Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Cannot generate SSPI context. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
Suggest me to resolve this issue please…
For some reason SQL service account password changed and from that point I am...
Very strange behaviour - Multiple Exec plans - Attached is the complete code
- I have been battling for weeks on this issue, i was able to resolve the issue but i don't the...
Index Rebuild Taking too Long?
- I have an instance running the following version:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3042.00 (X64) Feb 10 2007 00:59:02 Copyright (c)...
ANSI to UTF-8 conversion
- I am running a .bat file that runs a SQL script that extracts data from a SQL Server database and...
about storing sql script in a table?
Can i store the database creation script in a table call the script in stored procedure to create new...
Database in Recovery Pending State
- One of my databases is in [b]Recovery pending[/b] state. I tried to run an Alter command on the database to...
SAP configuration for SQL SERVER 2005
- Hi All,
Can someone tell me how to configure SAP with SQL SERVER 2005 to integrate on.Is there any doc on...
Loading Fact Tables - Step by Step Instructions Challenge
- Dear All,
This is my first Data warehouse project and I am having serious problems loading my fact table.
Sample Insurance Data warehouse
- Hi guys,
I am looking for a sample data warehouse for insurance company in order to have a solid starting point.
how to List out all tables indexes having index fragmentation more than 50% of databases.
- HI to every one
can any one guide me to find out this
if any incident occurred in sql server...
Japanese characters as question marks
I'm having a bit of a strange issue with Japanese characters.
1) They're in the Excel file I'm importing.
Queue reader aborting
- Hi all,
This is my detailed error.
[b]The Queue Reader Agent has encountered the error
"Row handle is invalid". when connecting to...
Unspecified error MS visual database tools
- Hi, i am using sql server management studio 2005 express, and every time i try to open a table in...
I am getting learn to post,am i correct now??????? What will be your reply for this???????
- --===== If the test table already exists, drop it
IF OBJECT_ID('TempDB..#mytable','U') IS NOT NULL
DROP TABLE #mytable
--===== Create the test table...
Undeleatable record (on linked table)
I've got a system made up of a SQL 2005 backend and an Access front-end. The front-end only holds the...
QuickBooks to SQL Server
- Does anyone have any ideas of ways to communicate between SQL Server and Quickbooks? I have found a couple of...
address management software
- Does anyone know of any address management software that is compliant with sql server 2000, i.e. for record duplication and...
cmdexec step running and not doing anything
I have a job in which one step is of type cmdexec, Agent history shows the step ran successfully with duration...
Row count per filegroup
I have a partitioned table and its spread on filegroups monthly.
My question is how do i find out how many...
I have been running the DBTA on a database to get some recommendations, I have the results, nothing has been...
Alternative for Excell (Access).
- Dear reader,
[b]It's not difficult to convince any manager; that storage in SQL-server would be a good idea. But because of...
Weekly report through whole year
- Hi there
I have 2 tables and sample data:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[tblProduct](
[ProductID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[Name] [varchar](50) NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT [PK_tblProduct] PRIMARY...
SSIS - Format issue in sending message through MSMQ task
I am trying to send some messages to a public MSMQ through the SSIS package using MSMQ task.
I want to...
Query CPU du session
- Hi I need your help,
someone know what queries use to obtain : the charge of CPU due to sessions and...
I have made a stored procedure with a cursor:
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
-- Author: <Author,,Name>
-- Create date: <Create Date,,>
-- Description: <Description,,>
SQL query help
- hi guy i need help with a query!!!
basically i have a table with l01 and 109
table looks a little like...
Divide by zero error message
- Dear All,
I'm getting the following error message Msg 8134, Level 16, State 1, Procedure "stored procedure name", Line 149
NOLOCK and PAGELATCH_SH
- I'm troubleshooting a latch contention issue at the moment. One of the symptoms operations noted during the incident itself was...
Partitioning Tables - Querying Question.
I hope someone can answer a question I was asked but was not sure about.
If you partition a table...
SQL Server Error Log stops logging activities of the server
- Hi Guys.
Is it normal that SQL Server Error Log stops logging server activities like backup operations, errors? Though server activities...
