The 6th Annual Jacksonville Code Camp is coming up fast. There are tons of great presenters slated to be here giving free training and demonstrations on the latest and greatest products out there. Below are some of the details about the event, what my presentation will be on and what you need to do to register for this great event. Don’t miss it unless you have become complacent in your IT career! If that is the case, at least tell your colleagues or other IT buddies about the event.
Details about Event
- What – 6th Annual Jacksonville Code Camp
- When – Saturday August 28th, 2010 (ALL DAY)
- Where – University of North Florida – 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville Florida 32246
- Cost – Completely FREE!!!
My Presentation – 2:45 PM Introduction to SQL Server Reporting Services
SQL Server Reporting Services is a fundamental part of Microsoft’s Business Intelligence suite of products which as its name suggests provides a centralized robust reporting solution for organizations. Using a familiar development environment we can create static and interactive reports that can be delivered to consumers in a variety of ways. In this introductory session, I will cover topics like:
- What is reporting services and what can it be used for?
- New Features included in 2008 R2
- Architectural Overview
- Demonstrations to cover the entire process of developing, deploying and rendering reports using the built in Report Manager and URL Access
For a complete session list, click here. Also, this event takes a ton of planning and help. If you would like to volunteer for the event, it would be greatly appreciated.
If you want more details please see the Jacksonville Code Camp website here.
I look forward to seeing you all next month!
Brian K. McDonald, MCDBA, MCSD
Business Intelligence Consultant – Pragmatic Works Consulting