Task Factory is a software product created by Pragmatic Works. It provides many custom SSIS components which help developers creating SSIS packages become more efficient. And as we all know, when we are more efficient, we are more productive. In this nugget, I’m going to show you how to use the Data Validation Transform to verify that data is consistent before loading it into a database. I’ll also show you how to create a regular expression for a date value in integer format. For example, 9/3/2011 would be 20110903.
Here are the key features and details from PragmaticWorks.com about this task:
Acts as a gatekeeper for your data. Many companies receive questionable data from various sources, causing a myriad of production problems and inconsistent reporting. The Data Validation Transform verifies that your data is clean prior to insertion. Rows that are suspicious are flagged for later removal or additional business rules.
- Validates data from a source with the use of regular expressions
- Validates Email, Phone number, SSN and many other patterns
- Regular expression editor included as part of the UI
- Outputs the results of the data check in each row of the transform output.
- Easy to use User Interface
Check out this quick video to find out more.
More Videos in this Series:
- Advanced Email and SMS Task
- File Properties task
- Terminator Destination
- Address Parse Transform
- Compression Task
- Data Cleansing Transform
- Data Validation Transform
- Email Source and Delete Email Task
- SFTP Task
- Surrogate Key Transform
And if you don’t already, please be sure to follow me on twitter at @briankmcdonald. Also note that you can subscribe to an RSS feed of my blogs or find me on LinkedIn, SQLBIGeek, SQLServerCentral or SQLServerPedia.