Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Query with high lob logical reads / read-ahead reads
I have a table with a column of image data type. Our application fires queries at this table, retrieving the...
Alerting on session count
Does anyone know how I could create an alert on a database when a particular number of connected sessions is...
Reg:Sqlserver Named Instance
1) How to set a static port in sql server named instance?
PLease help me
Linked server provider is not accessable
I am using SQL SERVER 2005 Standard Edition 64 BIT with Service pack 3. From past few days I...
Process currently not released
- We have a peculiar issue in SQL Server 2005. When we try to access the Providers under linked servers in...
Query Multiple Databases
I am a newbe database admin and I have been tasked to run queries against multiple databases. Each server has...
quick question about all indexes for my DB
- hello guys, i am trying to get a list of all my indexes in my databases,
i followed this article...
- I installed Redgate Backup5 on Windows 2003 + SQL Server 2005 with SP4.But I am not able to see sql backup...
Loading Fact Tables - Step by Step Instructions Challenge
- Dear All,
This is my first Data warehouse project and I am having serious problems loading my fact table.
Access to the path in [File System Task]
- Hi All,
I am facing this given below issue
"[i][File System Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Access...
Microsoft Neural Network Algorithm (SSAS)
- I've just been asked about the [i]Microsoft Neural Network Algorithm [/i]in SSAS. I read BOL ([url]http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174941.aspx[/url]), but was in over...
Barcode 128 generator (using scalar function)
- I'm looking for a barcode generating Function that uses the standard Code128. Apparently no function that fixes this has been...
Moving prod DBs from local disk to SAN with absolute minimal downtime
I have a number of production databases that are currently on the local disk on the server. We have recently...
Transaction Log Growing due to Pending Transaction (Replication)
- SQL Server 2005 SP4 with Transactional replication.
I have this Database Log, which keeps growing due to a Pending transaction in...
moving data from SSIS to As400 using IBM DB2 UDB OLEDB provider, failing due to special symbol – endash ANSI value 0150
I am getting error while moving data from SSIS dataflow task using provider "IBM DB2 UDB for iseries IBMDASQL OLEDB...
SSIS 0xC020801e Connection Manager Issue
- I have a job that runs nightly.
Intermittently it gets Code: 0xC020801E ---The connection manager "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for...
Ideas on resolving error -- "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA".
- Hi I am running a large dtsx package and in a data flow task I am getting the following error...
Pushing data to an AS400
- In SQL Server 2000 I can easily push data to our AS400 using an ODBC connection - which then uses the...
I need syntax to get the all the values of one employee from the employee table, in a single...
Update Query - The table x is ambiguous
I am attempting to write a query to update the cost of an item, based on the cost of an...
Undeleatable record (on linked table)
I've got a system made up of a SQL 2005 backend and an Access front-end. The front-end only holds the...
Backup Log cannot be performed because there is no current database backup
- I have a job that runs every two hours starting at 7 AM and ending at 5 to back up...
Scalar function result into temp table column
- Recently I found that I could not have the return of scalar function as part of an update statement on...
Our monitoring tool has reported that blocking on prodution
i checked the details
one user is running adhoc query on standalone database(not...
How to NOT match on an exception list
- If I have a table of Products that have a ProductName and I have a table of ProductNames that I...
Prepared vs AdHoc - Plan Cache ObjType
- I would think that this would be an easy find with google... However, I have not found anything useful. So,...
Tracking a change to the notifications on an Agent job
- Hi everyone,
So I've had someone change the notifications, specifically the Page: nofitication on all agent jobs on our production server....
Joining with large table
- Good morning. I have been working on a faster solution for some time, and thought I had it. I have...
- I created a linked server and use it to select data from one server to another.
Is there another way except...
WHERE > CASE > IN
I'm using MONTH and YEAR functions to match on current month and current year. If the Month is 12 (December)...
Error while moving model database
- I have moved the model database by using following method
1. For each file to be moved, run the following statement.
- I am new to SQL server and currently using Access 2007. I am just wondering could someone attach a screen...
Link Server Connection
I am working in Medical college campus.They have 5 server in our campus.
I have done a Port for...
