Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SQL SERVER 2005 Updates
- If I have SQL SERVER 2005 SP 4 @
build 9.00.5296 dated
October 24, 2011
Will I be able to install
SQl server carrier advice
I have 4.5 years of SQL developer.I work with one of the reputed bank in the world.
My situation is being...
Linked server for Oracle
I am having this weird problem with Oracle linked server on SQL 2005 x64. I have installed Oracle client and...
Script Task C# Code(The name 'Dts' does not exist in the current context)
// C# code
using System.IO; // Added
public class ScriptMain : UserComponent
string SplitData = Dts.Variables["User::SplitData"].Value.ToString();
public override void
How can I store the username and password without config file
- How can I store the username and password not in the config file or SQL Server in SSIS, so that...
Rows Value into Columns
- hi Guys,
Need your help to sort out the Query, i have fix columns Field1 to Field10, and Variant Rows...
Update Join Query Help!!!!
- hi Guys
I need help with a simple update join query that i need to do. below are my example of...
replication design advice
- Hello Folks,
we are planning to replicate database for reporting purpose and we need to restrict data based on companyID'
sql server 2005??????
i have big problems using sql server 2005 with access 2010, actually the data base was attached and detached from...
Need help in Pivoting the table.
I need help on Pivoting a table. I have to do it in the back end only.
Here is the table...
SUM CASE, COLUMN MINUS COLUMN
- I have this code working fine. I need to subtract one column from another to get the corrected results. I...
Droping out of a cusor
- Hi what’s the best to way to drop out of a cursor if a condition is meet?
Help with sql statement to delete old records for user if multiple records found
- Here is how the data looks like for UserSession Table
UserName LastUpdated sessionID
--------- ------------- ---------
User1 1/1/2013 10AM SESS01
User1 1/1/2013 11AM SESS02
cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'tablename' with unique index 'indexname'
I have an MS Access application whose tables are linked via ODBC connection to SQL server 2005. In one of...
SQL inner join: ORA-00904: "Bonus.site_name": invalid identifier?
- SELECT *
FROM "Poker_Site" INNER JOIN "Bonus"
ON "Poker_Site.site_name" = "Bonus.site_name";
Whats wrong with this select query/ I have tried removing the quotes.
bonus_name NVARCHAR2 200 - - No
sign_up_bouns NVARCHAR2 100 ...
Generate two columns from single column with alternating data
- I have what I thought would be a simple PIVOT example, but I have not yet solved it without using...
adding a 2nd Tempdb file.
I am considering adding a secondary tempdb file to my datawarehouse to hopefully improve performance. I am aware that I...
Need Help Stopping a Rouge Extended Procedure (XPSMTP)
- I'm experiencing a very unusual problem with one of our old SQL 2000 installs. Backstory: we've used xpsmtp80.dll on all...
SQL Server 2008 R2 slow query performance to Oracle 11g using Openquery
I'm completely perplexed on this one. I am running a query against an Oracle 11g database. It looks something like...
SQL Server 2008 cluster node going down unexpectedly
- Last night our primary SQL Server node went down and failed over to the secondary node.
I was actually on the...
TFS Upgrade from 2005 to 2010
- Hi, recently I have been assigned to upgrade our TFS 2005 to TFS 2010.
Here is what we are looking...
Percent to Total - Customer Sales Penetration
- This is related to a previous post, but I didn't have all the information. Now, I'm including the selects to...
Lazy Writes / sec
- on one of my servers i checked the Lazy Writes / sec and i get a very very high value of...
Sql server 2008 installation problem( must specify valid information for parsing the string)
When i am trying to install sql server 2008 using iso file , it shows an error message " must specify valid...
Tracking running queries
- Hi all
In one of the daily emails (quite a while ago), there was a method for getting server performance and...
count(*) vs count(1) or count(id)
- Dear Experts,
I want to know what is difference between count(*), count(id) and count(1) base on performance issues.
We have some quires...
display specific string and that positions in sql server
- hi friend i have small doubt in sql server plz tell me how to solve this
i want display only specific...
why there are no sql server services listed in configuration manager
- In installed another named instance of same edition and version sql server 2008 r2 on a server.
Now i can t...
Ports and Firewall changes for named Instance
- Hi All,
What all ports should be opened for a named instance, which is listeneing on 1477.
The named instance name is...
Are my statistics being used?
