Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Report data Model on VS 2010 and 2012
- hi all,
I ave one question...I saw that in BIDS we had a Report Data Model on Visual studio 2008. after...
SSRS - DateTime parameter issue
- I have deployed a report which has DateTime parameter on sharepoint server. The server is located in india. When i...
Complex and weird requirement : multi-customers Datawarehouse
We have a project of having a kind of premade-standard-retailler-datawarehouse in the Cloud (hosted on a SQL Server somewhere,...
SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER
- I have created an SSIS package to copy the data from an Oracle database to SQL Server 2005. the package...
- hello experts,
i executed DBCC CHECKDB command on my 600 GB database and got below error message.
"found 1 allocation errors and...
Time out Expired
- i am using CTE in following ways
select * from xx
select * from test inner join CTE1 CT on test.id=CT.id
DTSX Variable Issue, can't distinquish between "42" and "00"
- Correction to the title... Can't distinguish between "42" and "IM"
I have a For Loop that iterates through text files and...
SP for inserting max(eid)+1 no for all fields
- tableA has eid field which stores the last eid value from tableB when records are added
in tableB records are saved...
how to write expression for Derived Column transform
- I need to filter out all records as follows:
[Month 01] is null and
[Month 02] is null and
no matter how large the destination column eg. nvarchar(max), excel source choke on column
- I'm using VS2010 BIDS, importing from Excel 97-2003 .xls worksheet. I've got the following config:
Excel Source -> Conversion Split Transform...
Problems with excel 2007 import using SSIS 2005
I am trying to import data from excel 2007 into my sql server 2005 database using SSIS 2005. SSIS 2005...
How to create a repeatable +ve integer from a nvarchar?
I need to create an id from a nvarchar value that is repeatable, sort of like a checksum or...
Emailing in HTML
- Hi All,
I am trying to format an auto-generated email from SQL into HTML, i've sussed a bit of it...
Maintaining a 2nd DB y
- Hi all,
We keep an offsite copy of a live DB. We currently refresh thus;
1) Back up the ENTIRE live...
Changes the database which specified spid context to the specified database
I want changes the database which specified spid context to the specified database
A spid:53, current database :test
B spid:54, current...
attempting to recreate complex "multi-layer" Access queries in SSMS
- Please excuse me if Im not usung the right terminology.
I am a SQL Server newbie and have a basic...
- Table Value Constructors.... I've been trying to do some research and some tests and I haven't come across anything that...
How to output multiple columns one column depending on its values
Hi, I have a table where I have amount and rank columns.
It is basically an approval workflow. there can be...
linked server issue
I have setup a linked server between SQL Server 2008 R2 and MAS90 server and I am able to...
How to get the list of tables that has specific column name from linked server, available in SQL SERVER 2008 R2
I have an access to oracle linked server called [oracleLS]
it is there under the SERVER OBJECT => LINKED SERVER =>...
Error converting Varchar to Float
- Hi All,
I am trying to use the query below but receive the error message
"Msg 8114, Level 16, State 5,...
prevent simultaneous update
I have a table where multiple Agents can assign tasks to themselves. So I basically pull the minimum TaskId which...
Profiler shows long duration for sp but actually it is not
I have a sp which is timing out on my website. When i run a trace on it, duration comes...
SQL Server Transactional Replication
- We did a performance audit on the system and the reports revealed we should change the Clustered index (the primary...
Certification Question: You need to ensure the successful recovery of any single database from a catastrophic failure without requiring backup data center in a different location
- You need to ensure the successful recovery of any single database from a catastrophic failure without requiring backup data center...
Service Broker Question - End Conversation command
- Does "END CONVERSATION" send a message back to the actual queues?
The reason I'm asking is due to some code I've...
Transposing a table from multicolumn to key-value
- I have a transactional table with 100+ columns and each row is uniquely identified by an id column. For a...
Division problem in SQL
- Hello All,
Can anyone please explain why do we always get 0 when we divide 1 by any other larger number.
How to copy new records and updated records from a database table in local server to database table of remote server
I am having locla server and remote server.
In the local server ,i have database table which is inserted,updated regularly.There is...
Calculate Page number
- I have a table that I need to return with a dynamically calculated page number. The number of items on...
How can we find the Null values on indexed columns from all tables in SQL Server.
Please help me on finding the Null values on indexed columns from all tables in SQL Server.
I need a SQL...