- Hi all, I have to check a condition that if I entered correct first and last voucherno then only it...
SQL to transpose data using the Formula from a Different table.
- Hi Team,
I have a Complex requirement.
NAME PAYMENT_TYPE PAYMENT
SUDHIR SAL 30.3
SUDHIR ADV 10.3
SUDHIR ALL_1 10
SUDHIR ALL_2 10
SUDHIR ALL_3 10
MADHAV SAL 34
MADHAV ALL_1 24
MADHAV BONUS 10
SQL Server 2008R2 Memory
- Good Day.
We are running an SQL Server 2008R2 ent 64 Bit on a server with 200 gig of memory . At...
- HI All,
The table is not using the specified fillfactor after rebuild the index.
Please find the attached doc, where i have...
Is it really unused index?
Can you confirm, Is it really unused index?
UserSeek - 16951
UserScans - 11803
UserUpdates - 62992
Pushing Data from T-SQL to Visual Studio While Debugging
- I am debugging my T-SQL code in Visual Studio ... is it possible for me to write something in my Transact-SQL...
Help on building a pivot query
Am having difficulty writing a pivot query as am pretty new to this. In the attached word document I have...
Moving MSDB database
- When i am trying to shift msdb database from it's default path(C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA) to another drive(E:\). After shifting...
Convert file from ANSI to UNICODE
- Currently, we generate file in ANSI. Is there a setting we need to change to generate files in UNICODE? or...
Char(9) to Time
I have a column that's char(9) and effectively stores time. This is a sample of the data;
How to Seperate number from a text
Here is my scenario, i have set a data in my column
SBA 60 OFF 19.99 NOW 7.99
SBA 50 OFF 99.99...
*MAY* need to switch DBs from Full Recovery to Simple, due to backup space issues...
- First and foremost, I'm working with our backup admin to find a better solution for the problem, that won't require...
Migration detail for SQL SERVER 2000 TO SQL SERVER 2012
i need help for migration the coding in sql server 2000 to sql server 2012 . regarding this what are the...
Corruption - Renaming of system data databases to ldf :(
This morning a made a proper boo boo while building a new SQL Server 2008 R2 install. After the installation...
Publishing and accessing SQL Server 2008 Reports
- I 'm new to SQL Server database and I need help. I 'm trying to publish sql reports for users...
Omnibackup.exe backup got failed while trying through this setup.
- In SQL Server,to talk a backup for various databases from various server we are using omnibackup setup to execute SQL...
- Whats the best way to copy logins, users, logins with password along with exact status of enable/disable from source 2008...
While executing query getting error
- Hi All,
When ever i am executing the query getting below error, if i use "Result in Grid"
error :- [b]An error...
HOW TO FIND A VALUE IN ALL COLUMN OF ALL TABLE IN A db.
- HI ALL,
As i Have a task to find 9 digit value in all column of all table in a DB...
Searching stored procedure for table name but ignoring comments
- Hi All,
Thanks to others who have posted helpful tips I have a way of searching through stored procedures to list...
T-SQL Variable vs String Equivalent
- Got a question with some coding standards. There are developers declaring a variable to a constant value and using that...
Inserting missing records using multiple fields as the key
I have a complex problem that I'm pretty sure should have a very simple solution. If I could just find...
Confused selecting Info From Two DB
- i have two database AgencyDB(primary DB) and AgencyBackupDB(Deleted Info from AgencyDB by user) and i have this three table in...
Passing Multiple Values As Parameters to get Multiple Columns with Comma Seperation(MSSQL)
- Create procedure temp
[MonthValue]=(CASE WHEN @MID=1 THEN Jan
WHEN @MID=2 THEN Feb
WHEN @MID=3 THEN Mar
WHEN @MID=4 THEN...
Function for similar phrases
- Hi All,
Is there any built in function available for checking the similarity of the phrases
eg: US Eastern District Court...
