http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/dugi/2010/04/26/size-of-the-db-limit-has-changed/ Printed 2015/10/10 08:34AM
Size of the DB limit has changed...
The cool update from SQL Server 2008 R2 is the possibility from Express Edition that changed the database limit from 4GB to 10GB (wow). Yep, no more limit database size just to 4GB, I think this is very nice info for the small businesses and it is cool update. SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Editions is available for download inlcuding both 32-bit & 64-bit versions and it comes with some possibility for download:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Express Edition
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Expres with Management Tool >> inlcuding
grphical management tool SSMS ( SQL Server Management Tool)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Express with Advanced Services >> Including SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) for Express, powerful features for reporting, advanced text-base search capabilities etc.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Expres with Management Studio Expres >> including Management Studio Expres as an integrated environment for accessing, configuring, managaing, administering and developing all components of SQL Server Express.
System Requirements, Instructions, Additional Info, Files available to download, Related resources & other downloads for the Express Edition are:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Express Edition >>>
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Expres with Management Tool >>>
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Express with Advanced Services >>>
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Expres with Management Studio Expres >>>
According to these information and possibilities mentioned above, I think that the SQL Server 2008 R2 Express is very powerful tool and all things that it has are free!
For more new cool things that are included the SQL Server 2008 R2 new edition, you can check here.