This coming Wednesday I will be speaking for the PASS Professional Development virtual chapter. My talk will be on my career, how I got to where I am, and how I have developed the views I've developed with respect to the job, building yourself up in the profession, etc. What I cover:
- How my career has developed after almost 25 years in the industry.
- How setbacks forced me to rethink my plans for the future.
- How setbacks caused me to take a realistic evaluation of myself and my goals.
- How opportunities opened because of relationships.
- How seizing particular opportunities led to where I am today.
- The non-technical skills I recommend working on.
- Books that can help develop these skills.
- The technical skills, outside of database skills, I suggest picking up.
If you're interested, the presentation is at 1 PM Eastern on August 15th via LiveMeeting. You can attend via this link.