SSIS Derived Columns
- I am new to SSIS. There is a data flow task for a derived column. I want to have a...
Transaction replication has many undistributed commands, but tracer token arrives immediately.
- hi i have sql server 2008 R2 with transactional replication. In general this replicated database that normally performs very well,...
sql server transactional Replication
- We are running SQL Server Transactional Replication and we selected a few tables to be replicated. One of the tables...
Issue while joining two tables with no unique columns
- I have two tables with no common columns:
Fizz Buzz interview questions for phone screens?
- We're trying to find basic SQL interview questions where the candidate can answer over the phone. There are surprisingly a...
Querying sys.dm_db_partition_stats instead of sys.sp_spaceused
- We have a daily process that saves into a table the storage info returned by the SP, but it's procedural,...
Performace issue while updating records and trigger on table
- Hi All,
I am having a performance issue while updating records into sql server table,
I have created below trigger to update...
Using the same partition function and scheme for multiple tables
- I have a database where most of the tables have an integer field say "SetId" denoting a batch of data.
DROP PK on highly called big table
I have a table with 80 million records with PK on an int column. A service selects data from this...
how to archive data based on on archive it self?
I have an archive tabel in Oracle. We copy this to a ms sql 2008 r2 database for datawarehouse purpose.
Google Analytics SQL Import
- Hi All
I was just wondering if anyone has ever done a Google Analytics import to SQL via SSIS?
A quick google...
read registry w/o sysadmin, is it possible?
- Hi, in my SQL Server 2008 EE SP1 environment, one of the application needs to use xp_instance_regread for reading registry...
Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created
I am trying to install SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition x64 on a Windows Server 2008 VM. I run the...
Query if ANY record between specific time
- So, say I have a record where [i]StartTime[/i] is [b]'2013-06-07 13:00:00.000' [/b]and [i]EndTime[/i] is [b]'2013-06-07 13:02:00.000'[/b]
Is there a way to...
Case statement with subquery
- I have a CASE statement with a subquery that works most of the time but if the subquery comes back...
Money not accepted a datatype
- I have the following:
DECLARE BalanceDue money, ktr int
but I get a red underline under "money" and the message I get...
Primary Key Violation when inserting records in table
- I have stored procedure which inserting records in two table.both table have primary key and when i am running that...
- I need to add time to a value. The value is stored as char(4) - example '0630'.
I know to use the...
help getting return of function and loop into stored proc
I have a tricky issue I am struggly with on a mental level.
In our db we have a table showing...
- Hi Guys,
Any Ideas what the best way would be to perform this update?
SET Track_ID = P.Track_ID,
Territory_ID = P.Territory_ID,
Major = P.Major
FROM Staging.Track_Mapping P
INNER JOIN Staging.Track_Play D
ON P.ISRC = D.ISRC_Code
AND P.Event_Date = D.Event_Date
update for My table?
- Hai friends,
my table structure is
create table journey
journey_id int identity,
insert into journey '2013-05-10','chennai','Mumbai','Air','Business','2'
how to write...
truncate error - foreign key and check constraints
could not truncate table due to FK constraints
[code="sql"]/****** Object: Table [dbo].[DiagHistory] Script Date: 06/07/2013 10:49:16 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
Creating hierarchical metadata based on DMVs or system tables
- I have a requirement to archive & purge my OLTP data. The database is a tightly defined relational database with Primary...
Running a DELETE Stored Proc but finding degradation in Performance in WHILE loop iterations increase
- 1st time/long time,
Quick question in general. I have a table i'm trying to purge a table. i'm deleting using a...
Forcing a row to be related to at least another row
I need to implement this:
A row in table A must be in relationship with [b]at least one[/b] row in table...
Combine columns into One with Delimiter
- I have the following:
Create table Table_1
[col1] varchar(10) null,
[col2] varchar(10) null,
Insert Table_1(col1, col2)
select rtrim(isnull(col1+'/',''))+rtrim(isnull(col2+'','')) as firsttry from Table_1
APPLY versus ROW_NUMBER versus double JOIN to retrieve most recent record from a foreign key table
- I've been mulling over this for a while, and there's something about using the APPLY function (OUTER APPLY in this...
slowly changing dimension?
- Hi everyone.
I've got to figure out whose games scores changed the least over time. I've created DDL to illustrate
- Hi ,
What would be the best way to dynamically self join a table to create the example contained with the...
theoritical size of an index
- I have an index occupying almost 77 GB space on the drive which is 70 percent fragmented. I am trying...
