out these places in "downtown" Celebration, about 2.5 miles away from the Marriott:
- Cafe D'Antonio (Italian)
- Thai Thani (Thai)
- Celebration Town Tavern (American\New England)
- Seito Sushi (Sushi)
- Columbia Restaurant (Cuban)
- Shannon's of Celebration (Irish)
- Imperium Wine Room (Salads, Flatbreads, Paninis)
For drinks after the after-hours activities are over I highly recommend the Celebration Town Tavern, Shannon's, or Mulligan's Pub (all three in Celebration). Town Tavern has live entertainment every night, and if you're still in the area on Friday night they've got karaoke starting at 10 PM.
Outside of Celebration there's a few other places that I like that are close to SQLRally:
- Cafe' Tu Tu Tango (Tapas), 8625 International Drive
- Seasons 52 (Flatbreads, seasonal local fare), 7700 Sand Lake Road
- Bahama Breeze (Caribbean), 8735 Vineland Avenue
- Sweet Tomatoes (Salad, Soups, Flatbread), 12561 South Apopka-Vineland Road
In my next post I'll cover where you can go shopping in Orlando.