I have a system with a lot of blocking. From the last occurrence I found a statistics update causing a...
Trouble with SQL Server Agent 2008
- Hello all. This is on a Windows 7 Pro machine. As I mentioned in an earlier post today, I am...
We are running one job which runs SELECT query from a view from another linked server. We are getting blocking...
Restoring SQl SERVER 2008 R2
- Hi Guys:
Any guide how to restore sql server 2008 r2 backup on sql server 2000
SSIS - Excel 2010 - Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0
- I am requesting that the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable be installed on my SQL 2008R2 Enterprise SP1 running...
could anyone tell me whya discriminator column would be added to a table?
what is a discriminator column? what is...
"SET STATISTICS TIME" and "SET STATISTICS IO" questions
- 1) As I understood from here
"elapsed time" is the total time of statement's execution, but how than it can be...
Using MERGE tsql for FACT loading
- Hi All,
I m using the below tsql MERGE statement for loading data to one of the fact table in DWH...
Rebuild or DBREINDEX
I have a table with a clustered index and 6 non clustered indexes.The size of the table is 400G...
Disk_Queue_Length is CRITICAL or high
- This is regarding the Cluster servers 723/722/721 3 Nodes (Active/Active/Passive). At around Fri Mar 29 11:05:42 EDT 2013, We have...
Create SSIS package in SQL SERVER 2012 for SQL SERVER 2008
- Is it possible to develop SSIS packages in SQL SERVER 20012 for deploying in SLQ SERVER 2008?
Combine date from two different date ranges in one dataset
- Hello all,
I have the following dataset that I am using:
,sum(NumberOfOrdersInBatch) as NumberOfOrders
,AVG(TimeToProcess) as AverageTime
info.batchstatsTEST with (nolock)
TimeReceived between GETDATE()-1...
Hot to Get Cumulative Total..
- Hi Friends...
I Having Table For The Following Structure..
Create Table EmpProcessDetail ( EmpId varchar(25), EmpName varchar(50),ProcessName varchar(30),GroupCode varchar(5),PlannedDays int,ActualDays int,
update record from another record in same table
- Hi, I'm looking for the best way to update pkid 1 = pkid 2
a.fname = b.fname
(select * from testTable where pkid...
Top 2 On Child Table
- I have two tables, one Master, one Detail. I'm trying to build a query to get the top 2 products...
Add 2 values from 1 table
- Morning all
Good someone offer the best way to do this.
I want to add 2 values from 1 table.
Select count (*) as...
is it possible to union all two CTEs?
- I have two CTEs sharing same column names and I need to combine their results into one result set.
varchar to datetime convertion challenge
- I have a table w/a varchar(10) column (MoYear) which has the month and year with '/' between (i.e. 01/2013). My task...
How to pass where condition as parameter of stored procedure
- How to pass where condition as parameter of stored procedure
T-SQL Greatest function workarounds - timing tests
- EDIT: About four posts down is an expanded test script that if you get the chance to run for timing...
XML Question (?)
Let's say I have the following table with just 1 record:
SELECT Field1, Field2, Field3 FROM tbl
returns 11, 22, 33
problem with join T-Sql
- i have customer table and it have 1 foreign key from other table in it then i have service table...
Comparing figures based on relative date
- Hi All
I'm having trouble working out a solution to the following issue:
I have a table containing a date and a...
Sql Server Stored Procedure varaible declaration
- i want to search data with different criteria.
one is from "date" and other is from itemid and so on.
Stored procedure to transfer Applications into Loans mismatching number of BEGIN and COMMIT statementserror:
- I had a problem when transfering an active application and to a loan table where i have to calculate the...
Query for non-existent entries
I'd like to build a query that produces the missing entries in a scores per week table. Say that you...
Exclude rows with blanks in a particular field
- I know this is a popular one and I've Googled it but I haven't found anything that has worked yet,...
Random Number Generator
- I am trying to create a random number generator that would populate a number between 8-48 to 9 different lanes...
inherited an app, Error started the next day
First post, I've been using SQL for about 3 years, I just changed jobs and inherited a bunch of...
SQL Server 2008 Audit_Amazing_Expecting Comments
- We enabled SQL Server external audit feature in our production server. We enabled only DML(Insert,Update,Delete) single audit event instead of...
database mirroring witness and client redirect
- We are investigating using database mirroring as a DR solution for sharepoint 2010. the sharepoint documentation states that high availability...
