Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Automatic Alert for Full of Primary file group in Sql server.
- hi guys,
is there any ways to have a automatic alert when primary file group is full in Sql server...
SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Error creating a new session).
- I can't start the SQL Server Agent Service on a new installation.
During the install I chose not to start the...
My MSDB Database is over 25 GB on production server
- The following tables are consuming alot of space in the msdb database.
Windows Server 2008 Backup Utility
SSRS: How to make two tables have the same number of row
- hi experts
I have the following
dataset1(MDX) (always has more rows than dataset2)
tablix1(source is dataset1)
tablix2(source is dataset2)
what i need to accomplish is...
Hiding an SSRS 2008 report in Report Manager list view thru code
- I'm trying to find a way to hide subreports in Report Manager. I know I can go to the report...
how to store text file content into sql server 2005 database
i have to design an application to read all text files from a folder and store in sql server 2005.
- Hi ,
One of SP is having below code and it is running more than 2 hrs. This job is daily...
sql server 2005 (std edition 32 bits) on windows server 2003 enterprise 32 bits
- Hi Guys,
I have 8GB RAM on windows server 2003 enterprise 32 bits. From my computer, right click properties I can...
Can Someone Explain These Wait Times to Me?
- So I know what wait times are, the amount of time SQL spends waiting on a resource. What I don't...
High Index Count/Space versus High CPU and Logical/Physical Reads
- We are working on trying to reduce the high number of IO waits on one of our production servers, a...
SSIS & Environment Variables
- I've been struggling w/ some quirky issues lately regarding use of environment variables with package configurations in my SSIS packages.
CASE in WHERE clause
- I am converting embedded SQL (in Java code) to a stored procedure.
They are building SQL WHERE clause dynamically in JAVA.
Converting Hex String to Int
- When converting a constant hex string '09FF000' to INT. It is simple as below
Select Convert(Int, 0x09FF000) --just added 0x
SQL 2000 - The selected package cannot be opened - The DTS Designer has been closed
- I have two SQL 2000 servers, Db1A and Db1B. There has been NO SQL 2005/2008 is or has ever been...
Merging two select statements for MTD and YTD
- Hi Guys,
i have two select statements that i want to merge in one with union.
the first query should return YTDSALES...
Inserting TAB into string
- Hi all,
This is for SQL 2000. I am trying to add a tab character to a string using char(9) but...
Possible to recover / retrieve a server-side trace definition?
- I'm trying to find what is being traced from a server-side trace on a couple SQL servers I'm managing. The...
T-SQL which cause Table or Index Scan
- Trying to find a comprehensive list of T-SQl that will cause a table scan.
1 Such as Select * from xxx,
Not able to modify existing maintenance plan?
Tlog backup failed and no errors are written error log and application logs as well..
when try to editing existing maintenance...
- Hi Friends,
Let us consider I have a login ABC & I have given db_reader access for XYZ Database. But now that...
- I have got access to Production Domain but I don't have access to Development Domain means I ca not create...
Slow query - optimisation help required!
- I have the following query:
[code="sql"]INSERT INTO dbo.Load9_PotentialOverlaps_(Master_Id, Master_GUID, Master_SubmissionID, Duplicate_Id, duplicate_GUID, Duplicate_SubmissionID, MatchKeyType)
SELECT a.id, a.GUID, a.SubmissionID, b.id, b.GUID, b.SubmissionID,...
How SQL query result insert in to table?
Daily am taking the size of databases using "EXEC SP_Databases" and updating in a excel file manually,
[b]DATABASE_NAME | DATABASE_SIZE | REMARKS[/b]
now i want...
SQL Server Templates
- My own created SQL Server templates have suddenly disappeared from Template Explorer in SSMS ?
Anyone know how i can find...
Linked Server Replication
- Good Morning
I have been struggling with data synchronization between SQL SERVER and MYSQL for ages, I have tried all possible...
Cross Join Trick
- Create table Amount
YoA int ,
Amt decimal (9,2)
Create table Master
YoA int ,
Insert into Amount
select 2008, 'CAD' , 3400 UNION...
