Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Login Failed error (Linked server)
- I am trying to access data through linked server by following query
select * from [Servername].dbname.schema.view_name
and my schema is not dbo.
Maintenance Plans - Modify does not work !?
- Hi all,
I have created several Maintenance Plans in the past - I now want to modify one of them .....
Stuck with this update statement
I have a update statement which is killing my PLE( Page Life expectancy), it is dropping from 4000 to 120....
Log shipping 2k5 file retention issue - the files are not being deleted.
- The issue I have is with the file retention of the .trn logs in my log shipping drive.
- Hi All
Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition - 32bit
SQL 2005 Standard Edition - 32Bit
PAE has been enabled
Server has 16GB of ram installed and 8GB...
Safenet encryption: queries return null
- Something about our production sql cluster is preventing the initial setup for Safenet encryption. The device sends sql to our...
- I have a supplier who insists on having two jobs that every couple of hours change the Max Memory setting...
- Hi All,
I am trying to back up 6 Databases with the total of 108GB combined, all the databases are in...
Redgate Differential Backup and Restore
- I've recently taken over database duties and am trying to learn as I go. Our company uses Redgate 6.5 for...
Back up scripts
- Hi guyz! I want to create scripts that can do a backup on a database on regular basis. How can...
SSAS Calendar Week commencing with split at month
Wonder if someone can help.
Our CFO wants to see a cube calendar that shows week commencing but stops at...
Career on MS BI
- Hi Everyone
I'm planning to take up MS BI training. I possess the knowledge of SQL DBA and working as a...
i am newbie to Andorid development .. suggest me good material to this journey
Creating XML file using Excel Data
- I need to create an XML file populated by data from a CSV file.
I have the following XMLSchema template:
A way to auto disconnect all connections to a database in SQLsrv2005? And self intro
I am new to the forums.
Thank you for having me.
I have provided some bio info in my profile for those...
PROFILER - Trace Templates that include Groups
- Does anyone know if it is possible to save to template a Trace file that includes 1 or more GROUP...
Alter schema statement - Incorrect syntax near '\'.
- I am trying to use the alter schema statement on a table with this name:
with this statement
ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER...
How do I limit user access to certain time of day
- We have a group of queries that we want to limit to run off peak hours to stop from bogging...
CPUs and SQL Server
I have a server running an instance of SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2012 (both standard editions).
The server has...
SSIS and MIMER
I have to copy some data on a nightly bassis from a MIMER database hosted on a UNIX platform....
How to read data in a pdf file in SSIS
- I was wondering if any body had a situation where data needs to be extracted from pdf files and exported...
Exporting Multiple SSIS packages from MSDB
- If we need to export a package from MSDB into the file system we can do it using the SQL...
Can a CURSOR be populated by firing a stored procedure?
- The subject says it all. Can I do this?
DECLARE Test AS CURSOR LOCAL FOR
FETCH Next FROM Test...
Data transfer while dynamic increment of duplicate values.
I have to insert data from one table to another in SQL 2005 (destination having lesser but the same name...
compare varchar dates
- I have a varchar column containing dates (not my design) with this format 2013-02-12
I need to extract records between two...
- Hi fellow developers. I am new to XQuery and have an issue. Based on the following XML I can't get...
Relationship between two tables (what is correct?)
- Hi, can someone help me with this basic doubt? "tnx in advance"
I have two tables (groups, rol), I need to...
CmdExec - Jobs
- Hi Everyone,
I'm using CmdExec to call VB Application to extract records. The application is running fine. But when I put...
SQL statement for new vs duplicate data
- I'm looking for a SQL statement that will output 'new vs duplicate' data on a monthly bases, but I can't...
SSIS Data flow failing
- I have a data flow that has been working for months. Starting this week it will transfer some of the...
Need some help generating an XMF file using SSIS
- Hi Guys,
I have a requirement to produce daily price files for transmition to our website hosting team who require a...
Adding license key though command prompt
- We have an eval version of Sql Server 2008 installed on one of our servers, and we want to add...
