I've also registered a domain and hosting service to keep this and any other projects or articles I might like to make available, but I also intend to keep publishing here as well.
When I make the addin available I will ask for donations. I might put up some recommended donations and would be interested to hear what people think would be reasonable. I was thinking something along the following lines:
- $0.00 AUD for developers, like myself, who want to use the source code to help them with their own SSMS addin creation. Developers don't get paid enough
- $0.00 AUD for academic, scientific or charitable institutions. These kinds of entities contribute to the good of the world. Their existence is payment enough and it would be an honour just to contribute to their efforts in some small way.
- $25.00 AUD for small businesses (excluding financial institutions), 1 - 5 developers
- $50.00 AUD for medium sized businesses (excluding financial institutions), 5-10 developers
- $100.00 AUD for large businesses, government or financial institutions. These kinds of entities are usually rolling in money.
Donations will, of course, be entirely optional for everyone.
Sound good? My host should make my domain available within the next day or so. I'll try to get a skeleton site up ASAP.