Starting Wednesday, December 9, 2009, I am on vacation until Monday, January 4th, 2010. Instead of traveling somewhere else for my vacation, I will be staying home in Hawaii, catching up after a busy year of travel.
I was just compiling my travel statistics for the year, and this is what I discovered (somewhat to my amazement):
- I attended 7 major conferences.
- I traveled to Cambridge, England (to visit with my co-workers at Red Gate Software), 2 times.
- I made 33 public presentations, speaking to 1,853 attendees.
- I gave presentations in 21 different cities.
- I gave presentations in 6 different countries.
- I traveled just over 135,000 miles by air; I didn’t keep track of rental car miles.
- I traveled 125 days,which included staying overnight at hotels, private homes, and in airplanes.
I knew I had traveled a lot, but I hadn’t realized that I was on the road for 125 days, a record for me. I am already planning my travel for 2010, and I think I will try to reduce my traveling, although it will certainly still be a busy travel year.