How to Put results of FISQL in file
- Hi ,
I need help :
I have two machines: one with my sql server and the other with a CENTOS.
Multiple tables in a Report
- Hey guys,
I have a challenge in displaying the database server health statistics with a minimum refresh rate (about 5-30 seconds)....
Sql Jobs steps
- Hello I have a several SQL JObs I need to run in sequence. For some reason when I run a...
DBCC on a detached MDF file
I am by no means above a SQL novice, but I am trying to figure out if there is a...
- Hi everyone
I have a report in SSRS which contains the paramater @Region. The paramater allows for multiple selections and...
Convert IP address to Binary (32)
I am trying to convert an IP address from regular format (184.108.40.206) to binary 32-bit format (00011000001101111011101111001011).
Can someone please help...
I am trying to automate my code by restoring once a week database from one server to another, this is...
Get data from 3 or more tables
- I have tables with following definition'
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[items](
[srno] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[itemname] [nvarchar](255) NULL,
[unitsymbol] [nvarchar](50) NULL,
[itemtype] [nvarchar](50) NULL,
[purchaseledger] [int] NULL,
Ignoring timeout in stored procedure
- I know that this might cause a lot of suggestions about query optimization and such, but I have a somewhat...
- Hello - When a column is defined as a uniqueidentifier does that mean that the value is unique compared to all...
Need help on Powershell for SQL 2008 R2
- Folks ,
I created powershell script to be used with SQL 2008 which uses Invoke-sqlcmd . The script runs fine on SQL...
SSIS list file names in directory
- Hello All,
I am trying to create an SSIS package that will look at a directory, get a list of all...
Parallel Data Warehouse for OLTP
Is Parallel Data Warehouse feature of SQL Server 2008 R2 targeted only for OLAP/BI impementations?
Can we use it for hosting...
Adding to Sales Quantities
I have a table that forecasts our Sales for the upcoming year. It contains the following columns: Year (DATE),...
PIVOTing multiple columns?
- I'm working on a PIVOT, and I can't see to get it to work. Here is the PIVOT query:
Initial size for TempDb data and Log file?
We have installed SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 instance and it's having Share Point 2010 databases.
We have 2 dedicated drives...
Restore/Backup minimal permissions
- We use Netbackup for our SQL servers to backup and restore databases. I would like the service account used by...
Not able improve the performace of the query used in SSRS report
- I have used the below query in SSRS report but it is not at all rndring data.Can you plese help/guide...
How to script table data with either TSQL or Powershell?
I can use GUI of the MS to script out data from a table. Is this possible using either Powershell...
Replace Data in a String Based on Data in Table In line Query
- Hi All,
I trying to update a String based on the Inline View.
-1 * [SAL] - [BON] - [COMM]
In Line Query:
Select * from TABLE
t-sql trimming before and after stored proc name
I have requirement to get only stored proc name and trim everything before and after stored procedure name. Here...
Migration from MSDE (SQL2K) to SQLEXPRESS (SQL2K8) - Query Performance Degradation
- I have migrated some databases from MSDE (SQL2K) to SQLEXPRESS (SQL2K8)
Just using the backup and restore functions provided and made...
DATABASEPROPERTYEX and the IsSubscribed property
- Hi All,
When trying to examine if a database is a subscriber, I am trying to use DATABASEPROPERTYEX like:
select DATABASEPROPERTYEX ( 'SubscriberDB'...
CTE - Temp table - CROSS APPLY
- I had some free time at work and was trying out some silly queries when I came across this.
Broadcast calender generator
- Hi guys,
Did anyone ever have to create a function/stored procedure that would take a date as an input and generate...
sql trigger problem
- I am trying to write my first trigger on a sql server 2008 r2 database.
I keep getting a procedure error...
How To Validate in Procedure
- I Created a one Procedure ..its given Below...
[code="sql"]create procedure [dbo].[USP_Reliance_Master_Upload]
declare @dt datetime , @Mnth varchar(10)
Need better solution to Import from Oracle
- I maintain BI that needs to import the data from Oracle every day. I use the import wizard to create...
