Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Track changes to database objects
- I need to supply my manager with a monthly report showing all the database objects that was changed. E.g. stored...
Changed SQL Services Acct - "Cannot Generate SSPI Context"
- We want to rollout a new account to use for SQL Services. On a Dev server (SQL 2005 SP3, Windows...
How do I interpret sp_who2 results?
- I have been looking around at various articles and threads and in SQL Server 2005 Tutorial and have not come...
Log Backups Failed to Truncate Log
- I have a full recovery database used for holding logging information, typically Name, Type, Time and some other values. Each...
Restoring database from production to Dev
- We have Sql Server 2005 database server in both production and development environment.
I have the requirement to restore a database...
Server is rebooting after taking backup and it is not giving the Bak file also
- HI to all,
Server is getting restarted whenever we are running the SQL Backup [scheduled backup maintenance plan job and...
Table Level Rescovery/Restoration
- HI All,
Can we restore/recover individual Table in Microsoft SQL Server. As far as i know it is not possible Out...
Log backup and running time
Bit of an idea to ponder:
I have a server with 15 user databases ranging in size, the largest being 120GB....
- I have a database in SQL server 2005 (64 bit) server. The recovery mode is set to simple recovery, and...
what is alternative for *= in sqlserver 2012
- Recently we have migrated our projects to SQLSERVER 2012 , some of the queries has *= [syntax in where condition]now we need...
Microsoft SQL setup files configuartion failed.
- Hi All ,
We did encountered some issue while doing an inplace upgrade from SQL 2000 TO 2005 as the setup...
Update one column of a table with data from another table
- I have two tables which are different with the exception of a single field (column name = "LocationCode").
Both tables can also...
How do i grant permission to msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail ?
- I have my custom sp in my testDB database which is using dbo.sp_send_dbmail system sp from msdb. I have many...
ftp task - PGP public key
I am in the process of using a FTP task in my ssis package.
This is to retrieve files from a...
- I was recently assigned a task of dynamically extracting Access schemas...How do i approach using SSIS..Any thoughts or suggestions would...
sp_send_dbmail fails within a trigger
- I'm trying to write a trigger that will inform me via an email using sp_send_dbmail when a certain value has...
CAST CONVERT doesn't work
- Hello everybody
I have th following CAST Convert statement:
SELECT CAST(CONVERT(CHAR(8), EZACDT) AS DATE) AS Accounting_Date
WHERE EZCONO = 2
AND EZDIVI = '001'
Comparision of tables in two instances
- Am having two instances A and B, in that having a table called students in two databasess, but the records...
Check Data While Inserting
- Dear All,
I have a UI like,
LineNo ProdID Discount(%) and a "Insert" Button
-------- ------ --------
I can insert a single or multiple lines in this UI.
best optimized query for the requirement
- I have the below query and need the best query to optimize the requirement
SELECT DISTINCT product_id FROM fact_sales WHERE (agent_id=1...
Not able to find historical data using SQL Server Profiler in SQL Server 2008
- Hello All,
I would like to capture the script that was ran by user on yesterday between particular time.
But somehow i...
SQL Script Help - Need to capture a single transaction from many possibilities
- Here is the DLL
IF EXISTS ( SELECT
object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[XX_TEMP_AR_INSERT]') AND
type IN ( N'U' ) )
DROP TABLE [dbo].[XX_TEMP_AR_INSERT]
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout Expired
- I apologize if this question has been asked before, but we're really stumped and the answers I've seen posted don't...
Transactional replication problem
- Hi everyone,
We encountered some strange error when we were trying to add a subscriber.
Following steps were performed:
1. Publsher and distributor...
BULK INSERT Different Data Types in the SAME Columns
- Issue: I have a small csv file uploaded through a web page by an end-user. It has two INT columns....
Update YTD number with the sum of MTD numbers
- I have a table with budget data. The month to date number has been loaded. I need to update the...
Problem having restoring database backup file on secondary server
- Hi for last two days at one of our client side we have been trying figure out a why its...
Bulk Insert via VBA - Operating system error 5
I hope this is the correct location for my question.
I have written a simple piece of VBA to convert some...
