SQLBits a Smashing Success

SQLBits IV was held in Manchester, England, Saturday March 28th, 2009, and was attended by more than 360 attendees. This free SQL Server event is the largest of its kind in Europe. It included 28 sessions by 28 different speakers. Below are a few photographs from the event.

Simon Sabin, SQL Server MVP and event organizer, welcomes attendees to SQLBits.

Simon Sabin speaks on SQL Server performance tuning.

Brad M McGehee presents a session on database maintenance.

AndrĂ¡s Belokosztolszki presents a session on SQL Server internals.

SQLBits was held at Manchester Metropolitan University,

Theo Spears, (at left) helps out at the Red Gate booth.

Comments

Posted by Anonymous on 30 March 2009

I would like to thank everyone that turned up on Saturday to make SQLBits IV the biggest SQLBits so far

Posted by Anonymous on 30 March 2009

Posted by mazzz on 30 March 2009

Well I must say I never expected a photo I've taken to end upon SSC (Brad's presentation)!

From an attendee's point of view, it was most certainly a cracking event

Maria

Posted by Daniel on 30 March 2009

Was a brillant event, very interesting and newcastle brown after what more could you want.

Posted by Thomas Pullen on 30 March 2009

Nice pics Brad. I felt for you when that bulb failed during your slot - you coped admirably!

Posted by David.Poole on 30 March 2009

I wish I could have been in two (or three) places at once.  There were more interesting sessions than there was time to attend them.

The only downside to the day was one or two technical faults and the fact that the Geoff Manton building is the ONLY Manchester University Building that does not show up on the campus map.

Thank God for Google earth, no matter what the luddites say.

Posted by Richard Douglas on 31 March 2009

A big thank you to everyone who made this possible, as it was my first conference I was a bit worried about attending especially as i didn't know anyone, but everyone I met was very friendly and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

The sessions were very good, it would have been nice if they were a little longer say 90 mins instead of an hour, but I realise that this would have meant a smaller amount of sessions available. I really could have listened to some of the speakers all day.

As Thomas said, it was a shame about the bulb but you did cope well and I picked up some useful tips. I hope the weather in Manchester hasn't put you off coming back to England to do some more conferences!

Rich