Importing/formatting MYSQL time date into SQL as char
- i have created a view in MYSQL which is imported into SQL Server. The originating MYSQL table column definition i...
Inline Table Valued Function
- Hi, I would like some help with my first inline table valued function,
I have to create one that builds a...
SQL commands to learn
- Can anybody recommend a good online guide to SQL commands? Or at least a list of the ones I should...
Calculating Sales History for Months/Years
- I have a table -
TrnDate, TrnYear, TrnMonth, StockCode, InvoiceQty
The TrnYear and TrnMonth are the Financial Periods and dont always tie...
get lookup data
- I have two tables, lets say Table 1 and Table 2 as below
Col1 Col2 Col3
1 _A 11
2 _B 12
Recovery Model - SIMPLE V/S FULL
If we having Full backup every night but it's set up FULL Recovery model, I have a question that if...
Large scale Transactional replication solution (1200+ Pub & Subs)
- So I have been working on a large scale replication project that has suddenly come to a standstill and I’m...
Please Please help me- upgrading to sql 2008 R2 enterprise edition from sql standard edition on SQL Failover Cluster
- I'm currently looking into the possibility of configuring a 2008 R2 failover cluster for my organisation. I'm curious as to...
In Logshipping, Restore job is using the full backup and restoring every time and not taking the t-logs
- hi experts,
I have two servers, one is primary and another is secondary. i have created backup and copy job at...
Logshipping Configuration error:3201
- [b]Hi am configuring Logshipping on SQL Server 2008 R2 servers,
my primary and secondary both servers are same editions and...
Load on publisher in case of PUSH replication
- Suppose we have distributor configured separate than publisher. And we are using PUSH method for transactional replication. Then what will...
Need to install ssqlserver service pack sp4 in a cluster server
- Need to install sqlserver service pack sp4 in a cluster server
1.what are the pre-requesties i have to follow
Any Tool / Application to read SQL Server Database Fragramentation ?
- Hi I was wondering does anyone know of any tools that are available for SQL Server 2008 R2 to see...
IP Address Doesnt turn from offline to online
Hi I got a problem, I think it is a little bit weird kind of problem, I haven't find anything...
Restore backup on lower version
Is any one know to restore backup of 2008 R2 on 2008 (higher to lower)?
Thanks in advance.
Dead lock problem
- i am trouble shooting one dead lock problem on SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 which is weird for me i...
SQL Server Version upgrade, Production DB's Left in Previous Version Compatibility
- Hi guys,
I was just wondering if it is safe to permanently run a production database in a newer version of...
Access to Snapshot only
- I want to give a group of users access to run select queries on a database snapshot but not the...
Serious problems to run SSIS packages from Sql Server 2012 64 bit platform against Oracle 10.2g database over ODBC.
(the same is attached in rtf doc if better)
Any help would be appreciated, I've run out of time and ideas...next...
Counting weekdays within a date range and grouping them by month
- Hi Folks,
I was hoping I can get some help and your expertise on below reuirement.
I have this data where first...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Move Report Designer (rdl) to Report Service (rdl)
- Can I take a rdl/txt file from Report Designer (2.0) And try to upload it to Reporting Service ? Do I...
Interview Questions for a Jr. Level SSRS Report Developer
- Hey guys! First, I apologize if this is an inappropriate question for this subforum, but I could use some advice....
SSRS CustomReportItem deploying issue.
- We have a custom report developed in 2005 item that works fine in design and preview mode while in Visual...
Client side function error
- I am trying to add a function to a subreport but continually get the error 'subreport could not be shown'.
- I have the following query:
SELECT Sales_Intrastat.SalesID, Sales_Intrastat.Year, Sales_Intrastat.Period, Sales_Intrastat.Sales, Sales_Intrastat.CostOfSales, InstrastatCustomers.Depot,
InstrastatCustomers.AccountName, InstrastatCustomers.CountryCode, InstrastatCustomers.AccountNumber, CountryCode.Description,
Jasper Smith's SSRS Scripter
- Anyone happen to have this tool handy? I used in the past to successfully migrate a 2005 SSRS instance to...
SSRS Error: Failure sending mail: The report server has encountered a configuration error. Mail will not be resent
- Hi All,
I have been trying to send ssrs report to users via email and i followed all the rules like...
Log ship to local db for ETL source data
- I'm using log shipping to maintain a failover copy of my main db on a secondary server. I'd like to...