Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Replicate from Non-Partioned Table (Publisher) to a Partitioned Table (Subscriber)
- Is it possible to Replicate from a Non-Partioned Table (Publisher- Standard edition) to a Partitioned Table (Subscriber- Enterprise edition) using...
Database stuck in single user mode
Suppose you had a database stuck in single user mode that is in a busy OLTP environment.
1. The connection...
"Sql server error 5120" while attaching database
I am trying to attach few databases to sql server 2005.I have my .mdf files in "D:\MSSQL\Data" and my .ldf...
Redgate Differential Backup and Restore
- I've recently taken over database duties and am trying to learn as I go. Our company uses Redgate 6.5 for...
Im not sure this is the right area to post this in, but it is backup related. I have SQL...
connection to Oracle
- We have a big vendor application and oracle is the database server. We are not allowed to write direct view,...
SSIS-Data in multiple .csv files to columns in same csv file
- Hi Everyone
I have the below problem,could anyone please suggest me a solution.
file 1 has below data
the data in the output...
Problem with SQLCLR in VS 2012 / Net 4.5
- Hello guys,
I have problem that I can't resolve ..
I want to make simple store procedure using .net 4.5 and [b]I...
Difference between varchar(max) and varchar(8000)
whats the actual difference between varchar(max) and varchar(8000). Is the difference applies same for nvarchar(max) and nvarchar(8000).
Thanks in advance.
sql service broker
Need help on getting code and info on
service broker (for sql server 2005 only)
for auditing DML commands.
Respond if any.
The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'xp_sqlagent_enum_jobs', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.
- [b]Problem Statement[/b]:
I have some users that are not a part of any server role (except the default public). For each...
Merge records in a sorted order in SSIS.
- I have a set of record types saying TH as Header and T1a, T1b, T1c, T1d, T1e, T2a, T2b, T2c,...
Data transfer while dynamic increment of duplicate values.
I have to insert data from one table to another in SQL 2005 (destination having lesser but the same name...
Temp Table 'vs' Table Variable 'vs' CTE.
- Hi All,
I wants to clear my concept about Temp Table,
Table Variable & Common Table Expression Concept.
Can anybody please clear me...
- I am trying to login with an account (for example user name: SQL1) using SQL Authentication and having problems, it...
- How can i disable this command and any other related commands??
Database Mapping Error
I am actually trying to make relationships in an already designed database..
Database is historic one and no proper relationships,...
Help with SQL Server backups slow ( backup performance slower than before after data purge)
- Hi everyone,
(searched SQL Central... I didn't find anything specific)
Wanted to get some ideas on solutions. I have a DB...
SQL Audit Help - Does SQL Audit Really Store Audit Info ON The Windows Logs
- First off I admit I am no SQL Audit guru but from what I have read so far it sounds...
SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Installation Recommendation
- Hello Peeps,
I would appreciate if you guys can recommend a good installation setup for SQL Server 2008. Below are...
? on running a sp in dbmail
- Hi ,
I am trying to figure out how I can attach a file as an XML in dbmail and run...
Naming the column for xml result set
- I am trying to get the proper column name for my xml string.
x + ' ' AS [text()]
SOX2 Compliance - SSAS Cube
- We have enabled TDE on all databases that contain PII data for SOX2 compliance. However, how do we do this...
FOR XML EXPLICIT Help
I have the below SQL which is working great except for the <Type> element. All the types are appearing on...
- The uncommented part is not working
declare @str_folder_path varchar(1000)='\\Dataupload'
,@str_media_data_file_path_csv varchar(200)='Data File.csv'
BULK INSERT vw_pkg_dataload
-- FROM '\\Dataupload\Data File.csv'
FROM '''' + @str_folder_path + '\' + @str_media_data_file_path_csv +''''
FIRSTROW = 2,
SQL Server 2008 R2 Evaluation Edition Expired
I have installed SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition French Version on my windows server 2008 R2 Standard Edition FRENCH...
