I recorded my first video presentation and demo using the screen recording and video editing software called Camtasia Studio for Windows.
It’s a great product that makes it easy to create videos that includes demos. They also have a nice list of tutorials.
They offer a fully functional 30-day trial. Here are my favorite features:
- Automatically zooms and pans
- Can have video of yourself
- Records your screen
- Formats for YouTube
- Adjusts from your screens resolution to the videos
- Easily edit out parts you don’t want
- Makes sounds louder and evens it out
- Can add pop-up words afterwards (callouts)
- Can pause recording, or save and come back later
You want to use a good microphone, and what I found works real well is Scosche Increased Dynamic Range Noise-Isolation Earphones with tapLINE II Remote and Mic.
You may want to make a few setting changes on your PC for improved recording: Go to Sound -> Recording -> Properties -> Levels -> FrontMic (100) and Microphone Boost (+20). Also check the boxes for Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation.