Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Login failed for user - Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 4064
When I click on properties of a database, users, tables, or any object within SQL Server Management Studio, I get...
Operating system error 23 in SQL
- I scheduled daily backup on tape and it was working fine for two weeks.Last night the backup failed and threw...
Problem with SQLCLR in VS 2012 / Net 4.5
- Hello guys,
I have problem that I can't resolve ..
I want to make simple store procedure using .net 4.5 and [b]I...
sql service broker
Need help on getting code and info on
service broker (for sql server 2005 only)
for auditing DML commands.
Respond if any.
Sorting Records Going Into New Table.
- I am having problems ordering records to go into another table. The following is my code:
Post Transaction Log Full
- I had a development database set to 'simple' recovery model which ran into a full transaction log error while executing...
What happens if SSMS is force-closed by an RDP logoff while adding a column?
- So I was tasked with adding an Identity column to a very large table this weekend. Yesterday it failed because...
Speed issue with SQL Server 2008 compared to SQL 2000
- We have built a new virtual server with Hyper-V and 64bit windows 2008R2 with 3 processors and 12 GB of...
SQL FOREIGN KEY conflict help!
- I have two tables and I keep getting an FK conflict error on some of the data being inserted and...
I want to archive the data of a 400G table,what is the best way of archiving?
My table has a clustered...
sql server query problem
- hi friends i have small doubt in sql server plz tell me how to solve
i have 2 tables and...
SSMS Stored procedure help
- Hi professionals.
We have software written by a 3rd party vendor and I am trying to read one of there stored...
SQL Server 2008R2 'Web Edition' License Query
- Hi All
I have what seemingly is a pretty basic query however dont seem to beable to get a definative answer...
Multiple reference to a single column
- I have created 3 table in which in T3 table I am referencing the ID columns of table T1 and...
Possible to use tored proc to kill all queries running longer than 2 hours AND are blocking other queries
Is it possible to use a stored procedure to kill all queries running longer than 2 hours AND are blocking?...
How to create a frequency report
I have two tables containing test results in categorical scale.
Table one contains PCR results for some factors (P1, P2,...
How to sum in SQL removing varchar
I am trying to sum of amount (data type varchar) column but I am getting error
error converting data...
How to do this type of insert?
- I'm sorry if this question has been asked here, but I couldn't find. I am new to sql and need...
convert a PLSQL to T_SQL for a function
- I would like to convert a function from PL-SQL to T_SQL, not sure about the syntax,
Any one can help?, code...
COLLATION Between two databases, checking on which collate to use
- DATABASE A SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN
DATABASE B SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
SET XXDT = A.COMPLT_DT -1
FROM DATABASEB.TABLE2 A
INNER JOIN DATABASEA.TABLE1 B ON A.ID = B.ID COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS
Backup and recovery for the accidental DBA
- Hello - I am not a DBA, let's start with that...but I have acquired the task of backup up a db...
How to prevent ANY use of xp_CmdShell?
- Please forget whether or not you're pro or con on the subject of the use of xp_CmdShell for just a...
- Hello Everyone
I am rebuilding the indexes on a database every week. I am getting complaints that the database is being...
High CPU Issue
We have a high CPU issue, it's almost 80 - 90% and sometimes close to 100%.
I will be trying to Rebuild...
The database principal owns objects in the database and cannot be dropped
- Hi guys, Recently we got this error:
The database principal owns objects in the database and cannot be dropped.
The database version...
2005 to 2012 certification upgrade?
- Hi All,
back in 2009 I did the SQL Server 2005 Database Developer MCITP certification, but never got around to upgrading...
New tO SQL - Need help to Install SQL + BI
- I need to install sql 2008 with BI tools.Apprently the one I have was not connecting to adventureworks and so...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
DTS Run and non-English Charecters
- I import data from Progress to SQLSERVER 2000 with DTS run utility (or DTS package which is same). When I...
DTS Run and non English Charecters
- I import data from Progress to SQLSERVER 2000 with DTS packages.