Each client on its own VLAN
- Hi guys, I'm going to be starting a new DBA job soon and thre's one aspect of it that I've...
Concept of Session killing by Sql server.
I had make changes in server connection properties and set timeout time 300 Secs.
Now i had connect to a database...
- We are running SQL Server 2008R2 Ent and we are experiencing a high incident rate of Deadlocks . We started by...
best practices - development help
im not sure this is the right forum to put this in, but i am working on redesigning our company...
Sorting Records Going Into New Table.
- I am having problems ordering records to go into another table. The following is my code:
Post Transaction Log Full
- I had a development database set to 'simple' recovery model which ran into a full transaction log error while executing...
Speed issue with SQL Server 2008 compared to SQL 2000
- We have built a new virtual server with Hyper-V and 64bit windows 2008R2 with 3 processors and 12 GB of...
I want to archive the data of a 400G table,what is the best way of archiving?
My table has a clustered...
Operand type clash: int is incompatible with date
- ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[bnd_ProjwiseCategory_rblockNODATE]
@M_Acc_ID AS INT,
@M_ProjVers_ID AS INT,
@Category AS INT,
@Action AS INT,
- Hello Everyone
I was suggested that I use a different way of generating some IDs. This column is not any part...
Migration from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 R2 using mirroring concept
- I just have 1.5 yrs exp as a dba. The requirement is as below:
Test environment - We have 15 user databases...
how to check lastest firmware in windows Server 2003?
- how to check latest firmware in windows Server 2003?
How could i find the client?
- I have a consolidated SQL Server Machine, and none of application are running on this. But I have an error...
2008 R2 upgrade advisor error
I have just started getting issues with the SQL 2008 R2 upgrade advisor. This tool has previously worked ok for...
How to Insert/Upadte data based on exist in mathcin table, in single query
- Hello All,
please help me with this single select statement,
[u]StudentNew[/u] table is exist with below values, (sno and sname is composite...
Transforming an Interative Solution into a Set-Based Solution
- The problem here is that the grpID field is sometimes loaded with multiple values for a single element of the...
Get windows user..
Is there a way of getting the windows user name using an application accessing SQL Server with SQL Authentication?
- Hi, I have a scenario in which I am performing insertion on a table using a stored procedure. For every...
Indexed view CI chosen of table CI. Why?
This is related to the table and query in question: [url]http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1449684-392-1.aspx[/url]
(Hope this is clear, otherwise I have to double post...
Understanding CASE processing
I found an SP that generates multiple index seeks from 1 case statement.
By the looks of it each WHEN THEN...
conversion of the varchar value overflowed an int column
- I have a stored procedure :
In this prcedure I am returning @pSTN value and used in another sp as output....
Extract string between two special characters upto 4 sublevels
- Hi Everyone,
Can anyone of you please help me to get the T-SQL to extract a string between two special characters...
Multiple reference to a single column
- I have created 3 table in which in T3 table I am referencing the ID columns of table T1 and...
- For the below SQL code, I need the output as:
[b]person dob Age[/b]
Frank 3/20/1990 23 Years
Joey 12/31/2000 12 Years
Sue 2/6/2012 1 Years
Mary 4/1/2013 1 Months
Bil 5/3/2012 1 Years
Bob 1/1/2013 4 Months
Will 10/1/2012 7 Months
Possible to use tored proc to kill all queries running longer than 2 hours AND are blocking other queries
Is it possible to use a stored procedure to kill all queries running longer than 2 hours AND are blocking?...
How to sum in SQL removing varchar
I am trying to sum of amount (data type varchar) column but I am getting error
error converting data...
convert a PLSQL to T_SQL for a function
- I would like to convert a function from PL-SQL to T_SQL, not sure about the syntax,
Any one can help?, code...
Oracle Linked server randomly failing from sql agent job
- I have a number of jobs that fail because of a linked server message.
[code="other"]Executed as user: Domain\User. Cannot initialize the...
Rounding Up with given precision
- I would like to round up some figures with given precision. So far I can't find a way to do...
