Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
guidence concerning pivot table
i have a table which looks like this:
custid item date amount
1 3 1-1-2013 1
1 2 1-1-2013 2
2 4 1-2-2013 2
2 4 1-2-2013 1
and i want to make it look like this:
date item1 item2 item3
1 2 0 1
1 3 1 1
1 4 1 1
2 5 1 1
2 1 1 1
2 4 1 1
I have a table - how to lock my table not to INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE plz answer me...
SSIS and dealing with embedded double quotes and coma
- I posted my problem in other thread also but no go, I think this is the right forum to post...
troubleshooting sql server 2000 slowness
- Hi for few days i am going to work at client side which has sql server 2000. I am knew...
Publishing and accessing SQL Server 2008 Reports
- I 'm new to SQL Server database and I need help. I 'm trying to publish sql reports for users...
split fixed width row into multiple rows in SSIS
- I Have a fixed width flat file and that needs to be loaded into multiple oracle tables(one row need to...
TRIM and Date Format question
- I have tried using the TRIM function in the below query to remove a leading zero in the Department Code...
Newbie (Know-nothing-bie:) Needs Urgent Assistance with SQLExpress
- I have very little experience with SQL other than using it. I am a hardware tech. But I do have...
Eliminate FileGroup and move contents to Primary FG
- Hi there,
I'm looking for some guidance on how to resolve something I've been tasked with.
I am working on a DB...
Unplanned outages causing bankruptcy
- * I wasn't sure where to ask this throughout the forum, so I decided here was best. *
For my thesis in...
Low Procedure Cache Hit Rate means no use of stored procedures?
- Hi everyone. I'm not really understanding how the procedure cache works in SQL Server 2008 R2.
I have 100GB ram allocated...
SSIS question on CSV Import
- Many people may have faced this problem and I searched many solutions but somehow I could not hit the right...
How to preserve global temporary table data
- Hi guys,
I would like to know if anyway to preserve global temporary table data till some one explicitly drop it....
Multiple order by in a result set
- I have a specific requirment where a table contains a column called ‘Empno’ with the values 12, 34, 3, 78,...
Problem having restoring database backup file on secondary server
- Hi for last two days at one of our client side we have been trying figure out a why its...
Cursor in Stored Procedure
I am a SQL newbie and need to update code in a Stored Procedure that has a cursor. Is it...
- Hi there, hope in your help.
In my DB I've two tables: TABLE_LONG and TABLE_SHORT.
The two tables are equal but in...
Columns to be included in Index
- Dear All
I have one table with millions of rows, with columns as Id, stringcol1,stringcol2,Bigintcol3,numericcol4
Primary key is Id.
Index created on stringcol1
New San/Compellent testing
- I need to create a query that will execute for 20 minutes or more so that connectivity and redundancy can...
Obtaining Before & After Record & Missing Record.
- I have a database that has two tables. On table is a date table that has all of the possible...
Cannot use the special principal "dbo"
In one of our servers, there was a created a login name = <domain>\FarmA
This was assigned as username = 'dbo' to one...
Can I strictly limit access to database ?
I'm new in SQL Server administration however I need to make some major modifications in my SQL Server database. There...
Version Change in Change Tracking
If any INSERT, Update OR delete operation happens in the table than a new version (SYS_CHANGE_VERSION) will get created or...
Script to calculate when a job ended.
- I need to alter the script listed below to calculate the DateTime that the Job completed and sort on the...
Ive just ordered the book: Querying SQL Server 2012 Training Kit. I am planning to take the exam 70-461 within...
Id like to take this exam and looking for some good prep.. My T-SQL skills are basic at present...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
5 parameters in a report
- Hi All, I'm creating a basic report with 5 parameters. I want to populate the drop down menu of the...