http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/ashishsharepointblog/2012/11/20/login-issues-with-wss-30-moss2007-sharepoint2010/ Printed 2014/12/22 07:25AM
Login issues with WSS 3.0 || Moss2007 || SharePoint2010
Sometime when we build a SharePoint server we can face issues with login. The login prompt keeps on asking password and no matter what I try, it is not letting me in.
You can follow the below step to get rid of this problem:
This solution I have found on TechNet website when I faced the same issue.
Method 1: Specify host names (Preferred method if NTLM authentication is desired)
To specify the host names that are mapped to the loopback address and can connect to Web sites on your computer, follow these steps: Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0
- Right-click MSV1_0, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
- Type BackConnectionHostNames, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click BackConnectionHostNames, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the host name or the host names for the sites that are on the local computer, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the IISAdmin service.
Method 2: Disable the loopback check (less-recommended method)
The second method is to disable the loopback check by setting the DisableLoopbackCheck registry key. To set theDisableLoopbackCheck registry key, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
- Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.
Sometime it ask for reboot and it is difficult in prod environment. you can follow this link to avoid reboot but on your risk.
Hope I was able to describe the content based on my knowledge and learning.
Feel free to Rate and provide feedback if you find post useful
Hope this help
Filed under: MOSS 2007, SharePoint2010, Window Server