When delimiter is part of the field - How to handle in SSIS
I have a CSV file with field delimiter as [b]COMMA (,)[/b]. The package is working without any issues for few...
- hello all.
I use this command for my purpose:EXEC Master.dbo.xp_DirTree 'D:\Reports ',1,1
now I want to have *.rpx file that exist in...
retrive data from path on another computer
- hello all.
I have som rpx file on one drive on server and I want to select rpx file name to...
invalid character in input file
- Hi all, I'm being told I have to scrub invalid data in an input file.
I have a 30 character...
Recommended index causing query to run twice as long / HASH vs NESTED LOOP
- Hey all,
Been working on some performance tuning and running into a wall at this point. I've taken some initial passes...
Incorrect syntax error when using group by
- I'm trying to do a join and then a group by and order by, but I'm getting an "Incorrect syntax...
inserting data from one table to another and want to create primary key at same time
- I am creating a table by using an insert into from another table
then I am deleting any duplicate rows from...
Getting the files stored in a database table?
- Hi All,
I am struggling to find a solution / guidelines / 3rd party or internal database tools that allows me to extract...
Is this is the Best Practice to select E: for the SQL Server root directory?
- Hi Experts,
Is this is the Best Practice to select E: or any other driver(not C:) for the SQL Server root...
Find month totals between date columns
- I have a sample view with some dates. How would you find the numbers of items open per month. Say...
Create CLUSTERED Index
I want to change the order of two fields in Pk of a table,I need to drop it and recreate...
Diagnosing Page Latch Issue
- I'm working with both a Vendor's DB and a purge script they've provided, and I need some outside opinions.
How to get Below T-SQL qury Output..?
- [size="3"][font="Courier New"]Hi All,
This is the query I have written
DECLARE @FromDate DATETIME
DECLARE @EndDate DATETIME
SET @FromDate = '2013-01-01 00:00:00.000'
SET @EndDate = '2013-02-13 00:00:00.000'
- How much time Executionlog2 table and catlog table in ReportServer database hold the data?
Does it store all historical data and...
sqlcode vs sp
- hi friends i have small doubt in sql plese tell me
how to Determine when to use stored procedures vs....
Performance Problems converting data into columns
I am in need of some help with an SSIS package (SQL 2008). I am trying to extract data...
How to make triple-pass UPDATE single-pass?
- I'm attempting to optimize some code that I was just handed, and I'm not exactly sure if what I want...
Which will perform faster/better inserting million rows to a table or put all insert in a transaction then commit?
Reporting on report execution over the last 12 months
- Hi guys,
I'm looking to create a report that will detail how many times each SSRS report was executed over the...
Converting Rows to columns
i want to convert rows to columns
2 2 0
Advanced String Manipulation
- I have a string that needs some serious help...
I need to rewrite many strings with the aggregate value of anything...
Very frustrating performance tuning!
- So I have run into this most aggravating of issues :-D
Here is what I have; I am loading sales order...
How do I optimize a query with a text column?
- I am looking for a way to optimize a SELECT query that includes a column with a data type text....
Split a String
- Hello Everyone
I am working on some old data that should not be store this way, but it is.
My data is...
How to create a query which kill CPU?
For some tests I need to create a query or set of queries which overloads my test machine which is...
Data Insertion into Access DB using T-SQL
- Hi Guys,
I am trying to insert data from SQLServer into an access database,using T-SQL
I used OPENROWSET to Select the data...
I'm trying to figure out a way to calculate a weighted average, but having trouble with the time part.
ORDER BY = Bubble Sort ? Quick Sort ? Insertion Sort ?
- Hi All,
When We sort the data by using ORDER BY , which sorting algorithm method will be used by SQL optimizer?
Complex SQL QUERY with DateDIFF
- Hi all,
I need to script a query to discard access logs that not exceeding a predetermined margin (eg. 2 seconds)....
Sum values in a select statement
- I know this is a simple question. However, I'm not sure where to start. I'm new to SQL and would...
