Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
cmd line rename syntax error - argh
- Hi there,
I have a SQL job that produces output.txt then I need to rename it with date suffix.
Generating output to text file from SP via SQLCMD
- Hi all,
I have created a stored procedure to report on login mappings which I want to be able to run...
Database exception error
We have an application which access data from SQL DB (SQL server 2005 std. edition). Around 40 members use the...
Access Control of SQL Login
I have created several logins such as ACC, SALES, HR, DIST, ADT and IT. Now I want that the respective...
I have a product table containing columns ProdID, ProdName and ...
The data type of [b]ProdID[/b] is [b]varchar(10)[/b]. It contains data...
Read transaction log file
We have an issue where someone had fired a delete query on a table which did't have any audit...
Database mail and operator not working together
I have set up DBMail for sending out mails during success of a job.but when i run the job...
Log backups while Full/Differential backups are running
- A few weeks ago I was at an event where someone came up and asked me if it's bad to...
Look Up making more time
- Hi Friends,
I am processing 200,000 data into a table. Inside data flow , I use look up component where the...
SSIS-Data in multiple .csv files to columns in same csv file
- Hi Everyone
I have the below problem,could anyone please suggest me a solution.
file 1 has below data
the data in the output...
Problem with trigger
- Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with triggers. Trigger must be fired and update COLUMN_A in TABLE2 after insert COLUMN_B...
Counting NULL values in a Pivot table
- I have the following query:
select type, istatus, count(logical_name)
group by type, istatus
order by type, istatus
The possible values...
disable remote access
- I am trying to disable remote access for a SQL instance
Here is what I did in SSMS,
Right click server instance->...
Random number generator
- Ok.Guys I need your help. I have a table of about 60000 records. I want to add a column say...
Could not connect to 'srvrXYZ' server because 'srvrXYZ' is not defined as a remote server
- Hi Experts
I am trying to delete my publication from my Publication server and i am getting error. I have...
SQL Server 2012 Instances
- TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Setup
The following error has occurred:
Cannot create a new Service Broker in read-only...
column update based on calculation and group by
I need to update the Perc column in Table_A
This is based on the following calculation:
((Pass/VM_Id) * 100)
and this needs to...
Detecting Detached Databases
- I've many databases on the server I've inherited. Some are detached and rather than manually check each db to see...
Problem With BackupDB for Deleted Info
- I have two database AgencyDB(primary DB) and AgencyBackupDB(Deleted Info from AgencyDB by user) and i have this three table in...
- Hi, when I am insrting data from a csv file I am getting error:
'Explicit value must be specified for identity...
Problem with audit trigger
Have just created an audit trigger which will fire whenever a row is inserted, updated or deleted from a...
Combining two stored procedures to get one result set.
- I have got two stored procedures as below:
ALTER PROCEDURE [rept].[systemActivities]
-- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here
SQL Server 2008 Merge Replication: Metadata Cleanup Failure
- We are an issue, related to the metadata cleanup. Some time ago we reduced the retention period down from the...
- Good Day.
I noticed that DBCC dbreindex is still available in 2008R2 . Wehn we run this utility to rebuild PK Custered...
to find specific position string
- Hi friends i have small doubt in sql server ,
table data contains like
id , name
1 , srinivas
2 , ravikumar
Indexes on a Query with a pivot function
- Hi all,
Many thanks to the poster that helped me clear up a misconception that I was having with indexes a...
- Hi all.
I found there was fragmentation in my server and i rebuild the indexes to remove fragmentation. But even...
- what are the ways to trouble shoot replication :
how to resolve primary _key violation in transactional replication ?
Compare data between rows of same table
- create table ##Temp1 (
myid int identity (1, 1),
insert into ##Temp1 (mytab1col1, mytab1col2, mytab1col3)
select 1, 'name1', '2010-01-01'
How to update order status based on detail information
- I have 2 tables ( orderheader and ordershipmentdetail). The order can be closed when all products and their requested quantities are...
- Hi friends i have small doubt in sql server ,
how to write an sql query for getting employee names for...
Cannot create an account in my SQL
- I have a sql server 2008R2 in domain A, I have a domain trust (full forest trust) between domain A...
- I am trying to get my database to send emails but I can not get it to work. From everything...
