K. Brian Kelley - Databases, Infrastructure, and Security

IT Security, MySQL, Perl, SQL Server, and Windows technologies.

OFF-TOPIC: God is Still Good, Even as We Mourn

Kimberly and I went to the high risk doctor's office this morning for the ultrasound. Unfortunately, they realized very quickly that both children had passed away. There was no heartbeat. They suspect Twin-to-Twin Transfusion syndrome. We are in mourning and have begun the procedures to ensure Kimberly's health. Support from friends, family, our church, and the SQL community has been awesome. Thank you all. I'll close on this:

A Path of Sorrow

In memoriam of our twins.

We've walked this path before, You and I,
Where my heart was shredded and in despair.
But I will proclaim to all who will hear,
"God is good, even in these times of pain."

I remember the past. I remember the agony.
I remember facing an ended future.
There was nothing I could do but suffer,
Except trust and lean on You by faith.

I had tried it my way and I had failed.
There was nothing I could do to overcome.
And then You held me up and soothed me.
You spoke loving words of grace and mercy.

You delivered a miracle and You healed me.
You did what the doctors could not explain.
You restored my future I knew was lost.
And You gave me a hope I'll never lose.

Nothing happens outside of Your control.
And I know that even as I mourn deeply,
You stand beside me with Your arms around me.
You are here in the midst of my pain.

So I will praise You with every breath.
I will proclaim Your greatness to all.
For I've walked this path with You before.
And I see You're beside me yet again.

Comments

Posted by Brent Ozar on 30 October 2009

My prayers are with you and Kimberly.  I know your strength and conviction will sustain you in your time of need, and the rest of our hearts are heavy.  If there's anything the rest of us can do, rest assured that we'll all jump to your aid in whatever you need.  You're a great man in the community, and I'm sure you're just as great of a father and husband in times like these.

Posted by Tim Mitchell on 30 October 2009

Brian, I'm very sorry for your loss.  Prayers and best wishes to your family.

Posted by Karen Lopez on 30 October 2009

Brain and Kimberly -

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I can't imagine how you feel and wish that I could say or do something to help. Sending you and your family lots of love and strength, as much as I can.

Posted by Michelle Ufford on 30 October 2009

Brian, I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss.  My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Posted by Mike Walsh on 30 October 2009

Brian - What great truths you illustrate even in this darkest hour. He is a great God and you and Kimberly know that. That is a blessing for a time like this.

I thank you for sharing your pain with us so we can pray and mourn "beside" you. I also really thank you for sharing the promise of just one of the many blessings that come from a walk with Christ.

I am sure the entire community of your SQL Friends echo what Brent said, we are here for you guys.

Posted by kdevine on 30 October 2009

Brian, you had me in tears yesterday with your poem and today, I could hardly keep it together.  I am very sorry for your loss, I hope that the future brings some cheer back into your life...

Posted by Thomas LaRock on 30 October 2009

Brian,

I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss. We will keep your family in our thoughts.

Tom

Posted by Paul Nielsen on 30 October 2009

Hi Brian, I'm sorry for your loss. and yes, God is good. As you may know I lost my wife in 2002. My prayers are with you and your family. See you in Seattle.

-Paul

Posted by MarlonRibunal on 30 October 2009

My Prayers.

Psalm 119:76

Posted by Wesley Brown on 30 October 2009

I am at a loss for words. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Brian.

-wes

Posted by Jack Richins on 30 October 2009

My prayers are with you and your wife. My wife and I have lost children during pregnancy and it's always tough and it's always different. My heart goes out to you, but I also know God is with you and you family as well. Hang in there.

Posted by Raghuram (AJ) on 30 October 2009

Brian, I am so sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you & your family.

Posted by AjarnMark on 30 October 2009

My condolences and prayers are sent to you and your whole family, Brian.  You are a great example to many as you share and stand fast in your faith.

Posted by Andy Leonard on 30 October 2009

Brian,

I am sorry to hear this - condolences sir. Our family is praying for your family.

And, yet another beautiful psalm.

Andy

Posted by Blythe Morrow on 30 October 2009

Brian, this is terrible. I am so saddened by this news. Everyone here at PASS HQ is sending all of their strength to you and Kimberly. Please know that our hearts go out to you and yours

Blythe

Posted by jason brimhall on 30 October 2009

This is really unfortunate news.  Condolences to you and your family.  We hope your family recovers from this.

Posted by BuckWoody on 30 October 2009

Brian - our prayers go out to you and your wife. My sister passed away in the womb as well, and I know I'll see her again. Keep looking up, my friend, and know that you have a lot of folks that care deeply for you both.

Posted by Sankar Reddy on 30 October 2009

Very sorry to hear and our prayers are with you and your family.

Posted by Andrew Kelly on 30 October 2009

Just logged on and saw the bad news. I was very sorry to hear that and hope you and your family have a quick and healthy recovery in all aspects. Best wishes

Posted by Stuart R Ainsworth on 30 October 2009

Brian, I am so sorry; know that our prayers are with you and your family.

Stu

Posted by JohnMagnabosco on 30 October 2009

Brian, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Posted by Peter Shire on 1 November 2009

Brian, I was saddened to learn this news. My family will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

Peter

Posted by Anonymous on 2 November 2009

Pingback from  Cherishing My Children « The Goal Keeping DBA

Posted by sqlbelle on 2 November 2009

This is a very sad news. Please accept my condolences and prayers.

Posted by Jeff Moden on 3 November 2009

Terribly sad news, indeed.  My most sincere and deepest sympathy goes out to you and Kimberly, Brian.  Thank goodness Kimberly survived the ordeal.  Best wishes to you both.

Posted by Anonymous on 5 November 2009

Pingback from  Arturo Sandoval – A Recipe for Helping Cope with Loss « The Goal Keeping DBA