Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Database User and Roles Script Extract Needed
- I'm looking for a script that extracts the code to create users and granted roles per database. I've found partials...
full and differential backup
when i am taking full backup and i am restoring full back up
i am getting error like "the database...
I cannot import SSIS package into MSDB folder.
I am working on SSIS and created integrated services project and saved them under a new folder.
I want to...
Split strings alternative to XML
- Hi guys,
For some performance considerations, we would like to try alternative to the code below.
Anyone could help on how to...
SQL 2005 Mirroring Power Loss (No Witness)
We have a basic SQL Mirroring setup with 2 servers with No Witness or Automatic Failover.
I have some questions about...
Reorganze index and Statistics
- Looking for some clearer answers here...
we have quite large databases 1TB+ and we are doing nightly Reorganize of our index....
Indexes with Include
- I am performance tuning a database for a client. I have used several methods to identify tables that could use...
SSIS Child package file locking issue
- I'm calling a child package in a for each loop from the parent, the child loads data from a flat...
SSIS unique records load and keep the duplicate records in another text file
- Hi ,
I have been given an task to load a text file to a database which is simple but the...
Foreach Loop (Text Files as Flat File Source and Excel files as Excel File Destination)
I'm pretty new to SSIS. Is it possible if I already have those existing text files (a_points.txt, b_points.txt, c_points.txt) and...
"Could not bulk load because SSIS file mapping object 'Global\DTSQLIMPORT' could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).
- I've created a set of SSIS packages which run fine in our test environment. The packages access a SQL server...
Is it Possible to renumber a Identity Column?
we have a table that is fairly large and get many inserts and deletes.. and basically the identity column...
Buffer cache hit ratio ( week)
- Hi everybody , I need your help please :
I want to create a graph to show the progression of the "buffer...
mutation in Trigger
- Hi Team,
Am a sql developer and new to oracle, i was assinged a trigger for
am having two tables
Table1 : Test
Cols : ID...
Using CASE in real world examples
I am new to this forum.
I am using Microsoft Access 2010, which includes SQL.
Here's my problem:
What I want to do...
select case with multiple
- Here is my scenario, The user puts in a customerID, possible start and end date and selects a status from...
add image dynamically in crystal report
i want add image dynamically in report
skipping reboot check while installing sql server and remove command line appearing during install
- While i am installing sql server 2008r2 by using configuration file sometimes i am getting error in instillation due to...
Alerts not firing
- I have created an alert that listens for a specific error.
On that error being thrown, the alert is supposed to...
I need to write a SQL SELECT stmt that puts the results out to a CSV file in SQL 2008
- I need to write a SQL SELECT stmt that puts the results out to a CSV file in SQL 2008....
Covering Index help
- Is there a difference between a 'covering' index and an index with 'included' columns - or is that exactly what a...
Batch job to update a SP on independent machines
- We have 20+ machines that are running SQL 2008 Express. We need to add a SP & table and update existing...
some one write query for this problem
- I have a table that contain a row
table name = PMInfo
i want output like that
1 , jay
1 , raj
CDC and Change Tracking
What are the difference between CDC and Change Tracking?
Which is more efficient and less resource consuming.
Is there is a...
Settings for All sprocs
- I want to SET NOCOUNT ON
For all Sprocs in my db.
Is this a manual task or can this be...
2 couloms from 2 dates
- I have rows of 2 dates and data
i would like to sum one date into one Coulomb the other to...
How to find SSIS Version
Can any one please let me know how to find the version of SSIS that is runnning on the server.
code for store image in sql
i want to store image in sql
Publication and Subscription issues over 2 domains on WAN
- Good Morning Ladies and Gents,
I am struggling to win with Publications and Subscriptions.
The situation is as follows, A client of...
how i can save image in sql server 2008
hi every one
i am using vb 6.0 and i want to save my image in sqlserver 2008 how can i...
Find out The column list which are referenced by paricular table in stored procedure using DMV
- How to find out The column list which are referenced by paricular table in stored procedure using DMV
There is insufficient memory available in the buffer pool.
- Please help me.