How calc change in value over several records for different categories
- Test data
IF OBJECT_ID('tempdb..#priceData') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #priceData;
create table #priceData(symbol varchar(10), quote_date [datetime],close_price [decimal](6,2))
INSERT INTO #priceData (symbol, quote_date, close_price)...
Inserting into an auto increment PK field
- i have a table as follows
ColA PK autoincrement
and i have to insert values into this...
timeline in cross-tab??
- Hello experts,
My problem is as follows. On one hand I have got the beginning and end date of a tournement,...
Temp Table Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition
- Hi all,
Starting to play around with PBM and found an example of using DBCC LOGINFO.
When i copy the...
Slows system performance
- Dear All
I am running a process (updation/deletion/insert) of 2 million records. After some time this process makes my system very...
Using Differentials to set up mirroring
- Ive set up mirroring many times with a full backup and a log backup or two.
Someone mentioned recently that you...
SQL Server 2008 R2 cluster with default instance
I have a server with two instances: one default and one named using SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise on
Log shipping Monitor server
What is the threshold limit to configure log shipping in monitor server?
We have configured successfully around 1107 databases in one...
unique constraint on a large column
- I have a table with a column of NVARCHAR(2000) in size.
There is a requirement to ensure the data in the...
Create DML trigger for single table in SQL 2008 and send email alert to group
i have a requirement to Create DML trigger for single table ( check for any updates ) in SQL 2008 and send...
Transactional replication not replicating one table properly
I've 2008 R2 transactional replicatin establishe. One table is cauing an issue which is out of sync by 30K rows...
Here are some details of structure before I state the problem:
Table Employee (dummy name) is of size 750GB on SQL...
SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 and KB2551254
I'm in process of installing several servers with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2. So far I've completed 5 of them...
SQL 2K8 Edition Upgrade?
I want to upgrade SQL 2008 enterprise edition from standard edition.
what are the points should take care before and after...
Obscure Replication Error
- I've had multi-terabyte transactional replication going for a couple years now, for the most part things flow quite smoothly with...
Moving the SQL Server error logs, SQL Agent logs, and Full-Text logs
- Ok, during the installation of SQL Server 2008 R2 (Enterprise x64) I changed the "Data root directory" thinking it would...
Log shipping and CDC
- I come seeking the wisdom of the collective. I have searched to no avail to try and understand the implication...
changing directory in .bat files
- Hi All,
I am trying to use to compress some backup files with the 7zip program.
I am able to compress the...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Jasper Smith's SSRS Scripter
- Anyone happen to have this tool handy? I used in the past to successfully migrate a 2005 SSRS instance to...
Enable back DB Mirroring
- Hi Everyone,
I Have disabled database mirroring on principal server using below command for restoring database over a mirrored database because...
films database (yeah, yeah, hear me out!)
- I've done a fair bit of Googling and asking dba friends, but I wanted to see what some of you...
Question Regarding Implementing a Work Schedule Table
I have a question pertaining to the best way to design/add an addition to a database. The specs that I'm...
SSIS performance Insert Update and Delete
- This is a bit of a hybrid question between T-SQl and SSIS
I am looking at using CDC to load a...
Connection string problem.
- Hi All,
Can we connect with the database which resides in cloud?
Appreciate if anybody help on this.
SQL server agent job fails
I have a SSIS package that picks up csv files from a shared folder on daily basis and load the...
SSIS FIlter conditions
I have a csv flat file with data from 2009 until date. I wanna restrict 2009 - 2011 data from flat...
Row count difference between flat file source and sql table
- I have an SSIS package that imports flatFile data to a table. The package has error output for flat file...
SSIS doesn't import TXT file
- I'm trying to do import of that TXT file
into that table
via this DTSX
Surprisingly, it gives me no error at all...
Data Warehouse Development Process
I am trying to create a simple yet robust development lifecycle for my organization. I do not want to...
Fact/Dimension design suggestions
- I'm from Higher Education and I'm working on a warehouse so our recruitment folks can compare application counts of certain...
How to Monitor SSAS
- We migrated from 2005 to 2008 and have several cubes. Despite having a better server, our performace has gone way...
Computing on a cube?
I'm totally new on computing on SSAS, and quite new to SSAS in general.
I'd like to get some index...