Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
What is 'available physical memory' in DBCC MEMORYUSAGE
- Hi, Am new to SQL Server. Am trying to query the total memory in the system that runs the SQL...
Access Control of SQL Login
I have created several logins such as ACC, SALES, HR, DIST, ADT and IT. Now I want that the respective...
I have a product table containing columns ProdID, ProdName and ...
The data type of [b]ProdID[/b] is [b]varchar(10)[/b]. It contains data...
View Synchronization Status Error
- Hi Experts
I have added a new publisher to my Publication database but the process is just looping and in...
Removing a corrupted merge subscription...
- Hello to all,
Thanks for all your time and assistence and any input is greatly appreciated.
I currently have a server that...
SQL Report formatting with UNION Clause
- I have an sql like this:
SELECT 1 AS GROUPID, 'A' AS GROUPNAME, ''GROUPID, ''GROUPNAME
SELECT 2 AS GROUPID, 'D' AS GROUPNAME,...
DBCC Shrinkfile issues
- First of all, I know I shouldn't do a shrink file because it causes fragmentation. however, I am working with...
Using MERGE tsql for FACT loading
- Hi All,
I m using the below tsql MERGE statement for loading data to one of the fact table in DWH...
Inserts are slow
- I have a stored procedure that requires reading transactions one by one and then creating a few inserts per transaction....
Rebuild or DBREINDEX
I have a table with a clustered index and 6 non clustered indexes.The size of the table is 400G...
Resizing the log file in Simple recovery mode
- Hi - A brief description of the problem and how it came to be.....
We have a nightly data load into a...
Exclude Specific Index From Query
- This is driving me crazy! I want to exclude a specific index from a query but I can not remember...
Reg:History of maintenance plan
i went to maintenance plan s and want to view the history of that plan. when i opened the...
Renaming system databases
- Can I rename the physical name of both mdf and ldf files of system databases such as msdb,model and master?
concerns using linked server -security.
- We are designing of an application that using backend SQL database. When records are inserted into a SQL table, we...
Result of dynamic sql with parameteres into a variable
- Edit 25.4.2013:::
Problem was solved, but I have question about view, my last reply...
thx for response
Hello, i have problem with...
- CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Table_A](
[id] [smallint] NULL,
[name] [varchar](50) NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Table_B](
[ID] [smallint] NULL,
[DATE] [date] NULL,
[ORDER] [varchar](50) NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
Table variable is not automatically dropped in TempDB
I have created procedure like .
/****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[b] Script Date: 04/28/2013 01:09:39 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
output understanding for most memory reads?
Top procedures memory consumption per execution as below capture script
[code="sql"]SELECT TOP 100 *
DatabaseName = DB_NAME(qt.dbid)
,ObjectName = OBJECT_SCHEMA_NAME(qt.objectid,dbid) + '.' + OBJECT_NAME(qt.objectid, qt.dbid)
Troubleshooting Web Application Performance
One of my clients has a few web applications using SQL Server as a backend. One of those applications...
deletion of db taking long time
- Dear All
I was doing bcpin with 20 million records. I stoped it in between. Then tries to delete the table...
Selecting/Deleting rows with the same column information
- I need to delete some rows from our system that have the same transaction id based on an accounting date....
How to merge two sql select statement results I tried it but it not get please see it in detailed explination with my query
- Hi All,
My Query Goes Like This,
Select TT.ID,TT.NAME,ROUND((CAST((Sum(TJA.MINS)) as FLOAT)/60),0) AS HOURS
From MYTABLE1 as TT INNER JOIN MYTABLE2 as TB
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
How to link Main dashboard to other dashboards via a dropdown list
I have created a Main dashboard using SSRS. It consists of a report with graphs etc called Dashboard.rdl
NoSQL and Attribute Value Pairs - Any suggestions?
- Hi All
I'm not really sure this is the right sub forum but since the question is sort of design related...
- I am currently working on a warehouse project that includes a dimension for geography. It includes Zip Code, City and...