Error while taking backup for a user not having sysadmin permission
- I am accessing my sql server 2008 r2 express server using SSMS. I have about 5 logins. For a particular...
Error converting varchar to numeric only in where clause
- Hi experts...
I have a problem with one of my SQL Server query's...
First of all, we are in SQL Server 2008...
queries on Logins
If I execute the stored procedure multiple times on same day, the first time category should not repeat for the...
Backup taking too long after migration to SQL 2008 R2
We recently migrated databases from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 R2. It's a nice shiny hardware, much better than the...
Need Computed Column / Trigger / Function to insert data from another table
I've got the following Problem, which I'd like to solve in SQL Server 2008:
I got a Table 'Products', each product...
Optimizer and stale statistics
- The question is, what happens when statistics on NORECOMPUTE set tables go stale? i.e. pass the rowmodctr > (unfiltered rows...
- In the past week, I saw somewhere a string similarity function.
(I think I saw it in my 'spare' time when...
sql partiton view
i build view that contain lat say 10 table, each table contain check constraint on column name origtime
type datetime , after...
- I am working with a number of large data extracts (10 - 50 million records) and need to parse full name...
mixed data columns
- I currently have a column that have both numeric and characters:
I am trying...
large object inBuffer cache alert
Can anbody advise on how to handle an alert that tells me i have a large object in the buffer...
Result of dynamic sql with parameteres into a variable
- Edit 25.4.2013:::
Problem was solved, but I have question about view, my last reply...
thx for response
Hello, i have problem with...
MCTS 70-448 expiring in July 2013
I want to gain a certification of entry level. I'm working as a BI developer for around 5 years and...
Excel 64 bit driver
- Hi all,
I am running the following query in sql server 2008 r2(64-bit),
MS office 2007 excel file.
SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
SQL Client Access Licence requirements
SQL 2008R2 Std Ed.
We are having an internal debate on what does (does not) require a SQL CAL for the...
Script Out Database Mail Settings?
- Anyone bother to have created a script to Reverse Engineer / Script out your EXISTING database mail settings?
I set up a...
how pick value from database on sql server2000?
- Hai friends,
I m creating one sample application its has two dropdown boxes ddl1 and dd2
if i choose dd1 in...
Delete other than top 2 rows for each foreign key element in table.
- I have a table like that
MemberId(F.K) ! Event ! Event Date
1 'Test Event1' "2012-03-20 05:39:51"
1 'Test Event1' "2012-03-21 05:39:51"
1 'Test Event1'...
The maximum recursion 100 has been exhausted
I have this query below, CTE code. and I get this error: The statement terminated. The maximum recursion 100 has...
Need help on creating Left outer Join
- Hi All,
Need your help to create a Left Out join on 2 tables, which will be based on the Period...
What is "cost"?
- When the Query Analizer estimates the cost of a query as 5.2837628, is that 5.2837628 of something? Or is it...
Add column with previous days results
Please help me out with the below query.
We are calculating Exposure column (Hilighted in the query) based on current date...
Pratical Advantage of Heap
- Hi all experts,
Is there any practical advantage of using Heap as a storage instead of clustered index for table.
T-SQL Rename Multiple Tables
- I am looking to rename a lot of tables using a wildcard,
for example, the table names are:
I would like them...
Distinct Query Help
- I HAVE DATA LIKE THIS
ID DATE PID
Find Serial number in sql string
- So i need to query Active directory and get all the computer based on certian OS type, no problem doing...
SQL 2008 Query
I am a complete novice and would like some help. I have a table (see attached image) that i...
Error 5 when trying to connect to database
- I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2008 R2 Express from Visual Studio 2012. When executing the VS code...
"Total Revenue Per Day" SQL Query Format
- I have a table called DollarTransactions in a database, which records purchases. The table has the following fields, which you...
Query Help with Date and Time
I am selecting from a table and setting a condition in the "Where" clause on a column that has a...
Count instances across fields by date?
- I need to search a table and count instances of a particular string across multiple fields by date, I've used...
Replace column data with column data of another table
- I have Two tables as follows
1000 2012-04-07 00:00:00.000
1000 2012-05-17 00:00:00.000
1000 2012-06-07 00:00:00.000
Empid WeekoffChangeDate WeekoffDate
1000 2012-05-15 00:00:00.000 2012-05-17...