DB400 to SQL Server data extraction
- Hi all,
We have a DB400 (DB2 based AS400 platform) database and I'd like to pull data from it using SQL...
Maintenance Plan - Unable to Modify in SQL 2005 - However after upgrade it works !?
- Hi all,
I am using a Test and production envoironment - both were 2005 -
I have created several Maintenance Plans in the...
Cannot get to install SQL 2008 R2 on Windows 2003 x64
Error is: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Configuration.WizardFramework, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The module was...
Which Stored Sproc is causing Performance Issues
- I don't have a problem at the the mo. But was wandering after making a fairly large deployment of multiple...
Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005):
- heloo dear ..
i am facing this error from last 4 days ...... please give me solution .
Run-time error "-2147467259 (80004005):
i have maybe stupid question
why sometimes the SELECT use Noncluster index instead cluster index
I thought that still use PK...
if does not exist then insert row
- Hi Professionals.
I have two table which are identical apart from the data in them
lookuptable with columns
BEGIN TRY - Catch not working
- 1) Run job say TestJob
2) Now execute below Begin try - catch for already running job and you will see below...
DENY ALTER DATABASE (or something else) to db_owner?
- We have a number of databases that are now encrypted. Someone deployed a release to one of them and the...
How do I retrieve a value in a text column that has a XML
I have a table with a column "message" whose type is "TEXT".
The contents inside this column is XML.
Here is a...
SQL 2008 - File Group change
- Changing Primary filegroup to a new filegroup
1. Any negative impact i should cover before making the above move. It...
Excel 1 : Databases 0 - SME addicted to Excel!
- Hi folks,
I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall so figured I'd ask for some sage advice!...
find pairs of NULL records without resorting to CURSORS
create table #tmp
insert into #tmp (ref,date,time,seqno) values(34227664,'20130227',0,399850)
insert into #tmp (ref,date,time,seqno) values(34227664,'20130304',0,399860)
insert into #tmp (ref,date,time,seqno) values(34227664,'20130313',0,399870)
SQL Server 2008 R2 poor performance on VMWare
- We recently migrated our production server from a physical cluster environment to a VM environment, and ever since then the...
Error message during deletion
- Hi All,
I am trying to delete a record from a table using a stored procedure.While executing the SP i am...
Help with SQL Server backups slow ( backup performance slower than before after data purge)
- Hi everyone,
(searched SQL Central... I didn't find anything specific)
Wanted to get some ideas on solutions. I have a DB...
Need help rebuilding a SQL server with replicated databases
- We have a production SQL server in a virtualized environment and we need to move it to a physical server...
Insertion in table
This is the table structure and script below:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[GV_Booklet](
[BookletId] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[LeafCount] [nchar](10) NULL,
[Denomination] [int] NULL,
[VoucherTypeId] [int] NOT...
Has anyone used Data Domain storage for SQL 2008 backups?
- We are creating a Microsoft Failover Cluster with Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008. Our storage administrator would like...
Row Compression vs. Page compression
- Ok - trying to get a better understanding of when it's best to use Row compression vs. Page compression?
Query seems to be constrained by single core CPU in multiple core server - any suggestions?
- I receive data from an external data provider which comes in as a single large table. The data represents balance...
filtere index benefit
- i need to create a query on a table where the condition is such that we select the rows where...
Why XML Datatype present in SQL Server.
- Hi all experts,
Every now and then i am learning something new in SQL Server. Latest in that series is XML...
Syntax to call a function correct in one databse but not another? (both SQL 2008 R2)
- Hi All
I have a function that works in one database but not another. Both databases are SQL2008 R2 64bit.
LEFT and RIGHT of Delimiter
- I have a value that is '0111~Group Name' in a column called GROUP_NUM in a table called TEMP_TABLE
I need to...
- There is a heap like the one shown below:
CREATE TABLE Heap
[Column 0] NVARCHAR(100)
INSERT Heap ([Column 0])
VALUES ( '01...
