Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
- Where we would run SETSPN command for SQL Server ? -On DB Server on the domain controller ?
Update query is taking longer time
We had to delete huge data from one table and after that we rebuild indexes associated with this table then...
Change in Recovery Model
In my Datawarehouse project(implemented 2 yrs back) we want to change the Recovery Model from Simple to Full.
What will be...
starting sql server
- can we restart the sql server in single user mode
if yes what will happen to server
Using Excel Connection Manager to connect to UNC Path
I am trying to connect to the UNC path , but am unable to connect to the Shared Drive, i...
Creating Real time DASHBOARDS
- Hi to all.
I work for a company that uses from 2005 , SSAS of MICROSOFT.
Now we are using SSAS 2008 R2...
Query to get list of SSIS packges in a Server
- Hi !
Is there any query to get the list of ssis Packages that reside in MSDB on a server ? Thanks...
SSIS 2012,Ecel 2010 excel source error connection manager
- Hi all,
Could not retrieve the table information for the connection manager 'Excel Connection Manager'.
Failed to connect to the source using...
Trigger i Oracle
- Hi Team,
Am new to Oracle, i need a trigger
i have a table named Stud:
Columns : ID, Stud_Name,
Another table named...
No data found error
- Hi all,
We get the below error when using order by clause in the select query using the linked server...
Metadata errors moving from Testing to Production
- Guys, I really need some life saving help on this one!
I have a package that uses Progress 10b OpenEdge ODBC...
SSIS and dealing with embedded double quotes
- Is there a way for SSIS to overlook embedded double quotes in the data so when I run my package...
ssis and ssrs interview questions
- can any one tell some interview questions in reporting service and integration service
on sql server 2005
please this is urgent...
SQL Query help
- I need help with the following SQL query:
select whoverified, whochecked AS 'userid', count(*) whoverified, count (*) whochecked
join users on rxproductivity.whoverified...
Best backup compression tools
- We are planning to buy backup compression tool, please suggest which one will be good. Thanks!!
create sql str with special condition
- create sql str with special condition
I have 2 table
Table a(code, price, check)
Table b(code, percent)
I want to create a sql string...
data design considerations
- Scenario is that I want to have a primary key to identify a new entry in a main table. Call...
restore database without overwriting users
- I am receiving a daily download of a database and restoring it locally to do some custom reporting on. I...
Optimal values needed for Server
Can any one tell me what these items are total cpu usage,context switches/sec,paging rate,network bandwidth utilization,disk queue length .Under what...
Deadlock Analysis Results from trace flag 1222
I have just captured deadlock info into the error log using trace flag 1222. Can anybody help me disecting the...
SQL registration in Management STudio
- From time to time, I need to test a users login with SQL, so I go to a registered servers...
Parallel Thread Deadlocks Help?
- Trace Flag 1222 enabled
Database Tuning Adviser
I’m believe I’m getting “Intra-Query Parallel Thread Deadlocks” and not really sure how to...
Minimal Logging Enhancement in SQL Server 2008
- Hi folks,
SQL Server 2008 has enhanced INSERT..SELECT statement to allow minimal logging in certain cases, documented here:
[url=http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335(v=sql.100).aspx]http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335(v=sql.100).aspx [/url](See section: Best...
Inserting rows from one table to another another with PK column value incrementing
We are using Sql server 2008 R2 express. We have two tables,table1(id int,name nvarchar(50)) and table2(id int,name nvarchar(50)). For both...
No Analysis Services Option
When i open ssms i dont get the Analysis Services option in the server type field.
I have checked my...
calculating period of time
- hi, and here comes my next question :-)
i need to calculate the sum of quantity by period of days
Inserting child between descendants using HierarchyID datratype
We are using Sql server 2008 R2 express. We are trying to use HierarchyID datatype to represent organizational structure. We...
SQL Server 2008 Transaction log backup issue...
- Hello SQL Masters,
I would just like to ask regarding Transaction log backup. While backing up the T-log, is there still...
Creation of auto Increment row
I am using Sql server 2008 R2 express.I want a column [b]id[/b] with auto incrementing value in my table.But i...
