Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
- Hi guys
I have a problem, i'd created a new file group and i wanted to transfer some tables to the...
INSERT into Excel leaves values as text
I use TSQL to create Excel files and send them as reports to a list of people. I use the...
XLSX Import Error: result code db_sec_E_auth_failed
- I'm trying to import a 190 meg .XLSX file to a SQL 2008 (not R2) server. First, I installed "Office...
send Table name to procedure as a parameter
i create a procedure in my database.this SP select all rows from a table :
[code][b]CREATE PROCEDURE FillTable
select * from...
Transact replication on two computers
I am trying create transactional replication with updatable with subscriptions on two PC ( between instances database is OK ).
SQL Server 2008 R2 - Failed to connect to SQL Server
- Hello everyone,
I am having an issue and I am not sure why. I have every thing set properly I...
problem in execute the stored procedure
i craete a SP in my database . by this command :
CREATE PROCEDURE test
SET NOCOUNT ON;
SELECT id, feed1,...
Data not inserting
- Hi i have written a query to check the insertion but its not working neither getting any error :
Database name is visible but not available.
- When I reboot my server and log into SSMS my database is listed but it cannot be expanded. The table...
SQL 2008 - Min and Max server memory
- For SQL 2008, the min and max server memory settings are limited by total memory. If my server has 4gb...
can we install 2008 R2 integration services and 2012 integration services on the same server
- Hi DBA'S
I had 2012 integration services installed on a server. i am trying to connect to Oracle but it is...
Upgrading/moving datbases frm 2005 to 2008
- After moving databases from 2005 to 2008, do we need to do run any queries (like update usage which we...
Pivot Query with Count
- Hi there
I am fairly new to SQL Server TSQL and I have a strong MS Access background.
I can't get my...
problem in select command
please look at this select command :
[Code][b]select top 2 * from dbo.NFFeeds order by id desc [/b][/code]
for my database the...
Get missing records
I have a table #TransDetail
CREATE TABLE #TransDetail
ID INT IDENTITY(1,1) PRIMARY KEY,
I wish to compose Normalised tables for the below requirment Please Help.
- There is requirement as below to create the Data Model for estimation in No of tables as of now
Error "Must declare scalar variable ..." when using cursor
Hope you can help me.
Every week KPI's for our HR-dept. have to be generated.
The problem with this is that the...
Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed when converting the varchar value 'Noida' to data type int.
- CREATE TABLE EMPLOYEE
EMP_ID INT PRIMARY KEY,
insert INTO EMPLOYEE VALUES(2, Monu Rathor, 4789.00, Agra);
insert INTO EMPLOYEE VALUES(4, Rahul Saxena, 5567.00, London);
insert INTO EMPLOYEE VALUES(5, Prabhat...
Do Users based on logins in master have access to other databases?
- When I create a user and select master as the default database does that mean or imply that user can...
Creating my first UD
- I really like sql server, but one of the things that drives me crazy is formatting columns. The numbers in...
Microsoft Access 2010 & SQL Server 2008 Express
- What's the best way for clients to connect to an sql server? Should all clients have their own seperate Access...
smk and dmk in sql 2008
- How to view service master key and database master key in sql 2008 and what is the actual use of...
what is certificate and its usage
- I want to have more clearity on what certificate actually holds.when to use it preferably.
BACKUP CERTIFICATE sales09 TO FILE = 'c:\storedcerts\sales09cert'...
can not find Model after Master restore
- I was doing some testing to ensure I had all the version build files required to restore the Master database...
Suggestions on TEMPDB Setup
- I have a teradata environment with database aroudn 3TB. This server has around 40 core processors. Microsoft suggested to Use...
A tricky one
I have a table of links to images. I have an identity key for a particular image but i want...
XML Special characters
- DECLARE @t TABLE(a VARCHAR(100))
INSERT @t SELECT 'abc' UNION ALL SELECT 'd<c>f' UNION ALL SELECT 'ghi'
(SELECT a+',' FROM @t...
Best Practice: Custom Front End for SSRS
- Hi All,
I am from a small software company that sells products exclusively for the mining industry. We have decided as...
Only one column not extracting from Excel source
- I am trying to extract the data out of an excel file with 3 columns Success, Failure and Waiting. The...
trying to make my first report and it is not going :(
I am new here, I have a question, unfortunately every time I solve it on my own I keep mixing...