CAMBRIDGE, UK, June 23, 2010 – Finalists for the Exceptional DBA of 2010 award have been selected and voting for the winner is open today through July 23, 2010 at www.exceptionaldba.com.
The annual awards program, hosted by SQL Server Central and sponsored by Red Gate Software, recognizes database administrators for extraordinary service to their employers, the SQL Server community, and the IT industry at large.
Six finalists instead of the normal five were named this year, reflecting the high quality of nominations:
- John Burnette of Fidelity Information Services
- Tracy Hamlin of Carefusion
- Jonathan Kehayias of Tampa General Hospital
- Ted Krueger of Pharmedium Services
- Kevan Riley of Destinology
- Jorge Segarra of University Community Hospital
Finalist information is available on the Exceptional DBA Awards web site.
“The quality of the nominations was superb, as demonstrated by how difficult it was to select the finalists,” says Josef Richberg of HarperCollins, Exceptional DBA of 2009 and a judge for this year’s awards. “All the entries, but especially those of the finalists, defined what it means to be exceptional.”