Task Factory is a software product created by Pragmatic Works. It provides many custom SSIS components which help developers creating SSIS packages become more efficient. And as we all know, when we are more efficient, we are more productive. In this nugget, I’m going to show you how to use the File Properties task to check to see if a file exists before attempting to load it into a SQL Server database.
Here are the key features and details from PragmaticWorks.com about this task:
Reads the properties of any file and stores property in variable. Many companies receive large data files from outside their organizations and run the risk of loading the file prematurely during transmission causing an SSIS failure. Our File Properties Task gives you the power to eliminate this problem by determining if the file is in use or transmitted before loading. The File Properties Task additionally saves drive space by identifying old files ready for archive.
- Used to read the properties of an existing file.
- Will read the properties like File Exists, File Size, File Name, File Content, Creation Time, Is File In Use, Hidden, ReadOnly and assign them to SSIS package level variables
- Easy to use User Interface
More Videos in this Series:
- Advanced Email and SMS Task
- File Properties task
- Terminator Destination
- Address Parse Transform
- Compression Task
- Data Cleansing Transform
- Data Validation Transform
- Email Source and Delete Email Task
- SFTP Task
- Surrogate Key Transform
And if you don’t already, please be sure to follow me on twitter at @briankmcdonald. Also note that you can subscribe to an RSS feed of my blogs or find me on LinkedIn, SQLBIGeek, SQLServerCentral or SQLServerPedia.