Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Cannot drop mapped windows login from SQL Server due to ENDPOINT permission
- Trying to do some housekeeping of our SQL logins and I noticed that my active directory account has a mapped...
Frequent corruption of xpstar90.dll
I am using SQL SERVER 2005 SP 3 & have seen frequent corruption of xpstar90.dll and most of the queries...
Maintenance plan save - Catastrophic failure
I have an existing maintenance plan that reindexes and updates the stats of some tables. I have selected some of...
Operating system error 5(Access is denied.) to master.mdf''
- having trouble restarting sql server service. here is what I see in the error log... any ideas?
2007-04-04 16:34:16.31 Server Microsoft...
SQL server logs backup / reduction
I have sql server installed on c drive but the logs (LDF) is stacking up and I am getting out...
Log backups while Full/Differential backups are running
- A few weeks ago I was at an event where someone came up and asked me if it's bad to...
Deattach or take offline the DB to copy
Do I have to Deattach or take offline the DB to copy the .mdf and .ldf files to other machine.
DB permissions on basis of application accessing db
- Post removed, wrong forum topic.
Error while importing multiple sheets of same excel into one table using ssis.
I am importing multiple sheets of same excel into one table using ssis.
I am following below flow.
Data flow task->Excel Source->Look...
Automatic Update from Excel to SQL
- I need to load the data from excel to a table in SQL Server 2008 and automate the updates.ie., If...
A domain error occurred in Sql server 2005 while updating the data
- I have created a function like the one below
Create FUNCTION fn_Calc
SP4 on Express
- Hello Friends,
I want to update sp4 on SQLExpress 2005 edition. Do I need to reinstall the SQL server Express...
load multiple xml file into a single flat file destination
- hi guys
i need help, i've created a ForeachLoop Container which loop through all the files .xml in my source directory...
nested left and right query?
- Is it possible to nest (or perhaps stack via CTE) left and right?
For example, if i had a list...
Email validation question
A stored procedure calls on this UDF. I have to update it to exclude email addresses with '.@' or '@.' in them.
- This is probably a simple join issue but here goes...
We have a system (HAL) that does not contain the Dr...
Quote placement Sp_msforeachdb
- I need some help with the quotes for the creation of this column with SP_msforeachdb.
Here is the original version that...
sql query count
- I have a table as below .
Id Product1 Product2 Product3
1 1 null null
2 1 2 null
3 3 1 null
jobs execution monitoring
I wonder if there is an article about monitoring jobs, something similar to backups recent article script, we have...
A backup is made on SQL Server 2005, can it be restored to SQL Server 2008 R2 engine?
- Quick question experts!
A backup is made on SQL Server 2005, can it be restored to SQL Server 2008 R2 engine?
Partitioning a table with 1.5 Billion Rows
I have a table in our data warehouse with 1.5 Billion rows that we need to partition it based on...
Having real trouble...although it's probably easy!
- I asked for some ideas about this last week, but nothing quite suited my situation, which is kinda tricky...maybe if...
Slow performing query!
- The following SQL query isn't scaling very well! Works great on record sets of 10-20 million. However, now that I'm...
Communication Link Failures
I am receiving Communication link failures in SQL which are causing my backups to fail. This has been occurring off...
Check String for some chacters
- I need to check to see if string contains (,-, / or . and pull out only the numbers from the string....
212/2222255 should be...
MS-SQL instance failing due tempdb space issues
I should clarify my instance is Cluster aware and running SQL2012, but posting here because I believe this is more...
Make a select from three columns (with case expression)
I have a table (named empresa) which has several fields.
Three of the fields are:
I want to make a select that...
I ran a xp_cmdshell 'copy con.....' command on my live server to create a file. It didn't work for some...
T-SQL HELP NEEDED
Create table Mytemp
(Id int ,
insert into [rbamouser\parAPatg].MYTEMP VALUES(1,'B,C,D','XYZ')
mY O/P SHOULD BE LILKE
1 B XYZ
1 C XYZ
1 D XYZ
disk usage by top tables
- script to find disk usage by the top tables on a database in sql 2005\2008
Arabic text is displayed ? reading xml
- Hi all,
Please help me as it is very urgent !!
When you paste the below query, it should return arabic text...