I m try to import data from csv to table using bulk insert but it gives me insufficient...
Find a word in a String
- How do I find a word in string? That word stands by itself
In this example, CD is the word, it...
Error in application when started by SQL server agent
- I' running SQL server 2008R2.
I have a C# app that accesses a database and then constructs and sends an...
how to group using cases
i need to group people who weight more less than 200 ordered by age (from the oldest to the youngest),...
Existing While Loop
- I'm looking at some code from a project that is not performing very well, and I've noticed that they have...
Space between parameters in reporting services
I am stuck with an issue which relates to managing space between parameters. I have a multi-value parameter with values...
The delivery extension for this subscription could not be loaded.
- Hi All,
I have a single SSRS report which is set with a daily (weekday) subscription. Randomly I get the...
SQL Query Confusion
I have 2 tables
Table Member with columns
A B C D
apple bread carrot Chocolate
Mango Begal Onion Candy
Table Util Columns
A B C...
data design considerations
- Scenario is that I want to have a primary key to identify a new entry in a main table. Call...
Optimal values needed for Server
Can any one tell me what these items are total cpu usage,context switches/sec,paging rate,network bandwidth utilization,disk queue length .Under what...
Enabling Trace Flag T1118
We are using Sql server 2008 R2 express. We heard enabling T1118 is good for tempdb contention.Somewhere it said...
Propagate view changes.
For security reasons, we have exact same view ( with same name) in different schemas based on different clients. Now if...
Is DBCC CHECKDB an appropriate weekly check for a 365x24x7 availability db?
- We have a db that has a mission critical website sitting on top of it. We check it weekly with...
Monitor SSIS Job
- We have a SQL Job that calls an SSIS package. This package used to take about 10 minutes to run....
- Any article/guidance/experiences on Migrating application data from Iseries to SQL Environment using SSIS as well as wherescape? thanks.
sys.objects$ (with a Dollar sign)
- I was wondering why there wasn't a sys.functions view similar to sys.procedures,sys.tables and sys.objects.
if you run [b]exec sp_helptext sys.procedures[/b] in...
ssms connect to database engine hangs
- After installing Oracle 11g client on our server I can no longer connect to SSMS database engine. I can connect...
MS SQL + MS Visual Studio VS Wherescape RED
- Have you ever heard of or used Wherescape RED to do the data warehouse developing? The fact is it is...
Combine multiple combinations to one
The following test condition :
IF object_id('tempdb..#testEnvironment') IS NOT NULL
DROP TABLE #testEnvironment;
CREATE TABLE #testEnvironment ([Sample_ID] INT, [Rep_ID] INT, [Result] VARCHAR(20))
Just a random observation with 'WITH'
- Following is my observation with 'WITH'
I executed the below query
[code="sql"]SELECT * FROM Sales.SalesOrderDetail (NOLOCK)[/code]
Which run sucessfully
now i execute the below query
- Hi Guys,
Here is the e.g. I am using TABLEA.ID (as an e.g) in my SP.I am not...
How do i line up the weeks in T-SQL ?
- How do i line up the weeks ('Weeks-2013' and 'Weeks-2012') in T-SQL ?
Below is sample data to test with:
Reorder a custom order column
Been stuck on this for a little while and hoping that someone can help me figure out my logic problems.
Return 1 record with data from multiple tables
I have data in numerous tables. The first 2 tables are simple:
Each product links to a category. That part is...
Performance ISSUE by USING CURSOR HELP !!!!
- Hello Mate,
I have the following TSQL but I meet a performance issue on Phase 3. Phase 1 and Phase 2...
Error authenticating proxy
I've got a SQL Server 2008 job which ran ok yesterday but has fail today with an error message ' Error...
SQL Logical errors
- Hi All,
I need some one help me identify why am getting logical errors in the output of my query below....
Columns to be included in Index
- Dear All
I have one table with millions of rows, with columns as Id, stringcol1,stringcol2,Bigintcol3,numericcol4
Primary key is Id.
Index created on stringcol1
New San/Compellent testing
- I need to create a query that will execute for 20 minutes or more so that connectivity and redundancy can...
