Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Maint job fails with "error cannot drop statistics _W_Sys_xxx.." .........
One of our weekly maintenance job which was running fine failed last 2-3 times. In the log we see the...
Truncate log for Mirrored Database
I am running Mirroring on my Database. Log file for my database growing day by day on Principal server. Recovery...
SELECT FROM OpenXML not returning any data
- I have the following challenge.
I would like to parse XML data into a relational table.
<NSTRoot xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://volvo.com/vss/4_0/v1_0">
- i have a large xml file
one of my queries looks like:
FROM XmlTable CROSS APPLY...
Stored Proc with temp table issue.
- Hi everyone.
I understand that this topic was covered several times on this forum, but I can't seem to find ones...
Derived Column to handled mulitple conditions in CASE statement?
- HI, I've got a case statement that works, but because I have to do it in SSIS I am at...
SSIS by using SP with multiple result sets
We have an SP which is developed to give us two result sets based on selection. I want to...
OPENROWSET() Intermittently Fails to Read Excel File
- I've had this problem a number of times: every so often, I receive errors like this when trying to query...
Can't access data from database restored from backup if not sysadmin
- Hi everybody! I need some help please:
- I'm creating a .bak file from a remote sql server 2005 express database.
Curious Case of .. Syntax Error. Or may be not?
- Not sure- to laugh or cry ?:-)
I created small SP to rebuild/reorganize indexes on sql server (2008 R2) DBs (only...
Fragmentation accuracy? 98% fragmented?!!
- Hi guys,
Today/2am this morning I received my first call out (yay!) for a terrible server I hadn't heard of before....
Is there any book in market on major/common SQL Server 2005/2008 errors and its possible solutions ?
Is there any book in market on major/common SQL Server 2005/2008 errors and it's possible solutions ?
Just curious to know.
Decimal(18,0) or int?
I have a column of data type decimal(18,0) can i change it to Int
for the above case whether...
Need to get list of sprocs for a list of tables
I need to create a report with all jobs that run to populate the tables that failed and then...
SQL Server can't connect to database
- I downloaded file SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe (version 10.00.1600.22), and used it to install SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services, which I...
Currently my t-log size is 3 GB and 87% is available free space. I take regular log backup and full...
snapshot agent is not running
Friends I am working on sql server 2008 r2 and I want to replicate data by using snapshot replication, when...
Why would you ever use EXECUTE AS CALLER?
- Since it is the default, I don't understand what the point of this option would be.
Which is faster, Sub Query or Join? and Why ?
- Hi Friends,
I'm new to SQL.
And I wand to know Which is faster, Sub Query or Join? and Why ?
Automatically inserts into the database on a specific day
- Hello everyone,
I have database with about 20 tables,and some of them must be populate automatically.. So , on specific day that...
Confused selecting Info From Two DB
- i have two database AgencyDB(primary DB) and AgencyBackupDB(Deleted Info from AgencyDB by user) and i have this three table in...
Trigger for truncate
Can we simulate a truncate trigger? what i need is from which host, who,when truncated a table even if he/she...
- Hi all, hope in your help.
This is my table:
| id | field1 | field2 |
| 1 | A1 | 7 |
| 2 | B1 | 9 |
| 3 | C1...
Where do views and indexed views reside? In memory or tempdb?
- Do materialized views and indexed views exist in tempdb or the buffer, correct? They could be in the buffer if...
Having backup problems, and unable to change service accounts...
- Two problems, possibly related, both giving me heartburn as I'm going away for 2 weeks and don't want to leave...
Mirroring Vs Log shipping
- I had Implemented Mirroring and Log shipping but server team Exact utilization of network bandwidth.
Log shipping can scheduled on time...
tempdb getting full
- My tempdb is getting full within 2 hours , there are some executing SP that are using temporary tables, cursors and...
Id like to take this exam and looking for some good prep.. My T-SQL skills are basic at present...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
SSISDB Project Deployment Model
- I have an SSIS project solution which I have deployed from our development server to a SSISB Catalog on our...
Has anybody had any experience with representing the customer journey (funnel/loyalty levels) as part of a dimensional model? Would...
MDX ParallelPeriod Function - HELP
- Hi to all.
I have a calculated measure in one of my cubes.
This is named DELTA SALES AMOUNT
It calculates [b]Parallelperiod[/b] about...
Recommend a good mdx primer
- I've been trying to find a good primer for mdx that I can sit down and learn the basics but...