GROUP BY question
- Morning all,
Could someone help me generate the following grouping please? Sample data plus expected output below:
Input Table: [b]SiteMatches[/b]
Expected Output: [b]SiteMatches_Output[/b]
- Hi, I have a scenario in which I am performing insertion on a table using a stored procedure. For every...
conversion of the varchar value overflowed an int column
- I have a stored procedure :
In this prcedure I am returning @pSTN value and used in another sp as output....
Possible to use tored proc to kill all queries running longer than 2 hours AND are blocking other queries
Is it possible to use a stored procedure to kill all queries running longer than 2 hours AND are blocking?...
is it possible to union all two CTEs?
- I have two CTEs sharing same column names and I need to combine their results into one result set.
Oracle Linked server randomly failing from sql agent job
- I have a number of jobs that fail because of a linked server message.
[code="other"]Executed as user: Domain\User. Cannot initialize the...
Queries for Multiple Databases
- I am trying to write a query that will search for databases created in the last week. Once I get...
SQL server as a back end for Access
- Looking for good and/or bad reasons to use SQL server as a back end component to access 2007 and use...
check if database exist before restore
i'm in the process of automating the database restore using powershell....
but before getting the default paths of data and log...
Ownership of cluster disk 'Cluster Disk xxx has been unexpectedly lost by this node.
- My Cluster went down again. I don't have to say... I am having a not so good morning already ... :-(
Restore of ReportServer and ReportServertempdb
- I have to convert a named instance to default instance before that i have taken backups of all databases including...
How to configure sql alert to mobile SMS
- We need to configure sql alert (SMS- short messaging service) (Log file full, and database down etc) to our on-call...
When DB restored to different server will database mapping and permissions stay?
- On Server A I have a database the is overwritten daily by a database on another server [Server B]
SQL Agent Jobs in SSDT
- I've got 2 SQL Agent jobs to deploy with a database, the whole lot being in a Sql Server Development...
XML.Value when it has attributes?
- Based on a forum post here, i'm having trouble reading XML when one of the elements has attributes, and was...
replace string in path using powershell
i'm trying to get the default sql server data and log file path using the below script...
$SqlConnection = New-Object System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection
$SqlCmd = New-Object...
crystal reports version 8 user guide
- I am looking for a Crystal Reports version 8 user guide. I have done an exhaustive google search with no...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
SSRS Report breaking with an error "System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The Uri string is too long."
- Need quick help on this issue.
Reporting server migrated from 2005 to 2012.
But we haven't migrated rdls and these...
Export to TIFF
- Good afternoon, I have a report that if I exported to PDF would be in excess of 10 pages. Due...
Monthname: Is there a bug in this function
- Can someone tell me if there is a bug/issue with the SSRS built in function MonthName
The following expression in the...
Report does not display correctly in Safari
- I have a series of reports, actually we call them dashboards because they have summary data, not lists.
Anyway, the dashboards...
Hw to execute stored procedure using select statement?
- I have execute my stored procedure using a select statement like
Exec SP where select * from view,wt is the finall...
excel migration issue
- Hi. We run a STD2008 64 bit relational engine SP1 in production.
We recently migrated a pkg that reads an...
Hw to import the system varibles into an xml/csv file
- Hw to import or export system varibles into an xml or csv file ,if any one tell me if it...
Hw to view package execution stups without using visual studio
- hw to view the packege execution stups , if we are not using the visual studio,can some one tell me r8...
- I'm working on some real time project. There is an already existing DataBase. In that DB, i need to change...
Whats the easiest way to read the first 10 characters of a flat file
- Basically I am recieveing multiple flat files of two different file layouts, the file names do not give a clue...
Strategies for dealing with Excel
- Like a lot of organisations, we struggle with the fact that a lot of users manage important business data in...
What SQL Server Settings for SSAS Tabular
*The goal is to view if SQL server 2012 tabular and its in-memory ability with can be used in...
Mdx Weird Error Message
- Hi, I have a cube with 3 partitions, and several dimensions. When I run the following query:
WITH DYNAMIC SET Top5Ip...
Slow performance after Migration from Access to SQL back-end
i was able "after a long time of trial and error" to migrate access database to sql 2005 and use...