Need help to read text file
My text file as attachment ~ AG-Persekutuan-Bln-09-2012.txt
How to read this file as follows,
1. Taxpayer data starting in the second row
BCP to import tab delimited file with header
- Hi, i am trying to load a file which is a tab delimited file , which has a header row in...
I ran some DMV queries to get a server's health and came across some questions..
* The signal waits query gave...
Deadlock on update command
- I have the following dead lock happening quite frequently at 3-4 times a day.
The deadlock seems to happen on...
Strange issue with one of the four Sharepoint databases that we Log ship to our DR site.
- On the server that hosts our Sharepoint databases we are log shipping 4 of them to a sql server instance...
SSMS User Interface Tip to Freeze Panes.
- Accidentally discovered this, and thought I should share it, as I don't think I've seen it mentioned before.
In Management Studio,...
- Hi Guys,
I'm going to reorganize indexes with > 10%.
Is there a need to update statistics after the re-org?
Understand that if...
- CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TESTROWLOCK](
[ID] [int] NULL,
[NAME] [varchar](100) NULL,
[SURNAME] [varchar](200) NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
[b]TAB -1 [/b]
I m trying
SELECT ID FROM TESTROWLOCK...
BombProof Data Import from Excel ?
- I have a very large spreadsheet of 125,000 rows, 200 columns, some of which contain a lot of text. I...
Alter numeric(12,6) to numeric(19,4) - is it metadata only or is it recreate table?
- Would be most grateful for confirmation/infirmation of theory below:
Changing an existing table column from NUMERIC (12,6) to NUMERIC (19,4) should...
Insertion in table
This is the table structure and script below:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[GV_Booklet](
[BookletId] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[LeafCount] [nchar](10) NULL,
[Denomination] [int] NULL,
[VoucherTypeId] [int] NOT...
XLSX Import Error: result code db_sec_E_auth_failed
- I'm trying to import a 190 meg .XLSX file to a SQL 2008 (not R2) server. First, I installed "Office...
Data not inserting
- Hi i have written a query to check the insertion but its not working neither getting any error :
- "Read Committed_Snapshot" isolation level in sql has any negatives or disadvantages?
SSRS 2008R2 showing counties (not just states)
- I have a hopefully simple question. SSRS 2008R2 can do maps by state just fine... is there an easy way...
Validating trace file events
If I have a trace running and populating some *trc files..
My question is how can I validate that i am...
Primary key or not to primary key, that is the question
- Yeah, bad taste on the subject but nonetheless, you're reading my post :). I'd like to pose a scenario and see...
Few tricky Questions about SQL Server 2008 that I came across...
- Few Questions about SQL Server 2008 that I came across.
[b]Q: Which of the following allows for the truncation of...
How to read XML file with multiple children and load it in SQL Server
- I have an XML file in the below given format. How can I import it into SQL Server using OPENXML...
Incrementing code to add code
I am trying to join the table to itself many times on a condition. Is there a way to automate...
asp with sql server 2000?
- hai friends,
I m currently using sql server 2000 DB for my asp application
my table is
create table ttr
T-SQL substring replace function
- Hello, I have some data and need to extract the first 9 numbers from this pattern across multiple rows of...
How to get month number like Jan -01, Feb-02 ... Instead of Jan-1, Feb-2
Need help on get month number from Date field, I am getting month number as 1 for Jan, 2...
Help with the query!
- I came across a situation as follow
CREATE TABLE DAYOFWEEK(WeekID INT IDENTITY,DAY NVARCHAR(50))
CREATE TABLE SubjectToStudy(WeekID INT,SUBJECT NVARCHAR(50))
INSERT INTO DAYOFWEEK VALUES('MONDAY')
Ranking functions, views, and predicates
- So, I ran into a nifty little "bug" I'll call it. From what I can find this was an issue...
problem in select command
please look at this select command :
[Code][b]select top 2 * from dbo.NFFeeds order by id desc [/b][/code]
for my database the...
- Hello All,
Couldn't find anything that addresses this specifically, so here goes.
I have a group that I want to allow to...
a query like factorial
I ask you for help because its more than 2 days im thinking about this question.