Different in count of records.
- Hi All,
when i am trying to find the count of records, i am getting two different counts.
select * from table
mixed data columns
- I currently have a column that have both numeric and characters:
I am trying...
- Hi ,
Create table temp1
create table temp2
INSERT INTO [temp1]
( '22', '50C6CC7C-140E-4697-9287-748AB307C497')
DATA consitency errors
- I dont have the backup when we ran the dbcc check db got the data consistency errors , how can we...
Schemas and Roles
I am confusing about the usage of roles and schemas. I have done some research on Internet, and I found...
i need .bak files
i need .bak files for testing purpose. where can i get that files........
Help with Triggers
- I have to create 3 triggers for a table - INSERT, DELETE, and UPDATE.
The triggers will be used to update...
large object inBuffer cache alert
Can anbody advise on how to handle an alert that tells me i have a large object in the buffer...
- Is It possible To Identify A Table By Seeing it Whether It is Normalized Or Denormalized?
Advice on problems with "Client Processing Time"
I've encountered a strange problem on one of my test SQL Servers.
It is a VM box on a SAN,...
Is it possible to create tables Dynamically using Cursors from another table with csv values
- Have a Table with the CSV Values in the columns as below
ID Name text
1 SID,DOB 123,12/01/1990
2 City,State,Zip NewYork,NewYork,01234...
Help interpret SQLIO result
- Im trying to either prove or disprove that the slow front-end (web ui) performance is, in some part, attributed to...
Can full text search on a column in Multi Languages like En&Fr?
- I have a table column contains English and French. My FTS always returns something unexpected. I am not sure because...
CMDExec Proxy account not working with Domain Service Account...
- I'm working on migrating an existing Server 2003 / SQL 2005 system to Server 2008 R2 / SQL 2008 R2, and am...
Fixing Divide by Zero Error
I have in select statement select t1.A/t1.B but get divide by zero error
when I used with isnull isnull(t1.A/t1.B,'-')
I get error...
Is there a better way to insert data than Access?
- Is there a better tool to insert data into SQLserver than Access ?
For managers. Small number of people. Very limited...
option (maxdop 1)
- I've noticed some blocking sessions caused by the following SQL but it's nowhere to be found in my SP's and...
I am facing following interview questions. table i am having one column .That column records like following
Generate SSRS Report and then Email Report from a single Stored Procedure
- Can someone please offer assistance?
I need to create a Stored Procedure that will generate a SSRS reports a number...
convert tSQL mySQL to MSSQL
- Hi Guys need some help with converting this part of a query from MySQL, I need to run this on...
Find Serial number in sql string
- So i need to query Active directory and get all the computer based on certian OS type, no problem doing...
filter duplicate students via T-SQL
I need to filter for duplicate students:
For same student, if one or both instance/s of IDNo is null then do...
tsql query - Count the number of spaces in a string
- How do I write a query that tells me how many spaces (...or any character for that matter) are in...
How to find values in a comma delimeted string with len>3
- Hi everyone,
can you please help me with the following? I have a nvarchar column with data like this: ', 55,85,1,4,9888,6587,'
Slows system performance
- Dear All
I am running a process (updation/deletion/insert) of 2 million records. After some time this process makes my system very...
DB permissions on basis of application
A few users who has access to a database via a windows group which has modify rights, now also need...
Stored Procedures Execute Permissions
- My global office programmed all our stored procedures and it contains a lot of create/delete temp tables, truncate tables, update,...
SQL SERVER 2008 r2 cluster
- Hi everyone ,
i have a query regarding the SQL SERVER 2008 r2 clustering , we have now one cluster on the...
Oracle Virtual Machine and SQL Server 2012 Clustering
- Hello All,
My current project is running on Oracle Sun Fire x2-8 server and they have brought me in to...
Log Shipping Failover Test
I'm currently running some DR testing and have failed over a couple of databases to our DR site. Generally the...
SQL Performance Monitoring software
- Hey guys,
I'm looking for a good performance monitoring software for our sql servers. So far I was able to find...
How to Give User Access to another user
- [font="Verdana"]Hi All,
In Server I have 2 users one is MasterAccess and other one is ap. there are many tables but...
