- Baton Rouge, LA – Aug 1
- South Florida (Miramar, FL) – Aug 8
- Redmond, WA – Oct 3
- Gainesville, GA (just north of Atlanta) – Oct 9 & 10
- East Iowa (Iowa City, IA) – Oct 10
- Orlando, FL – Oct 17
- Louisville, KY – Oct 24
Why go to a SQL Saturday? How about:
- FREE training – in additional to local presenters you'll get the chance to see pros like Steve Jones (Baton Rouge), Tim Mitchell (Baton Rouge), Michelle Ufford (East Iowa), and Andy Warren (South Florida). The speakers list isn't finalized for some of these events yet; folks like Brad McGehee and Joe Celko have been at past events so you never know what kind of talent you'll get the chance to learn from.
- FREE swag like books, shirts, software, and other fun stuff to barter with back at the office (or keep for yourself!)
- FREE food (depending on the event – some events ask for a minimal donation to cover lunch)
- An opportunity to build your professional network by meeting other SQL DBAs & developers in your area
These events are also a fantastic opportunity for you to jump into public speaking. SQL Saturday focuses on local speakers and many events are still looking for speakers. SQL Saturday is how I got my start in speaking and helped me gain the experience and confidence necessary to speak at the PASS summit coming this November. Speaking experience is also a great addition to your resume. I encourage you to consider answering the call for speakers if you're interested in advancing your career or even just giving back to the SQL community.
On a personal note, I'm scheduled to present three sessions at South Florida on Aug 8:
- Configuring SQL Access for the Web Developer\Admin
- Working With XML in SQL Server
- Transactional Replication: Beyond The Basics
We all know times are tough and many companies are cutting back on training budgets or cutting them out altogether. How can you argue with FREE training, swag, and food plus the chance to mix and mingle with other SQL professionals? Sign up for a SQL Saturday in your area today!