Task Factory is a software product created by Pragmatic Works. It provides many custom SSIS components which help developers creating SSIS packages become more efficient. And as we all know, when we are more efficient, we are more productive. In this nugget, I’m going to show you how to use the Surrogate Key Transform to generate a new surrogate key while in the data flow.
Here are the key features and details from PragmaticWorks.com about this task:
- Adds an identifier column to a data flow used to uniquely identify a row. This is useful if your data source does not contain an identifier or you simply want to add a row counter to your data flow.
- Allows the use of a variable to determine seed and increment
Check out this quick video to find out more.
More Videos in this Series:
- Advanced Email and SMS Task
- File Properties task
- Terminator Destination
- Address Parse Transform
- Compression Task
- Data Cleansing Transform
- Data Validation Transform
- Email Source and Delete Email Task
- SFTP Task
- Surrogate Key Transform
And if you don’t already, please be sure to follow me on twitter at @briankmcdonald. Also note that you can subscribe to an RSS feed of my blogs or find me on LinkedIn, SQLBIGeek, SQLServerCentral or SQLServerPedia.