I”m working with a client in Orlando that needs a manager for their data team, seems like a prime opportunity to reach out to my network! I’ve posted the job description below with the company information removed since I’m posting it to my blog. I can tell you that it’s a team of about 10, there are a LOT of servers, it’s a positive environment, and it’s a large company. I can also tell you the CIO is superb, someone I’ve known a long time and highly respect. I can’t post the salary range, but I know what it is and it’s not bad at all.
If you’re interested you can contact me via Twitter (@SQLAndy) or via email as Andy at this domain. If it seems like a potential fit I’ll introduce you to someone involved in the hiring process and let you take it from there. If I don’t know you well please include your LinkedIn URL when you contact me.
Orlando based company is searching for a Database Manager. The Database Manager will manage and direct the database organization. The candidate must be able to manage a staff in the full software development lifecycle in the development and support of new features, functions and capabilities. The candidate must be able to provide project oversight, workload estimations, management of timelines, resource planning and budget management (forecast to actual).
- Mentors staff in the use of the databases and database information.Assists with hiring and retaining qualified resources.
- Performs reviews in a timely fashion.
- Develops yearly training plans for the staff.
- Provides ongoing staff support as issues arise.
- Designs and prepare reports based on management requirements.
- Maintains software and hardware to perform to the required standards. This includes building roadmap(s) for the database infrastructure.
- Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage,modification or disclosure.
- Interacts with other teams,internal and external, as part of the problem resolution process.
- Facilitates the completion of assignments by resources across teams.
- Assists planning via different development methodologies.
- Provides guidance and direction for key areas of responsibility for the team to insure strategic alignment with company objectives.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures required change or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Reviews project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Reviews procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- Establishes and grows strategic relationships by attending meetings, forums, conferences, etc.
- Develops and implements performance based statistics and metrics.
- Bachelor”s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science, Business, or equivalent years of experience and training.
- Minimum 7 years as a technical professional.
- Minimum 10 years of technical work experience in roles with progressive responsibilities.
- Minimum 5 years management or supervision of database organization
- Minimum 3 years of managing large IT technology initiatives
- At least 7 years in development of enterprise-wide initiatives, including Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database technologies
- Familiarity with Oracle and Microsoft environments
- Demonstrates experience in leading software initiatives that cross teams, platforms and technologies
- Experience with large 24×7 production IT operations
- Hospitality industry IT is a plus