First and foremost, I would like to send a sincere thank you to everyone who voted for my Reporting Services Boot Camp session for SQL Rally. And in case you haven't heard, I have won the category and will be presenting. There were a lot of great sessions submitted and I am honored that you (the SQL Community) has voted for my session. I am so thankful for the opportunity and am looking forward to the event. Below is a list of the winning sessions for the BI Track:
- Administration: The BI DBA (Randy Dyess)
- Advanced SSIS: ETL Head-to-Head: T-SQL vs. SSIS (Tim Mitchell)
- Analytics: Performance Management Scorecards - Building a process to achieve top performance (Scott Schledwitz)
- Data Warehousing: Near Real-Time Data Warehouse (Patrick LeBlanc)
- Mining: Enterprise Data Mining for SQL Server Professionals (Mark Tabladillo)
- New Technology: New Reporting Features of SQL Server 2011 (Michael Davis)
- Sharepoint/PowerPivot: Business Intelligence with SharePoint 2010 and PowerPivot (Jen Underwood)
- SSAS/MDX: Performance Tuning Analysis Services (Devin Knight)
- SSIS: Cool Tricks to Pull from your SSIS Hat (Julie Smith)
- SSRS: Reporting Services Boot Camp (Brian McDonald)
- Summit Spotlight: Data Visualizations in SSRS 2008 R2 (Stacia Misner)
- Summit Spotlight: Zero To OLAP Cubes in 60 Minutes (Adam Jorgensen)
As you can see, there are a lot of great sessions and awesome speakers. But don’t take my word for it! If you hurry up and register before April 12th and it is only $299. Where else can you get two days worth of training for that price? And don’t forget all of the Pre-Con sessions for only $199 more. Register for SQL Rally and be sure to come find me at the event. I love meeting new people and hearing how they are using SQL Server Business Intelligence tools in their environments.
Also, you can click here if you would like to see a complete listing of all of the sessions. If you don’t already, please be sure to follow me on twitter at @briankmcdonald. Also note that you can subscribe to an RSS feed of my blogs or find me at any of the below methods.
Thank you again for all who voted for my session. It truly means a lot to me!
Brian K. McDonald, MCDBA, MCSD
Business Intelligence Consultant – Pragmatic Works