Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
How to find the time required to complete for a query which is currently running...
I have a query which is currently running..
Is there a way to find how much more time it will...
BEFORE TRIGGER issue
- I know that we don't have access to a MySQL BEFORE trigger but I have a strange issue that I...
how to check if a user is an admin or is a guest?
i want to specify if my user is a member of administrator or it is a guest. how can i...
I would REALLY like some fast help with this problem!
- [font="Times New Roman"][size="4"][b][center]I would really like some help with this annoying longlasting problem[/center][/b]
[b]So i have built my own computer, and...
- Hi - Can anbody advise me on the following:
I am using red gates sql monitor and every night during the nightly...
Weird grouping problem thats driving my mad!
- Can somone help me with the following grouping problem?
I have a process which produced a table like the below:
Update Values on one table based on another table - TRIGGER ???
I'm already sorry (especially if Sean is answering again) ... I am quite new to this whole posting stuff, but I...
Sending Multiple Independent Messages to Multiple Users
- I have confusion regarding how to [b]send multiple messages to multiple users at the same time[u][/u][/b] at periodic intervals(weekly basis...
Find the second comma
I have a String='A,B,C'.
I want to find A, B, C individually using substing function. There may be 3 select statements....
Date Format Problem with SQL SERVER ENGLISH VERSION
- Please, I have installed SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Standard Edition English Language. The Collation of the server is : French_CI_AS. I...
SQL Condition for SSRS multi select parameters
- Hi All,
I can't figure out the best way to implement this..so here is my simplified table:
declare @tbl table(Id int identity...
I know which *file* is being hammered -- how do I find out *who* is doing the hammering?
- I have a production SharePoint system with about 100 databases, it just got really slow, users are complaining a lot.
What is a semicolon used for in SQL Server?
- Hello All,
I have a co worker that uses the semicolon at the end of his SQL statements like
Select * From Table1(nolock)...
How to install an oracle linked server on SQL Server 2008 r2 failover cluster manager
- How to install an oracle linked server on SQL Server 2008 r2 failover cluster manager
I'm reading some articles and applying...
Extracting files from "binary" stored in TEXT datatype
- I've been asked to look into extracting files (mostly jpg or pdf) from a database where the files are stored...
Writing to local variable from CTE
- Can I write to a local variable from inside a CTE?
I am trying to get a comma delimited string of...
Whats wrong with it, Transaction mismatch.. Please help.
- IF OBJECT_ID('test_parent_table') IS NOT NULL
DROP TABLE test_parent_table
CREATE TABLE test_parent_table
( id INT,
IF OBJECT_ID('DataError') IS NOT NULL
DROP TABLE DataError
CREATE TABLE DataError
( ErrorNo INT,
IF OBJECT_ID('ThrowError') IS NOT...
Trying to copy database from my laptop to my desktop pc
- Hi, as you can tell i am a nube here. I am trying to copy SQL database established locally on...
Creating a hierarchy group from one table column containing both parent and child hierarchy info
I need help creating a hierarchy group 'using' the data in [b]Event_Role[/b] column in my sample table to create a...
Where to locate the Witness server when using Mirroring for DR
I am looking into setting up mirroring for DR purposes. What I want to know is the correct location for...
Mirroring failover : SQL Server 2008 R2
- We use database mirroring ( high safety) for our HA needs.
Our application uses db_datareader & db_datawriter role for running the applications.
Moving from Standalone to clustered SQL
- Hi -
We have a standalone SQL box that we need to migrate all the DBs to a new clusted environment...
ABET Program Evaluators Needed
- Hi All,
I have been asked to help recruit new IT/IS/CS Program Evaluator (PEV) for ABET ([url=http:www.abet.org]http:www.abet.org[/url]); the basic duty...
How can I attract Senior Database Administrator candidates?
- I have a few full-time DBA positions open on my team, one of which is for a Sr. DBA. We...
SSRS ODBC Connectivity
I have create a ODBC connection for Sybase Db and Develop my RDL file. Its working fine when I am...
SSRS Table reporting
- Hi there,
Anyone can tell me how to fix this table?
I have a full range of data - breakdown by product, then...
Permission by department manager from single report to view.
We are using SSRS 2005 and I have a report I want to give access to 5 different managers the...
I'd appreciate if you guys help me with my problem in a matrix. In the following SSRS 2008 matrix, notice...
SSIS Package to remove leading 0's
- Hey Everyone, :-)
I am creating an SSIS package and having some issues removing leading 0's from a field. I cannot...