Imagine we have a table...
Obtaining Before & After Record & Missing Record.
- I have a database that has two tables. On table is a date table that has all of the possible...
SSIS - Data Flow Task With Delete Very Slow
- I have a Data Flow Task that reads from a Flat File Source (orders.csv) and then does an OLE DB...
Do Users based on logins in master have access to other databases?
- When I create a user and select master as the default database does that mean or imply that user can...
New Database Request Form
- Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has created a new SQL Server Database Request Form? What I'm looking for is a...
permission to windowsgroup
- I have created 3 users in windows which are part of windows group named
wingrp1. I created a login in...
how to give create or drop permission through ssms
- in sql 2008 it is possible to assign permission to an object such as table or view
insert or select permission...
working with sa account
- I am working with sql 2008 and using all features of security but not able to understand the need and...
users not able to access database
- Hi Friends,
We are facing an issue on one of our servers. We have some domain users in our database. These...
Deny member of sysadmin user access to databases
- Hi, I am not sure if this is possible, but here goes.
Can a user who is a member of the...
Disable & Rename 'SA'
- Hi All,
Our SQL risk assessment determined that 'sa' should be renamed and disabled. As a fallback readiness, i gathered all...
sql server login failure
- I am working with asp.net and try to access through my login form sql server
when logging in as windows...
Need advice on designing SQL Server security using Active Direcory groups
For some reason I must not be Googling this correctly. I am looking for advice on how to best design...
Move logins from one to anothe
I would like to move a database from one server. In this move, I need a script to copy all...
Doubts on mirroring
- Dear All
I need some clarifications on mirroring. please help me out
1) After configure the mirroring if the principal is failed...
- We have a production CLR process that queries Active Directory for User Information and loads it into a table. We...
Log Shipping Compression
- Hello, does anybody know if any versions of SQL have the ability to compress log files before shipping. The plan...
Sql server back ground processes.
- I want to know , when i am execute sql select query , what are processes will be running in background
SP3 upgrade on SQL 2008 issue
Recently we tried upgrading SQL 2008 cluster instance from SP2 to SP3. After patching done on passive node, we tried...
Log File Shrink
- Now that we got the log file backups under control, now it's time to shrink the log file. I'm going...
SQL 08R2 SP2 - did not update!!
- Hello SQL peeps,
I installed SQL 08R2 SP2 last week on about 20 servers however one did not update. (All...
how to know the delta data volume processed every day in mb
- Hi I wanted to know if there is a way to figure out how many bytes of data have been...
SSIS ForEach Loop Container - loop through all DB's
- I am trying to get the FELC to loop through all the databases for my sql server. I want to...
SQL Agent - SQLSTATE 21000 error
- I have found weird error in my SQL Agent which is produced about every 30 seconds. The message reads as...
Details on the certification
- I am just wondering how much each exam would cost...and where to register.. Would also like to know how many...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Issue with IFCode shortcuts in IE 10 on Windows 8
- I just got my shiny new computer from Dell with Windows 8 pre-loaded on it. It is quite zippy compared...
Save output of DBCC SHOW_STATISTICS into a table
At our company, we are using a single package on SQL server for Accounting and Warehousing.
We experience some performance problems...
date parameter issue
I have created a parameter with a called MonthEnding that has a datatype Date/Time. In my report parameter properties i...
barcode generation problem in RDLC local report
- I am trying to encode [url=http://www.aspper.com/barcode-rdlc/tutorial.html]barcodes in RDLC reports[/url], I am using vs 2008 and C# class library.
It works well...
24/7 Mulitple Table Design
- Hi All
I will apologise this will be a little vague but is all the info I can give at the...
Configuration Table and deployment to Production Server
- Hi all,
I have to deploy a set of packages from the development server to the test server and later on...
sql12 tabular mode design
- Hello, Im finding it a little "extra" work is needed to get a complicated tabular model designed vs traditional OLAP...
Communication link failure - Shared Memory Provider: No process is on the other end of the pipe
- Dear All,
I having a SSIS package to process the cube (SSAS 2008) in daily basic. This morming I check the...