Cluster configuration corrupted
- We have SQL Server 2008 SP1 running a [b]single[/b] node cluster SQL 2008 R2 SP2. We've had multiple attempts to...
Mirroring with replication question
- Before I watched CBT Nuggets dicussing replication & mirroring. In it he described the following scenario (pictured below as I drew...
cluster validation test failing while adding node to the existing cluster group
- cluster validation test failing at Validate SCSI Device Vital Product Data (VPD) test. There's a hot fix to resolve this...
Can't start mirroring that was previously disabled.
- sqlserver 2008 R2.
The error is:
TITLE: Database Properties
An error occurred while starting mirroring.
Alter failed for Database 'FASTContent_CrawlStoreDB_2d3e9be9ef044393a736f16d569f0952'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
For help, click:...
SQL Service account change
Log shipping (backup job) failed after we change SQL service account in our production database and DR database server.
Restoring System Databases
- Hi ,
Im using an Active/Passive SQL Cluster 2008 R2 Standard Edition.
In my task to relocate the System Databases, I messed...
Can resource governor apply based on what DB is being accessed?
- Sadly, I don't have a "play" environment at work anymore, and forgot to putz with this myself at home, so...
Proper way to move data in large filegroup using DBCC SHRINKFILE emptyfile option
I have a filegroup with one large datafile that is 300GB and I want to create 10- 30GB files and...
Help with a Deadlock Issue
- Recently we have started seeing some deadlocks reported on a database instance. I have enabled the trace -T1222 and am...
SSMS very laggy when typing a query
- This is a strange one. I am typing a query in SQL Server Management Studio. Nothing is executing on the...
MDW and upload schedules from different instances
- I have recently set up MDW across our SQL estate. There are approximately 40 instances being monitored all sending their...
Getting bizarre error while installing SQL 2008 SP2 on standalone server
- While trying to upgrade a SQL-2008 R2 installation to SQL 2008 SP2 I'm getting the following error in the rule-checking...
Auto Recovery Information in SSMS
- I know this might be a simple question but I have not been able to find my answer as of...
Updating information in a datagrid by using a button
Another C# question here. What I am trying to do is update information within a datagrid that could contain multiple...
Representing choice of elements using FOR XML EXPLICIT
I have a complicated set of schema files for which I am trying to generate a single XML file. The...
New to XML....???
I',m new to XML and here is what I need to do...
I want to create a SQL query to pull...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
feature request: social signal
- I don't want to add "+1" -style comments to a discussion because they really junk-up a thread. It would also...
Can I schedule a report to run via SQL Job Agent?
I was wondering if I can schedule a report to be emailed via the job agent?
I know I can Schedule...
one parameter returning all,remining parameters also need to return ALL
- i have 6 parameters ,in this 4th parameter returns "ALL" 5th and 6th also in need to return all
SSRS 2005 on Windows 7 - "Unable to connect to the remote server"
- I have installed SQL Server Standard Edition (x64) on a Windows 7 x64 OS
I ensured that all the IIS 6...
Using Schema for Logical Organization
- I was just wondering if anyone out there uses SQL Server schemas for logical organization, instead of security purposes. I'm...
Complex many to many relationships
- Hi all,
Here is a relatively complex design that I would like to have vetted by experts! :)
Say that you need...
Execute Package Task or SQL Server Agent
- I have inherited an SSIS package that has over a dozen Execute Package Task controls in it. They are all...
Forcing SSIS to use iexplorer web proxy
- Hey. As the subject says, is there anyway to force the default connection method in SSIS to use the proxy...
Extract Speed from DB2
- Hello again all, I am back again.
This time with a new company, new city, and new role!
I am now in...
Data Warehouse Models
- Someone from my company's strategy has said that the Data Warehouse model needs to be:
- 3rd NF
How to Release disk space after a cube processing failure
I have a SQLServer Data base stored on a drive that has abot 10 GB Free space. How ever the...
converting oltp database into dimension model (olap) database
- I work on ssas using adventureworksDW2008 database for creting cube and understanding other features but if I want to convert...
downgrade SSAS 2012 cubes to 2008 for Cognos Trial
- Hi Experts,
I have installed the Cognos 10.1 trial version. But it doesn't support SSAS 2012 cube.
I wanted to know whether...
using mdx query
- When working with SSas after creating cube you see the data as measures and dimensions.But when does MDX comes in...