- Iam unable to open the reporting services url as getting getting error as
There is a problem with this website's...
how to copy all the scripts one sql server database server to another sql server database
- Dear all,
Hope you doing...,
actually i am changing all my tables from 10.101.__.17.dailyreps database name to another server 10.101.--.23.daily reps.
select 200 column out of 250 column
- If My table consist of 250 colum and i want to select 200 column so it is possible to write...
Enabling Trace Flag T1118
We are using Sql server 2008 R2 express. We heard enabling T1118 is good for tempdb contention.Somewhere it said...
Assistance with this query
- I'm a bit new to SQL, and I'm attempting my first real project. Currently, my setup is: SQL Server 2008...
SSMS Performing Slow over remote connection
- Hi Mates,
One of the instance is hosted in a cluster node with 128GB of ram and 80 processors allocated to...
deploying a cube
what are my options for deploying a cube?
is there an interface users can use to browse the cube as I...
Trigger For External Server Insertion
- Hi All,
Please i need an answer to this question. I have two servers, one locally and one hosted, i normally...
Increase values with update statement
- Hi everyone
I hope somebody can help...
I have a table in SQL with the following columns: FinancialYear (varchar), Site (varchar),...
SQL Server Install Location
- Can the SQL Server Binaries (2005,2008,2012) be installed in a location other than the C: drive.
How can I specify the...
Import .txt file into SQL Table - Not working!
- Hi there, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. At the moment part of our customer information...
Urgent - Reporting services migration and upgrade to 2008 R2
We have a task to move reporting services 2005 instance to new servers with 2008 R2 version.
This is what I...
Lock only one row in update (lock a row)
The question is (if it is possible without any workaround, like add a state column)
How can i achieve this... I...
Validate a date held in a text field.
Our systems administrator has took it upon themselves to use a free txt field to house a data value.
calculating time difference
I have a table
ID UserID Purpose DateCreated
1 500 login 2013-03-24 14:39:43.273
2 501 login 2013-03-24 14:39:43.277
3 502 login 2013-03-24 14:39:43.277
Problem in 1 Billion Records Table
I have one huge table which has 1Billion records. I tried to delete unnecessary records but it took a lot...
Curious: performance difference when using function in a where clause.
- Hello all,
This is just something I noticed and am [b]wondering[/b] about (I think this is an unexpected effect), there is...
Track SQL severity levels in SCOM?
- Trying to set up alerts and/or email notifications in SCOM 2007 that are triggered by SQL Server (2005 & 08) severity...
Validating trace file events
If I have a trace running and populating some *trc files..
My question is how can I validate that i am...
SSMS crashing at startup
I have a windows 2008 server with an instance of sql server 2008 installed on it. After installing an instance...
SSIS Warning - Global Shared Memory
I'm busy rewriting DTS packages as SSIS packages. As and when I finish a package I run it in debug...
I think I already know the answer but...
- I suspect the answer is going to be "No" but thought I'd check with more experienced heads than my own.
how to shows results from three queires to one please?
- Hello All
I have below 3 sql queries which gives results on order by accounts,
Now the question is how to...
how to populate month value equally to all business days value and help me to write Stored procedure for below scenario?
- Hi Every Body,
i am strucked up in creating stored procedure....
My scenario is:
I Have a table Sales_Month with values...
Reorder a custom order column
Been stuck on this for a little while and hoping that someone can help me figure out my logic problems.
Return 1 record with data from multiple tables
I have data in numerous tables. The first 2 tables are simple:
Each product links to a category. That part is...
- [code="other"]I need a query to get the expected output
stguid stuName studwor stid
------------------------ ----------------- ----------------- -----------
642-4d5d-9af0-4c7a18dd ChrisName Chris 255
4171-8655-2de255b88e08 ChrisCity SAN City 179
Alpha Numeric number Generation
Need help with in writing a Stored Procedure for Auto Alpha Numeric Generation. If I pass an Alpha numeric...
Extract Saturday through Friday as the weekly date range
- I have data with attendance hours/dates for every day of the month/year. I need to create a query where I...