- Hi All,
The dynamic view sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats gives us the external fragmentation value in percent. Is there any way we can find...
Difficulity with SQL Logins and Language settings
- Hi All,
We have supplied a customer with a SQL based accounts package, however we have hit a problem with the...
Moving System Databases in a SQL Cluster
Iam tasked to move our System Databases (master,model & msdb) to a new storage location onto a different LUN / drive. Its...
Restoring System Databases
- Hi ,
Im using an Active/Passive SQL Cluster 2008 R2 Standard Edition.
In my task to relocate the System Databases, I messed...
Slow Disc Access on Single Cluster Node
- Hi there,
We currently have an issue with one of our SQL 2008 R2 Clusters. The cluster contains 2 virtual nodes...
I am having a little issue in understanding how to implement a good maintenance plan in updating statistics. I have...
Multi-server Administration - Execute in master
- Dear experts,
I have implemented a multi-server environment. There is one master server (MSX) and three target servers (TSX).
But I have...
- Hi all experts,
I have being reading about Powershell a lot this days. What i came to know about powershell is...
Problem copying .bak with "$" in file path/name (PS running in SQL job step)
- I'm using OLA's SQL JOBs to do my database maintenance. So far, I really like them; they're very handy, especially...
SQL Enlight 1.9
- Anyone using this tool, and if so - is anyone using this tool at verion 220.127.116.119 with SQL Authentication, successfully? If...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Jump to URL paramater not working in ssrs 2005
I am using ssrs 2005 I have a main report and a subreport. When the user click on the dollar...
Urgent: Reporting services migration - subscription jobs did not get created
- We are moving to a new data center. So, We created a new virtual appweb server and new database server...
barcode generation problem in RDLC local report
- I am trying to encode [url=http://www.aspper.com/barcode-rdlc/tutorial.html]barcodes in RDLC reports[/url], I am using vs 2008 and C# class library.
It works well...
Barcode in RDLC Programmatically
- How to generate RDLC Barcodes Programmatically........
IMAGE LOADING IN SSRS REPORT PROBLEM
- Hi all,
Here is a SSRS issue. I need the solution ASAP.
I am creating a report from a temp table. In...
Schemas vs Several Databases
- Hi Folks,
I would like to discuss the following design issue:
I'm working in a Project in which several systems are involved,...
Data Flow Script Transformation and Pre/PostExecute methods - when do they run
- Maybe I'm not understanding this component properly so I'd be grateful if someone could shed light between what I'm expecting...
How to do Batch Process ?
- Hi Friends,
I have to load 200,000 thousand records in a table. Since RAM usuage goes very high and i...
How to convert the data from stored procedure to excel sheet through SSIS.
- I have one task, The task having stored procedure and
the task will be run daily and insert the data...
How to avoid technically the null values while concatenating columns
In SSIS by using dervied column i manipulate fields and end up in my desired results.
But for an record if...
Ho to Use multiple conditions in Xpath ?
- Hi guys,
New to Xpath. Was trying to use XML task to load some values. Using Microsoft' XML inventory mentioned below.
send me dowload link for SSIS
I need to download and install SSIS in my system.But i am unable to do so.I dint find a right...
Separate ETL server
- I have recently inherited responsibility for managing a small data warehousing team, using SQL Server 2008 R2. My predecessor, on...
Problem extracting character/string values from an Informix database using SSIS 2008
- I am using SSIS 2008 and having a problem with pulling character data values from an Informix source. The etl...
help to design a Cube that shows me all purchases for those who bought a given product
I'm stuck, so stuck I'm not even sure what to google or put in the subject, so sorry for that.
- I am currently working on a warehouse project that includes a dimension for geography. It includes Zip Code, City and...
Dimension with Composite Keys and Multiple Hierarchies not giving expected results.
- Hi everyone!
Hierarchies with no Composite Keys roll up correctly, but for hierarchies with Composite keys all the values are...
Login failed for user 'NT Service\MSSQLServerOLAPService' 28000
- I am using SQL Server 2012 developer edition on Windows 7. I have the following error attempting to process a...