Reporting Service errors when deploying
- Thanks in advance for any help...
I have SS2k8R2 Developer with reporting and analysis services running. I'm learning to use Reporting...
Inserting and Retrieving images from SQL Server Database using vb6.0
i am having a one form in vb. i want to store and retrieve image in sql server 2008 ??
Restore verifyonly on the last backup
- Hi ,
Somebody can Help me :
I want a script to use 'restore verifyonly' command on the last full backup of...
SQL Server access violation
- Hi All,
My sql server crashed and I see the following error in my error log. I browsed the net got...
sql2008 port number changed
- not able to connect after changing the port number.
Buffer cache hit ration ( for week )
Hi everybody , I need your help please :
I want to create a graph to show the progression of the "buffer...
Availability and (simulation) using backup ( SQL SERVER)
- Hi everybody,
I want to know if the last backup is physically accessible and know what is spend if used...
Server doesn't accept connections from the web!
- I am making a VB.Net app that accesses my SQL Server, but when I try to run the app from...
transaction log size reduction
- Does backup of transaction log reduce the log file size or it is DBCC SHRINKFILE really make the size small?
Crippling high RAM usage, Googled SQL buffer-related usage doesn't show the issue
- I have an SQL Server 2008R2 server instance that is hitting the RAM ceiling and crippling the server.
- Server has...
Migrating Maintenance plans
Is it possible to migrate maintenance plans from 1 server to another server?
Catching culprits of high tempdb growth
We are facing issues with tempdb on our SQL server 2008 clustered instance. The SQL version is Microsoft SQL Server...
Loading Users into instance security
- We are moving from a server with SQL server 2005 to one with SQL server 2008. Is there any way...
Find SPID of Linked Server Call
- Hi SCC,
I have a stored procedure on server A that makes a linked server call to server B.... on server...
- I'm using Red-Gate Monitor tool to help me in managing our SQL Server. I see very frequently these two messages:...
Upgrading from 2008 to 2012
I have the MCTS in SQL2008 and want to upgrade to 2012.
Currently I have been unable to find...
- One of the Exam topics I find difficult to prepare for is performance tuning. The performance of any SQL instance...
How to study for MCSA SQL Server 2012
- Hey guys, I just decided upon a career change at the end of last year and want to become a...
Slave to 70-450!!
- Hi all, I'm in need of some advice from some learned peeps regarding study material etc for my 70-450 exam.
What does Microsoft Update do?
- For MS SQL Server, what does the Microsoft Update tool actually update?
I had assumed that it would update the version...
So How Do You do your mass Mailings?
- Once a year I help out a local non profit promote their annual event. This is the third year for...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
add image in report
i have three reports and three images and i want to add that three images in that three reports how...
I wanted to put a parameter by default DATE of yesterday?
How do I create the Format
I am using expressions for the first time in SSRS. Eventually i want to design a dashboard.
I am testing an...
Error: "The item '/Data Sources' already exists."?!
I'm the new guy that was tasked with creating a new report.
I've created the report and viewed it. It looks...
Repeating TABLE Header on each page of the report when you print the exported to excel report.
I have generated the report and looks fine. But while printing the QA Smile wants the report headers(TABLE HEADERS) need...
Corrupted File is getting processed
I am getting an issue while loading the data from .csv file to SQL Server table. My pacakge has flat...
64-bit driver for Excel
- My understanding is that the file structure for the 64bit and 32bit versions of Excel are the same in Office...
Developing SSIS Packages
- I'm tired of typing this question into Google and getting 1,389,456 wrong answers. So I thought to myself, "Why don't...
Experiences using Wherescape Red on SQL Server?
- I am struggling to find much content out online so I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their experiences...
SQL Server 2012 VLDB Data Warehouse Design Question
- Appreciate feedback to this question. I'm working on a design for VLDB that will be in the several TB size...
i have an mxd query that returns the data for yesterday (dynamic). what do i need to do to return...
Sum and Group Results - Date Comparison
- I am working on a MDX Dataset from a TFS2010 Cube (I Have also posted on the Team Foundation Server...