Where Do You Look on the Internet for SQL Server Jobs?

I recently had a SQL Server DBA write to me that they were going to be laid off, and they asked me if I had any special insight into what are the best websites to look for SQL Server-related jobs. I haven’t looked for a SQL Server job in a long time, so I didn’t have any good suggestions based on personal experience.

So let’s help out this person. Based on your personal experience, what job websites do you recommend when searching for a new SQL Server-related job?

Comments

Posted by Steve Jones on 25 February 2010

For me, I've looked on Dice/Monster quite often, and then used local recruiters as well.

www.justsqlserverjobs.com is another one that I've checked.

Posted by Tommy Bollhofer on 25 February 2010

LinkedIn Jobs (http://www.linkedin.com/jobs) is another good resource I’ve used in the past.

Posted by Jerry Hung on 25 February 2010

In Canada, it's mostly

Workopolis.ca

Monster.ca

but I like www.eluta.ca as it searches all for you

Posted by Acai Berry Diet on 26 February 2010

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

Posted by Hugo Shebbeare on 26 February 2010

Jerry's right for Canada's market.

If you are looking for a flood of demands on the East Coast of the USA - Dice.com seems to be a great one also.

Mind you, even Craig's list had Mid-town Manhatten DBA jobs up - so look everywhere :)

Posted by Robert Pearl on 26 February 2010

All these sites and suggestions are great!  Dice is focused on the technology sector, Monster is good.  Here are a few more, and then an aggrator that covers them all:

Careerbuilder.com

HotJobs.com

TheLadders.com (100K+ - subscription necessary to apply to jobs - but many times the others have the listings).

The ultimate is INDEED.COM - they search and return listings from all the above sites and more based on your search criteria.  Happy job-search!

- Robert Pearl