Multiple condition based on where clause in sql server 2008
- I had a table Product with these fields
I want to search all these fields with these criteria
Only allow users to see their own records
- I'm working on the database from hell, so bear with me... (they think 'normalization' is a dirty word, or a...
How to call a batch file to execute from an SP
- Hi All,
Need your assistance please, I am not very good with scripting.
I have created a draft of SP, and I...
- I have a table (tblTimesheetWOErrors) containing an error list with (ErrorID, WONbr, TimesheetID, Username, Date). The WONbr refers to a...
- I setup database email and get this Message
 Unable to start mail session (reason: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'...
how to insert datetime column into table
I'm having strange issue trying to do the following which I thought was just going to be straight forward
New Database Request Form
- Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has created a new SQL Server Database Request Form? What I'm looking for is a...
How to impersonate an AD Login within a AD Group defined in SQL
- We have active directory groups defined within our SQL 2008 server. I have another AD login defined on the server....
Disable & Rename 'SA'
- Hi All,
Our SQL risk assessment determined that 'sa' should be renamed and disabled. As a fallback readiness, i gathered all...
Transaction Log Full
I need help with my database. The database is mirror to another database and not the disk is full. No...
Finding an LSN - Blind log shipping
- I've been tasked with trying to set up log shipping in a blind scenario... that is, the source server and...
Column encryption and decription........
- Hello experts,
I need to encrypt 4 col. in sql server 2008 and decrypt again. Do I have to do one...
SQL Job Agent History format
- Is there any way to fix the formatting? I'm just getting lines of text without carriage return/line feeds. It makes...
Catching culprits of high tempdb growth
We are facing issues with tempdb on our SQL server 2008 clustered instance. The SQL version is Microsoft SQL Server...
SQL SERVER 2008 PRO installation
can anyone please help.
I have visual studio 2008 pro installed in my system.while sql server 2008 pro installation i stuck-up...
starting sql server
- Is this possible to restart the sql server in single user mode
if yes is there any impact on server
- After I take the log backup, shouldn't I see the decrease in size of my transaction log file? Do I...
HIgh CPU usage by SQLserver.exe
- HI All,
We have moved one of our 2005 database to 2008 R2 windows server- with 16GB RAM and 4CPU's.
Cannot backup - Old killed backup still running
I have one DB that on a multi DB server that people cannot connect to. I'm not familar with...
Connecting to SQL Server 2012 with Mixed Mode Authentication
- I have Installed Sql Server 2012 on windows Server 2012 and enabled mixed mode authentication on Installation. I have added...
Fire and Forget Solution.
- Fire and Forget Solution
The solution is let the target end the conversation first. The initiator can simply send the message...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
No Home Folder in SSMS
- Hello friends,
I have inherited a SSRS 2008 R2 Server
I want to manage the reports/ssrs/subscriptions via Management Studio. But when I...
Could not connect to the report server http://localhost/reportserver
- I currently have SQL2k8 R2 Reporting services on client machine (Windows 7). I created and deployed reports on this machine....
Sharepoint connection error
Iam trying to access Sharepoint data from SSIS. Iam not able to use the sharepoint adapters because I don't...
Open/View SSIS Packages
- When I go into SSIS and look under the MSDB folder I can see the name of my package P1...
Appending the results of multiple stored procedures into a text file using SSIS
- Hello everyone.
I have a requirement where I need to get the output resultant set of various stored procedures and...
SSIS packages deployment strategies
- Hi friends,
I would like to discuss some ideas toward the deployment of SSIS packages across servers (Development, test, production and...
Iam running SSIS packages and scheduled it for 30minutes in sqlagent.Iam running nearly 10packages for every 30minutes.The problem is...
Can´t view properties for analysis project.
- Hi, i have an analysis services db which contains datasources, data source views, dimensions and cubes..
I have used the "open...
Getting Grand Total of a calculated member
- I have a calculated member in my cube called [LY Pounds]. I need to get the grand total of [LY...
- I'm studying MDX and can't solve one problem.
To simplify there is a fact table (fact_Proc) and two dimension (Dim1...
Creating a Cell Calculation
- Hi Everyone,
I hope someone out there has experience with this. I am trying to use a cell calculation in my...