Database syncronization script for DR
- Hi All,
My client is planning to do a daily sycn using backup / restore script. weekly full backup follwed by daily...
TempDB on Amazon Ephemeral drives
- Has anybody used the EC2 Ephemeral drives as a location for their TEMPDB databases?
Normally I use a standard volume but...
- I am currently working on SSAS 2008.Gone through ebooks for understanding but never got proper indepth understanding of dimensions and...
Break the replication
I have configured the Transaction replication
Here i want to know how to break the transactional replication and i want re...
Transactin Log Issue
I am having issue with out Transaction logs as it's keep getting full even after shrinking the file.
We have Sql...
Index Maintenance Strategy
- Hi SQL-folks,
I've asked myself, what would be the best strategy to keep my indexes always optimal and up-to-date. What are...
Transactional replication issues
- Hello There,
I am new to this forum,
Could anyone help me with this questions please.
I am working in retail industry and...
SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 and KB2551254
I'm in process of installing several servers with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2. So far I've completed 5 of them...
70-461 - Done, but more difficult than expected
- Just passed the 70-461 SQL Developer Exam Today.
This exam is much harder than I expected.
Its quite syntax heavy, and asks...
Query XML which has multiple child and subchild
- Hi ,
We have a requirement in which we need to Query an XML which has child and sub child(structure mentioned...
crystal reports version 8 user guide
- I am looking for a Crystal Reports version 8 user guide. I have done an exhaustive google search with no...
Ok, so it sort of is about SQL....
- ...but this made me laugh today...
Seen in some production code:
LEFT OUTER JOIN [highlight="#ffff11"]Northwind[/highlight].dbo.orders_actioned ON scheme.opheadm.order_no = [highlight="#ffff11"]Northwind[/highlight].dbo.orders_actioned.order_no
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
- For the "Print" link on this site, can you remove the code that automatically brings up the print dialog? You...
Reporting Service Home Page
- Instead of getting the Reporting Service Home Page with the Content & Properties tab when clicking on a given URL, I...
Is it possible to bind a ServerReport to a ADO.Net Datasource?
- I'm kind of new to Reporting Services, so bear with me. But as we use it now we write reports...
PowerPivot intergration to Sharepoint
I am new to reporting but I have a report in Power Pivot which is using a stored procedure to...
One Dataset populating multiple Reports
- Good Morning
I have a stack of data and I want to be able to create a single report, this report...
SSRS Report Model Forms Authentication for Web Access and model filtering
- We have clients wishing to build custom reports on their data.
Is there a way where we can give them a...
Textbox fill color based on textbox value
I have a report with a series of textboxes. The value of the textboxes is based on the month and...
Drill down Report...Remove the Expand (+) and Collapse (-) button for some groups
I have implemented a Drill down upto 3 levels. First level is Continents... when a Continent is expanded.... Countries in...
ssis data flow task taking an extremely long time .
- Hello everyone .
I have a log table that I am planning to import from my Transaction Database to my reporting...
How to avoid technically the null values while concatenating columns
In SSIS by using dervied column i manipulate fields and end up in my desired results.
But for an record if...
SSIS package failure on renameing files Error code: 1073548540
I am getting following error when package is executed from BIDS:
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An...
Ho to Use multiple conditions in Xpath ?
- Hi guys,
New to Xpath. Was trying to use XML task to load some values. Using Microsoft' XML inventory mentioned below.
Excel Source DT_NTEXT Problem
- i am trying to load the data from excel files and facing problem in Text data.
Excel source in SSIS tries...
SSIS Data Flow Task Crashing
- I have a simple data flow task that moves logging events from one database to another. It pulls log events...
How can I sum these values to only show total YTD during selected period until today´s date?
- with member Measures.Today as vba!dateadd("yyyy", -1, vba!Now())
member Measures.FirstDayOfCurrentMonth as
+"-01-"+Cstr(vba!Year(vba!dateadd("yyyy", -1, vba!Now()))))
member [Measures].[YTD] as
select [Measures].[Belopp] on columns,
Retrieving the ALL member only
I have a problem with retrieving the ALL member.
With MDX executed from SSMS, it returns the 'All' value into a...
- Anyone else using this product??? I am using version 8.1.2 and I have to say it is extremely comprehensive and...