Part Table or Procedure not updating
- Hi all,
I'm fairly new at all this but I know a little, I've recently taken over our database from a...
supplying a schema in queries, performance?
A random question, if you write queries and put the schema before objects will it affect performance in any way...
How to find database,object,schema level permissions on a server
- Hi...any one can provide the solution please it's very urgent
i need a tsql script for SQL SERVER 2005
I have 2...
I am looking to gain work experience here in London UK - Please HELP!!!
- I am a certificated SQL Server DBA in both 05 and 08 since 2010, but has had no joy successfully...
Microsoft Access 2010 & SQL Server 2008 Express
- What's the best way for clients to connect to an sql server? Should all clients have their own seperate Access...
sql server mirroring synchronization not happening
- Hi all,
I have mirroring setup, Seems to everything fine.But synchronization not happening.i don't understand what was the problem.
Please any one...
Installation Error: Volume does not belong to the cluster group
- I am installing SQL 2008 R2 cluster in windows 2008, I got the following error:
The volumne contains SQL server data...
How to find cause of Replication delay?
- Hi everyone,
I just have a quick question about finding the cause of a delay I saw with one of my...
SSIS Job fails using Domain Account
- I get this error when I attempt to run the Package using the Domain Account, SQLServerAgent.
Executed as user: MyDomain\SQLServerAgent. Microsoft...
Replication from SQL 2008R2 to SQL 2012
I have weird replication issue. Can't figure out what the issue is here. Please help me with ideas/known bugs(if...
- I need to write DR/HA proposal any suggestions?
Negative Available Space for tempdb
- I'm checking all my databases and when I look at my templog setting in the Shrink File window I see...
How to start Database and sever Career HELP?
- Hello all I am in need of some serious help. At the age of 29 I decided to go to...
Id like to take this exam and looking for some good prep.. My T-SQL skills are basic at present...
Client does not want to pay overtime. How to deal with it ?
- I am hourly-paid employee of a consulting company, but work all the time at client site. Sometimes I have to...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
ssrs reports logic
- HI friends i have small doubt in ssrs report.plese tell me how to solve this one
If i generate the report...
need help on Expression syntax
- Hi all,
I am trying to create the Expression equivalent of the following query:
where TopLevelProjectName = '40 Project Folder'
Regex Expression to remove RTF tags
- Hi There,
I have a file that I get from pulling out values from a Microsoft Lync 2013 conversation that has...
Hide the sub reports in ssrs
- i want to hide the sub reports in the tree view of reportviewer application.I can hide these through reportmanager by...
Startswith Eqivalent in Reporting Services? Need help please!
- I have a Crystal Report that I am converting to Reporting Services. The report lists accounts by SIC Code, which...
Is it possible to alter the .XML in and RDL file via SQL script?
- Hi Guys,
We have a 3rd party developing our data warehouse, and we do the SSRS devevelopment in house via...
Subreport with uniqueidentifier or guid parameter
I am adding a subreport to a report and I need to pass a uniqueidentifier or Guid to the subreport....
SSIS task perform PGP encryption with remote server
I have an SSIS package with a task that I need to perform PGP encryption. I am running the package...
SSIS task taking time but SP called is quick
We have a huge process that we perform using SSIS, which is mostly just calling SP's using SQL task.
- Currently working on a project for a client which involves me building a matching solution in SSIS. One of the...
Passing Multiple variables to dtexec in execute process task
how to pass multiple variables to dtexec in execute process task.
it is working fine when i pass one variable for...
Disappearing scriptmain.vb from a script component
I am doing some research into moving to SQL 2012 from SQL 2008 R2. As a part of this I...
Update Data in Prod table. Lookup ? Merge?
I am in need of a solution. I am supposed to load the data of a table from PROD server...
Out of Memory problems creating an SSAS Tabular Model
- I'm trying to design a Tabular Model but when I point the Table Import Wizard at my primary fact table,...
Different aggreation results with and without a dummy WITH clause
- I'm trying to diagnose a bug in a calculated measure in a SSAS cube, and while debugging I get this...