Use MAX in insert query
- Hi, is it possible to use MAX function in an insert query?
I try to write a query similar to this:
Backup and recovery for the accidental DBA
- Hello - I am not a DBA, let's start with that...but I have acquired the task of backup up a db...
Updated muliple rows into one column? Why is it hard? HELP
- Trying to update a table using integer number in 3 columns and a signing texts name to results in the...
How to prevent ANY use of xp_CmdShell?
- Please forget whether or not you're pro or con on the subject of the use of xp_CmdShell for just a...
SQL Service account change
Log shipping (backup job) failed after we change SQL service account in our production database and DR database server.
Ownership of cluster disk 'Cluster Disk xxx has been unexpectedly lost by this node.
- My Cluster went down again. I don't have to say... I am having a not so good morning already ... :-(
Logshipping + Database snapshot combination
- I set up log shipping on both servers and they are running fine. Due to a recent requirement, they want...
Database modifications reported in Error or other log?
- I am a Jr. Level DBA, responsible for monitoring our production server. On Friday I noted that the drive our...
- Hello Everyone
I am rebuilding the indexes on a database every week. I am getting complaints that the database is being...
High CPU Issue
We have a high CPU issue, it's almost 80 - 90% and sometimes close to 100%.
I will be trying to Rebuild...
HOW TO FIND the OFFENDING SESSION FROM sys.dm_tran_database transaction
- Investigating on the use of tempdb with the following very simple query:
select convert(char(15), db_name(database_id)) as dbname
Single User Mode
- If you set a Database in Single User Mode and you loose you conection to the session that you set...
The database principal owns objects in the database and cannot be dropped
- Hi guys, Recently we got this error:
The database principal owns objects in the database and cannot be dropped.
The database version...
Add features to an existing instance
- Hi I need to install Full search and Analysis services to an existing instance of SQL Server 2012. When I...
how to reset SA password
- I have couple SQL servers that nobody knows the SA password and nobody has sys_admin right to reset it. There...
Advice in restore and backup check schedule
We all know how important to check (and restore) your backup file is, right? ;-) ... so I am trying to follow...
How to know the SQL statements causing the Deadlock from this XML output?
- I can figure the stored procedures names using object ID's. But i want to determine the actual SQL statements that...
New tO SQL - Need help to Install SQL + BI
- I need to install sql 2008 with BI tools.Apprently the one I have was not connecting to adventureworks and so...
Upload directory in Stored Procedure
I am using a stored procedure and would like it to find a file on a different server location. When...
Database College degree... which one is better?
- I am a growing DBA fanatic, and i am looking to get very involved with databases in the future. I...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Search Results Suggestion
- It would be a great addition to the search results to include some more information about the items. Specifically when...
Output of SSRS in XML format
I got my sp TO WORK.. FINANLLY...
Now I wanted to schedule the report to run and email in XML format....
SSRS Report breaking with an error "System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The Uri string is too long."
- Need quick help on this issue.
Reporting server migrated from 2005 to 2012.
But we haven't migrated rdls and these...
Is Having Primary key on a table essential?
- Hi everyone
We are using Sql Server 2008 and we have a log table which has one clustered index(on creationdate, that...
Whats the easiest way to read the first 10 characters of a flat file
- Basically I am recieveing multiple flat files of two different file layouts, the file names do not give a clue...
What happens if new records are inserted in a source table during a package execution?
- Hi Folks,
I have a package that loads records in a CRM destination using a Web Service. This execution takes around...
How to avoid technically the null values while concatenating columns
In SSIS by using dervied column i manipulate fields and end up in my desired results.
But for an record if...
Designing a Dim table for SSAS and SSRS
- New to SSAS. I'm working on my first cube. I'm creating a dim table for the accounts. The level of...
Cube design for Snapshot scenario
- Hi Team,
We have a scenario where we need to provide the As on the given day how many products...
QR Code-Integration of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word
- What is the easiest way to integrate Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word?
We are converting permit numbers to QR code. 00000...