- [code="other"]I need a query to get the expected output
stguid stuName studwor stid
------------------------ ----------------- ----------------- -----------
642-4d5d-9af0-4c7a18dd ChrisName Chris 255
4171-8655-2de255b88e08 ChrisCity SAN City 179
pull out all values within an XML column
- i'm wondering if something like this is possible in some way:
OriginalSchema.value('Form/Codes/code[' + convert(varchar(10),y.myNum) + ']','varchar(max)'),
* from (
ROW_NUMBER() over(partition by id...
Checking to see if a time is between two times
- Hi all,
I'm trying to break down events by hour of day as 00-23.
So if an event has a duration of...
timeline in cross-tab??
- Hello experts,
My problem is as follows. On one hand I have got the beginning and end date of a tournement,...
synonyms for table column
- Dear All
The way we hide the tbale name from user by using the synonyms. Is there a way to hide...
Two basic MySQL questions
- Due to my lack of expertise with MySQL I have two rather basic questions.
I use this query to give me...
Temp Table Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition
- Hi all,
Starting to play around with PBM and found an example of using DBCC LOGINFO.
When i copy the...
How to get difference between two dates in days and hours?
- Hi, I'm looking code to find difference between two dates in days and hours.
date1: 2013-04-07 14:45:41.013 - date2: 2013-04-05 10:45:41.013
auto foreign key generation
- I created a table using the statement below in one of my databases (database1). The table is to be updated...
Slows system performance
- Dear All
I am running a process (updation/deletion/insert) of 2 million records. After some time this process makes my system very...
Importing data via ODBC (from mozaic) to SQL
- Good Day Ladies/Gents
I was wondering how I would go about importing data from a data source (mozaic) in the same...
Moving Mirror mdf and ldf files to another drive
- I'm currently running SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with 3 servers in an active / passive / witness high availability mirror.
Seeking some guidance on the use of Log Shipping in SQL Server 2008
- I have recently taken on responsability for the database part of our Sharepoint solution. From looking at the documentation there...
Log shipping Monitor server
What is the threshold limit to configure log shipping in monitor server?
We have configured successfully around 1107 databases in one...
Do I have to pay for Microsoft's support?
- Yesterday was a long day for me. My SQL2012 Cluster went down and the root cause was the iSCSI initiator...
Moving data file
- For a db involved in db mirroring, what steps do I take to move its data and log file to...
SQL Server 2008 Link Server Connection Error
I am working in Medical college campus.They have 5 server in our campus.
I have done a Port for SQL 1433...
sql server how to split a mirrored db on to multiple devices
- Say I have a large production mirrored 1TB DB that resides on a single MDF device and I would like...
SQL Server silent installation - problem with cleartext passwords
We are planning to install SQL 2008 on over a large number of servers using the silent installation technique....
Insert into a table when new record
I would need help from a programming front...
I guess this is probably done via trigger but not sure how to...
Growing Log Files
- I am intermediate in database admin. Please give me your solution for this issue.
Size of my db is growing...
SSIS - Database Transfer Wizard - @flags parameters is not valid
- I'm trying to use copy database wizard to make a copy of a SQL Server 2005 database (9.0.3042) on a...
Version Store isolation levels confusion
- Hi All
I used the below query to assess which databases have produced records in the version store
[code="sql"]select distinct db_name(database_id)...
Ocassional rare "Self-Commit" with ADO .NET and SQL Server 2008
We've got a production environment with SQL Server 2008 R2 using VB .NET code and .NET Framework 3.5., our database...
Encrypting files with PGP
- While this is not related to sql server I imagine that many database administrators have had to deal with this...
- This thread has been long overdue. Post anything related to snowboarding: your number of days, your gear, new purchases, upcoming...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
SSRS 2012 - deprecated Report Model Designer - What is replacement?
I hope someone can tell me what is the replacement for Report Model Designer now that it's been deprecated by...
value in middle of indicator
- Is it possible to have a Value in middle of indicator color:
I have set up an indicator that changes color...
Jasper Smith's SSRS Scripter
- Anyone happen to have this tool handy? I used in the past to successfully migrate a 2005 SSRS instance to...
Unmerge Parent-Grouped Data
- Before I get a whole lot of hate for this, please know that I do not like this data-set either....
Drill through VS slice and dice
- Hi all,
Is Dill through and slice and dice are same? Are any one please explain what is drill through...