Here is the October 2012 version of my SQL Server 2008 Diagnostic Information Queries, with some minor tweaks and improvements to a number of the existing queries, and one new query. To go with it is an updated, blank 2008 results spreadsheet, where the tabs in the spreadsheet are labeled and in the same order as the queries. The idea is that you can run these queries one by one, click on the top left square of the results grid, and then right-click and select “Copy with Headers” to select and copy the results of the query and then paste them into the matching tab of the results spreadsheet.
These queries will work on both SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 (although some of them will only work on SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later). This is indicated in the instructions for each query.
I have removed three of the queries from the previous version, since they were somewhat redundant, and I have made some minor improvements to a number of the other queries.
You should be aware that both Query 46 and Query 49 could take some time to run, depending on the size of your database and the speed of your hardware and storage subsystem.